We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Wand spin vanish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1539 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
I also made a set of balls using the old style mouse balls as cores, covered with red felt. They work well for the vanish, and for windy days...
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8361 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On 2013-09-27 07:17, Dick Oslund wrote:
Check out Camille Gautier's "MAGIC WITHOUT APPARATUS". I THINK that that's where the Professor got the "inspiration" for the wand spin vanish. (The wand spin really adds a bit of "flash" to the vanish!

My copy of Gautier is in storage. If I get a chance, I'll check it and give you a page reference.

Page 385!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1952 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Quote:
On 2013-09-27 08:43, kentfgunn wrote:
You could look up Ganson's explanation in "The Dai Vernon Book of Magic". Vernon's cups and balls routine was available as a separate pamphlet too. You can probably find an inexpensive copy on-line.

I believe Brian Watson, of http://www.cupsandballsmagic.com has some work on the wand spin as well.

I still use the wand spin myself. You can see it used at 1:29 in this routine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wksAZSAccvQ

I put a little something extra on top of the vanish. I learned it from "The Dai Vernon Book of Magic".

KG

That's beautiful.
Aamar and others have said that Ganson's explanation was wrong and that it could not be done that way. Maybe we need to open another kettle of Vernon soup.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8883 Posts

Profile of Mb217
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Wand spin vanish (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL