The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Design, Build, and Perform. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Triple"F"
View Profile
New user
Melbourne
12 Posts

Profile of Triple
I am only a fledgling magician trying to come to terms with what my mother politely calls my center of attention disorder. Smile But here is the thing, I am not so much interested in learning little tricks like ball and vase or oven cups and balls for that matter. Don't get me wrong, I love cups and balls and perform it every chance I get, but I really would love to start designing and building and performing my own effects. But I figure to start with, I will see if I can build tried and true tested effects first, but am unable to come up with the plans for even the simplest of illusions, the zig zag lady, or the production box. If anyone can help me locate schematics for these and any other effects, I will be greatly appreciative and most generous with compensation for copies not wanted by their owners anymore. Thank you for your time in reading this post. Smile And merry Christmas to all.
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Suggest you read through some of the posts on this site. Your questions have all been answered here before, and many, many times. It may take 10-15 minutes of your time, but then...!!

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
542 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
Try the Paul Osbourne plans. They are a good start as there are many illusions to choose from, some simple, some not. He has a series of 4 books out on the topic.

Scott
reedrc
View Profile
Inner circle
1351 Posts

Profile of reedrc
Try the base book, by Rand Woodbury. Great starter for modern bases and stairs. It doesn’t cover some of the NEW, NEW bases. But that information is easily obtainable through watching the latest magic shows (for as early as 1990), stopping the tape and measuring out peoples hands as they place them on the tables and props. If you measure out the comparisons, you'll figure out the prop and or trick. This way you will have an understanding on principles and take that and do something totally original and new with it.

Good luck!
Kind Regards

Ryan C. Reed
Founder, Illusion Entertainment

designer, director, theatrical consultant, digital wizard, magic impresario, wonder aficionado, Illusioneer & dream architect.

Instagram
Facebook
magictim
View Profile
Veteran user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
396 Posts

Profile of magictim
There has already been posted a thread on the new classic illusions Osborne book, which includes schematics for Zig-Zag and several other "classic" illusions. ~Tim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Design, Build, and Perform. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL