The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Card Stab Idea :: Parlor Magic? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
While working on Spellbinder's "Invisible Tarot" I came up with a plot called "Tarot Card Affinity" that makes use of Bob Cassidy's Moldavian Billet Switch (with his permission) combined with a desktop receipt skewer (you know, that pointy thing you collect receipts on?). It occurred to me that the same skewer, as long as it's being used for one thing, might also be used later on in the routine for a card stab. It would be easy to gimmick one to be just like a card sword, elastic and all, but for close-up I decided to go with ungimmicked and sleight of hand for getting the card on the point of the skewer. It works well enough that I have decided to include it in the "Invisible Tarot" collection. Since I know people won't want to fill their nice new Tarot deck with holes, It makes use of an illusion of being pierced, and then a "healing" of the holes put into the card by the piercing.
KokoB
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of KokoB
You should look into Nathan Krenzo's version it is so good, Saw him at a lecture a few weeks ago & his version was amazing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Card Stab Idea :: Parlor Magic? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL