The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The ash pen (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
Does anyone own this? You can see a demonstration of it on http://www.jbtv.co.uk/guide.html.

On it he mentions, I believe, that you can perform the ash revelation (on the spectator, but I'm not sure! If so this would be incredible!!! I'm not sure if this would fit into mentalism or not, but it would knock people out in close-up situations.

Does anyone own this or know any more about it???

Jonathan Grant
mysticz
View Profile
Special user
D.C. metro area
680 Posts

Profile of mysticz
I don't know about the ash pen, but I wouldn't recommend spreading cigarette ashes over an unsuspecting audience member's clean arm under any circumstances. I don't think that would "fit into mentalism" or any performance situation for that matter. Unless you really want to be considered an unabashed social pest.

JZ
Joe Zabel
"Psychic Sorcery"

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

-- Shakespeare's Hamlet I.v. 174-175
E-Leoni
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
358 Posts

Profile of E-Leoni
I use to do it on my own arm, but it got messy with ashes, or salt for that matter.
I personaly don't think it is all that great for a walk around. I don't like to spend time cleaning my self at the table, and I don't like to leave looking like I need to go clean up. I think it is great for a one time effect, not walk around though. When I leave a table I like to look profesional, and neat.

Also the set up with the way I use to do it, is not convienient . I don't know what the method is on the video I saw.

E-Leoni.
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
Jon Lecaire (Master Thread Man from the states.) had a great routine that he sold at one point SOOTH SAYING SOOT that caused a selected card to appear on the spectators hand.. The effect was very good as it seemed as though you hadn't even touched them.. I had the ideal position where I was resident wierd guy and the person who greeted the guests would do the naughty work for me.. all I had to do is F a card.. In terms of the ashes on the persons hand it is important to judge and I always had the handy wipes that you get in fast food venues but most people wanted to show it around but the previous posts have valid points.. My residency was at a venue where people knew to expect the unexpected.. It is not good for restuarants that are up market.. and it certainly isn't an opener, you need to build up a repoire with the spectators by which time if your any good they will let you get away with murder..

Hope that helps?

M.S.
It's not goodbye, just see you later...
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
I think I could use it. It wouldn't be often but I can think of a certain few circumstances in non-walkaround that it would be perfect for.

But is this what the ash pen genuinly does?
Also I want to know if it's restricted to just cards on the specs hand.

Jonathan Grant
Andrew Wong
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of Andrew Wong
What is a ash pen?? Smile
jdmagic357
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of jdmagic357
Quote:
On 2002-05-30 05:08, Andrew Wong wrote:
What is a ash pen?? Smile

Perhaps a pen made of ash? LOL
Just cause they say it, doesn't make it true.
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
Hi, the link is not working, no matter, I own and used Guy B version when it first came out. It was ok but seemed a bit on the mental magic side for my taste.

I will say the sharpie holder that came with it was a really good idea and could be considered worth the price by itself. As it is very use full at times. Hope this is the same thing your talking about.

cheers
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Years ago I used it with a book test routine. It can add impact, but overall it isn't worth the mess.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
BillyTheSquid
View Profile
Veteran user
My bamboo hut's supported on
331 Posts

Profile of BillyTheSquid
Quote:
On 2010-12-25 16:11, MentalistCreationLab wrote:
Hi, the link is not working...

After 8 years I'm not suprised. Who on earth resurrects an 8 year old thread to give a "witty" comment? Come on - get real!
jdmagic357
View Profile
Special user
737 Posts

Profile of jdmagic357
Quote:
On 2010-12-26 17:21, BillyTheSquid wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-12-25 16:11, MentalistCreationLab wrote:
Hi, the link is not working...

After 8 years I'm not suprised. Who on earth resurrects an 8 year old thread

I do, but not for the purpose of being "witty", but to continue the conversation.

Hope that clears things up for ya.

Oh and surprised is spelled surprised not suprised. Come on get real!

Cheers.
Just cause they say it, doesn't make it true.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The ash pen (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL