We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cog - Real mind reading? (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..9~10~11 [Next]
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
637 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
Yo,

My friend Ben has just put his first book on sale, it teaches the methodology behind a very impressive demonstration of thought reading. I've been hearing Ben talk about this for years, but it was never ready. I first saw it performed at Illusions bar in Bristol and had I not known the rough method, it would have fooled me, just like it did everyone else in the group.

To whet your appetite, here's a couple of quotes:

"Cog is a comprehensive manual for those wishing to perform a piece of pure, uncluttered mind reading. It will not come easily but with work and understanding it will allow you to simply tell a spectator which card they are thinking of; all with nothing written down, no cards in play and no other compromise. Recommended." Luke Jermay

"Ben Seward, you sir are a genius! Very rarely do I come across someone who has a very unique thought process. Cog is beautiful, if I had not explored these sorts of techniques I might have read this and shunned it as not possible. I very much know this is reliable and I am a little bit sad the world is going to get to see it..It's that good!" Peter Turner

The book is well written and well laid out, contains bonus ideas and some work from Fraser Parker too. The method isn't something that will come with an hour of practice, you really are doing pretty much what you're saying you're doing. If you're a fan of work like Patrick's Prevaricator, this is for you.

Definitely worth a read - I enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to road testing it! If you want to read more and pick up the book, details are here:

http://www.bdeceived.co.uk/

DC
Producer // PenguinMagic.com

My new book :: Astral Psychometry. Modern Mystical Mentalism.
Magic Cafe members get 20% off - Use code MAGICCAFE at checkout!

https://deechristopher.rocks/collections/dee-christopher-products/products/astral-psychometry
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Sounds intriguing.

So something like "the real thing" by atlas Brookings but with cards? Neat
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Is this preorder or now available?
adamellusionist
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of adamellusionist
POsted this as a new thread. My fault I meant to add it here.

Hi all,
I don't normally post on here to advertise other peoples products by my friend Ben Seward just put out a book I think should be seen and studied. It's rare that something this smart and well thought out comes out for the community to enjoy. I would highly recommend anyone looking to open your mind a bit to a concept that, when perfected can literally change your reputation into a real mind reader.
I'm confident that anyone who reads and absorbs the ideas in this book will be a much better performer because of it.
-Adam
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2251 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
It says to be releases sept 25th, do we get an ebook as well??

thanks
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
I went ahead and ordered this today. I will post my thoughts once I get a hold of it. Honestly, given the blurbs on Ben's site, I am buying it more to hear his creative ideas and thoughts than the idea that I am buying an "effect" that I will be performing. Look forward to reading it.
Ben Seward
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Ben Seward
Ola

I thought I would join this forum so I could answer any questions, so they don't have to be answered by third parties. Hopefully this will make sure you only get accurate information straight from me.
I've read this forum for years but ive never really felt I could add anything by posting.
COG is a set of techniques that ive been developing, refining and using for about 5 years now. Its finally ready to release and is a direct as I always wanted it to be. Ive performed them to countless spectators and quite a few pros. Its is my go to effect and all of the ideas can be adapted to any style or effect.

I'll be handing out 5 review copies (PDFs of the basic effect) to the first 5 people to email me b@bdeceived.co.uk that way you will have honest reviews from people you know, recognise an trust.

@brehaut the book is still on preorder. Its still being printed. (you are one of the 5 review copies email me you email address and ill send it over)
@BMWguy there is currently no plans to release a ebook (other than the 5 review copies). There will only be 250 printed copies.

looking forward to hearing your thoughts and reviews.

Cheers
Ben
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2251 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Email sent Ben.

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Ben Seward
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Ben Seward
That's all 5 of them send out.
To the ones who have been sent a copy:

Mike Stoner
Alex Hinojosa (BMWGUY)
Luca Volpe
Nicholas Michael Byers
Marko Validzic
I hope you enjoy the pdf and I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of it.

To those who missed out, I hope that the reviews of those above will help you decide if you are interested in the book.
I'm more than happy to answer any questions that anyone has.

Cheers
Ben
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1075 Posts

Profile of rasp
Hi Ben, have sent email.

Regards,

Ian.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Too late again, arghhh
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
I purchased this book this morning. Ben sent me a PDF which I have now read. So I did not receive a reviw copy but actually reviewing COG as a purchaser. One last note, I don't know Ben and did not know who he was until I received COG. Ok, now for the review.

Cog is billed as a thought of card effect with no force. The spectator thinks of any card and you reveal it. I believe Cog will become THE treatise or resource for the thought of card effect. This is saying a lot because in the world of mentalism, a frequent post is "what is the best thought of card effect?". Mentalists (and magicians) are always looking for real mindreading. Cog is the best I have seen. Now I just got it this morning and have not obviously tried it out. But I can tell from my own experience in mentalism that the techniques Ben describes work. Cog is very well written and detailed. Ben gives you backround and the journey he took to get to this point. All the material helps and can be used. Ben also gives outs which some will demand but others will understand are unnecessary. I originally purchased the book with the idea that I wanted to see the creative thinking much more than learning an effect. The thinking is wonderful and will open more doors for me. But I also will be performing it.

It is my understanding that the book is limited to 250 copies. I will be shocked if this does not sell out and does not sell out quickly. I hope it does and then the secrets remain with the 250 who purchased it. In my opinion the book could be sold for more but is a steal and its current price. Remember, I paid for this and now knowing the material would have been happy paying twice the price.

Bottom line. If you have an interest in the thought of card plot. Buy this now.

Greg Berman
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3161 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
I had the chance to read the pdf and I have to say that I am really impressed with his work.
The pdf is filled with concepts that will allow you to discern a thought of card and the techinques included, are, from my point of view, easy to master, but obivously If you are a not experienced performer, you may need to try those techiniques quite a bit. I don't want to say to much as I don't want to reveal the core of the concept, but I can say that is a mixture of "observational techniques" that will play very well.
In the book there are "outs" to be safe, but I honeslty think that with some rehearsel and practice you will be able to pull this out very easy.
I love also the idea of Fraser Parker in the book, is a wonderful use of the wonder words in action!
I like this book and I sugget you to have a look at it as I am sure you will find very good techinques that you can apply to any "though of" , not only playing cards.
Luca Volpe
TheStoner
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of TheStoner
I received the PDF and read it straight away. It's full of great ideas and methods for achieving that wonderful goal - mentalism that looks real, because it is! Most experienced performers will probably already do something similar to the core effect described here, but I've never seen it so well analysed, explained, expanded and presented for real-world use. Definitely one for the worker and not the hobbyist, if you're going to do this for family and friends expect to crash and burn horribly, and it will takes some practice, nerve and good observational skills - but once you've got it mastered you will have an impromptu any time any place anywhere piece of kick-ass mind reading. Great stuff!
Hirwa
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Hirwa
Right after finishing the pdf I was already attempting my first try on a friend. Everything went well and he was baffled. Great thinking!
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10720 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Cog sounds like a winner to me .. is it possible to see this in action VIA a demo ???/ I ask this question because I am not a mentalist
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Sounds like a worthy gamble.

Just sent payment. will post thoughts after.
Ben Seward
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Ben Seward
It has just been bought to my attention that my site says printed book and pdf download. I didn't design the site and this little error slipped right past me.
I never wanted to put a PDF out, the ideas in this book have taken me years to perfect and I don't want them to be pirated or past on. not that I am saying that any of you will but its important to protect not only my interests but those of the people who have paid for the material. Because of this anyone how has already ordered the book will be sent a personalised PFD copy of the book. From now on however anyone who purchases the book will have to wait for the printed copy to arrive.
the book is still available for prerelease as the books have not yet finished printing. As soon as the books arrive the price will be going up to £25 including postage, I always wanted the pre-release copies to be slightly cheaper.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4945 Posts

Profile of RNK
I ordered this morning- hope to share my thoughts soon!

RNK
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10720 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Hey ben thanks foer ASWERING MY QUESTION BY SaYING NOTHING
VINNY
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cog - Real mind reading? (11 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL