We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » New Project: Explicit Content (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
889 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to let those interested know my new book, Explicit Content, should be available soon.

Explicit Content is all about visual mentalism. The effects contained within are all extremely visual, explicit demonstrations of your psychic abilities.

The effects are:

Forget Geller - An extremely visual coin bend.

The Omni Bender - An extremely inexpensive, but effective key bender.

The Callous Bend - A no gimmick key bend that is sure to work your hands.

Ringu - Bend a spectators ring visibly. Unorthodox, gutsy, and effective. Only the brave need attempt.

Pent - Bend a pen visibly, by merely thinking about it.

Pent Ultimate - Famed mentalist Banachek's approach to bending a pen.

The Tesla Experiment - The ultimate in mind reading. The spectator sees, hears, and feels the thought being transferred.

Elemental - Cause a cup of water to first boil, then freeze. A true demonstration of psychokinetic power.

Molten - Cause a spoon to become red hot, and melt. The spectator sees this, but won't believe it.

Post Impression - Originally posted right here on The Magic Café, and in print by popular demand. A very subtle, examinable impression pad. While not exactly visual, a very useful tool in any mentalists arsenal.

Kenton Knepper was kind enough to write the foreword for the book, and here is what he has to say about it:

"It’s easy to get bent out of shape about these things.

Sean Fields is a smart guy. But when he told me he was working on a book about bending keys and such, I was cautious. Sean knows I have used “bending” to make a part of my living since the 1970s. Lately there have been many jumping on the “I bend things too” bandwagon. Most of these people teach bending as if it is a card or coin move. They misunderstand the power of bending, and instruct others to perform such effects in quick, multi-climax sequences. Such folks really don’t have a clue about what they are teaching at all.

Sean Fields understands the soul of bending. That’s what so many others miss. There is a feel and an intention to bending that has nothing to do with sleight of hand. From this perspective only can a performer invent and teach such true effects.

Rarely do I get excited about what others create in this realm. So little of the neo-bender’s material is realistic. Sean’s effects are authentic to the spirit of bending. I confess I will be adding a few of his techniques to my own performances.

I will also tell you what I told Sean: He is dangerously close to explaining methods some have used to start religions, and the real work people like myself have tried for many decades to keep secret.

So, to those who read this book, beware. You are playing with fire. If you cannot treat the power of bending with respect, don’t so it. You’ll get burned. Third degree burns. Go back to card tricks. On the other hand, if you dare to handle properly and with great care the material Sean tips here, you will be thrilled. You must be clear how you define and label what you do however, or be thought a prophet.

Have a clear intention, catch the feel and soul of really bending metal with your mind, and then perform the real work in these pages… if you dare."

Banachek too, had kind words to say regarding the material:

"Sean, cool stuff. I think the ideas are great (one because I know I have thought of some of them before and come up with my own variations) but two because it looks like you have given much thought to the misdirection and psychology behind each one, well done."

Thanks for taking the time to read this extremely long post, but I am quite excited about this book, and wanted to share my excitement with my friends here at The Magic Café.

Sincerely,

Sean
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
How much Sean?
nimrod
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of nimrod
You had me till I saw who wrote the forward for the book. KK is another name for impractical material.

Nimrod , Israel
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
889 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Thehawk, I am not too sure about price just yet, it will all depend on duplication costs. Most likely between 20 and 30 bucks.

Nimrod, I am sorry you feel that way. I will be the first to admit that there is an effect or two within, that are not practical for walk around situations, and are more suited to a 'once off' scenario, but for the most part, every effect in the book was designed with simplicity and repeatability in mind. One of my personal favorites is The Tesla Experiment. This one effect could be the strongest piece of magic I have ever performed, period.

Sean
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
928 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Sean; any idea how 'The Tesla Experiment' compares in method to the material in our new manuscript 'Sensory Projection' ? The magician hears what the spectator hears, feels what he feels then ultimately names what he is thinking. More info on our site; PM me if you want to chat more about it.

Cheers,

Jamie.
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
Ramsay
View Profile
Special user
England
638 Posts

Profile of Ramsay
I have read most of the book and think Sean has done a really good job of collecting a good set of visual mental effects something that is not as easy to do as it sounds.

Well done mate,

Luke Jermay.
eebie376
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of eebie376
Yeah... Sean, I'm famous too... where's my copy? Smile

Definitely going to buy this one-- how soon do you mean when you say "soon"?

Ian
Steveblackwell
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of Steveblackwell
Quote:

Kenton Knepper
"Such folks really don’t have a clue about what they are teaching at all."

After some of the material Kenton has released, sometimes I wonder if he has a clue what he is teaching.

Your book sounds like it has a lot of potential Sean. I'm looking forward to it.
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
542 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
Hey Sean just want to wish you good luck with the book. Sounds interesting.

Scott Imler
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
889 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Jamie, I have PM'ed you. The Tesla Experiment is more of a presentation than a technique. While I have not yet picked up Sensory Projection (it is on my to get list) I can assure you they are quite different.

Luke, thank you for the kind words. I have used these effects in both my casual performances, as well as my paid gigs, honing and reworking them. I know nothing is for everyone, but I am sure everyone will find something within this book.

Ian, how ya doing? Your copy is still on my PC!

Steve, I am glad to hear you are looking forward to the book, I hope to not disappoint. I hope you find the material within as usable as it is powerful.

Scott, I haven't talked to you in a long time, how are you? Thanks for the words of encouragement. This is my first real book, and while I am excited about it, I am extremely nervous as well.

Sean
eebie376
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of eebie376
No way Smile . I'm doing pretty well... what about you? Sounds like this book is going to rock! I use Forget Geller often... since you gave us a peek at it elsewhere.
I'll have to catch you on MSN then?
Hope to talk to you soon... ("convention?")

Ian
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
542 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
Hey Sean been busy with two new effect about to be released in early 2004. I will send you a clip of them and see waht you think. Take care and Merry Christmas.
When is the book coming out?

Scott
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
889 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
I was initially hoping for a Christmas release, but, well, that probably isn't going to happen. We are hoping late December, early January.

If I don't talk to you soon, Merry Christmas to you too!

Smile Smile

Sean
Damion Corbett
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of Damion Corbett
Hey Sean, good luck with the book.

I also use "Forget Geller" a lot - you gave some of us a peek at it a while back and I am still using this baby to fry.

If this effect is any indication of what the rest of the book will be like, I am looking forward to it greatly.

All the best
Damion
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
889 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Thank you, Damion.

I am glad to see that you, and most of the others who learned it 'back in tha day' are still using it. It is a very strong piece. I do think you will be happy with the rest of the book. Some effects uses gimmicks, some don't, but they are all effective, regardless of which one(s) you will choose to do.

Sean
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » New Project: Explicit Content (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL