The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » David Copperfield Show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JoeHohman
View Profile
Special user
Erie
706 Posts

Profile of JoeHohman
Last night, my wife, son, and I had the thrill of seeing the David Copperfield show here in Erie. Through sheer luck, the ushers asked us if we would like to sit in the orchestra pit, where there were about 8 to 10 seats that were less than 6 feet from the stage! (I think they asked us because they needed a well-behaved young boy to hold a set of keys for a brief time during one illusion.) At the end of the show, all of us "pit people" got to shake his hand.

So this was a pretty darn cool evening...

The illusions were fantastic, and I have NO IDEA how he did any of them, but the best part of the evening was Copperfield's rapport with the audience and his overall showmanship. He's lightened up considerably, using a lot of jokes and asides, and he seems a lot more "approachable," for want of a better word.

During one of his routines he told a lengthy story about the relationship he had with his father and grandfather. This is why I'm posting -- does anyone know if this story is true, or is it something he invented as a back-story for the routine? Either way, it was beautifully told, but I'm hoping it was true; does anyone know?
collective foundry
View Profile
Inner circle
1404 Posts

Profile of collective foundry
David has a VERY close relationship with his father and had with his grandfather. I suspect heartfelt truth in THAT story, if anything his love for those two are unparalleled. His father is getting older but still alive, and a VERY nice man. Other stories (such as SNOW) are a bit elaborated on...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » David Copperfield Show (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL