The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cog - Real mind reading? (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
BrandonWilliams
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of BrandonWilliams
Ben, thanks for explaining the PDF situation. I ordered earlier, and was wondering how to access the download. Really looking forward to this.
Ben Seward
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Ben Seward
Sorry Vinny I missed your question. There aren't any demo videos at the moment
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2013-09-26 15:50, Ben Seward wrote:
It has just been bought to my attention that my site says printed book and pdf download. I didn't design the site and this little error slipped right past me.
I never wanted to put a PDF out, the ideas in this book have taken me years to perfect and I don't want them to be pirated or past on. not that I am saying that any of you will but its important to protect not only my interests but those of the people who have paid for the material. Because of this anyone how has already ordered the book will be sent a personalised PFD copy of the book. From now on however anyone who purchases the book will have to wait for the printed copy to arrive.
the book is still available for prerelease as the books have not yet finished printing. As soon as the books arrive the price will be going up to £25 including postage, I always wanted the pre-release copies to be slightly cheaper.

Looking forward to number 250 being sold. Smile One other thing I would mention to my review. I will be ambigious so as not to tip any methodology, but one aspect of Cog I know works because I have seen it be used in the poker world to cheat. Again, fantastic book Ben!
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2253 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

Let me jump in here, as I was one of the 5 reviewers for COG. I would have still purchased this if I wasnt early with the email I sent to Ben, because I love the THINK A CARD plot, as does BREHAUT.
I have explored many avenues, and released IMATHINATION which was based off of Mental Communicator, which I still use. Some ideas I have never shared, just explored. Well I received this and gave it a read this morning between busy work and lunch, and let me tell you that this is a fascinating, entertaining read for the mentalist. If you are an experienced or advanced in the art, you will have no problems, and might pick this up right away. If you are a beginner, it might take some practice to get down smooth, but as Ben says it will all be worth it at the end.

There are different ways you can play this, and Ben helps you choose which way you take. The very first idea which Ben says he doesn't use anymore, I will be using more often.
There is another idea that I really enjoyed which I will change to suit the country that I live in which is Mexico, and some aspects of this are a bit different, I cant say more, but it will still work.

There are also outs which you can employ if need be.

I really like the idea shared by Peter Turner as well as the Fraser Parker idea which reminded me a lot of an older idea, in which you can direct mind read someone and make it like a type of open prediction and almost 90% be spot on with your prediction.

This is a fantastic book, and I am glad that only 250 copies will be made available.

Once you master the techniques described you will achieve greatness.

In the words of Peter Turner............BE BOLD, and create LEGENDS.......you have to take risks, why not start now!

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
TheStoner
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of TheStoner
I might be able to get a video of this during my residency tomorrow, but will let Ben check it first to avoid tipping anything. Trust me - you want this!
Ben Seward
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Ben Seward
I've emailed out the PDFs. From now on anyone who buys the book will just be getting the printed book not the PDF as well. Ill change the site ASAP but it might take a few days as ill have to get in touch with the designer.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1622 Posts

Profile of celebrity
My order is in Smile
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12067 Posts

Profile of John C
It may have been nice if over time while Ben was reading Café posts he did feel he could contribute. Now that he has a product he feels compelled to contribute. Oh well.

Perhaps placing an ad in the Café would serve him well.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1137 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
A very interesting read. Would definitely help to have video examples of spectator response.

Of course nothing replaces actual in the trenches experience. I am pretty far from being able to use these techniques but is certainly something to aspire to.
Cristobal
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaga (Spain)
287 Posts

Profile of Cristobal
Nice book!

I'm also a fan of this plot, but the best is that all techniques inside Cog can be used in almost any context besides the playing cards. Of course, the method(s) need work but definitively the effect and others applications worth it. By the way, I also like Fraser Parker's take a lot.

To finish, I want to thank Ben for the great customer service he gave me, searching for solutions to a little problem we have.
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
918 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Brilliant book, well worth the money - get it while you can.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Sounds really nice... Might have to go for this one.
Just a question though, is it based on already existing scientific / statistical pieces of evidence about most commonly chosen cards, etc... + fishing around this plot, or is it something completely different ?
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Ben Seward
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Ben Seward
@doriancaudal its not based on statistics or forces. The spectator can genuinely think of any card completely fairly. Then without fishing and with nothing written down you can tell the spectator the card they are thinking of.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
As a follow up to my original review, I was able to try this out a few times this weekend. As many have said, this will take some practice. Which each attempt, I was able to learn something about the process. I was very excited on one occasion when I knew with 100% certainty (at least in my mind I was 100% certain and it turned out to be correct) the suit of the card. I definitely can see where with practice this will be extremely powerful---especially when I do not want to use a force.

Many people talk about being bold and taking chances to the point that it is almost cliche. However, the point is that when you can master an effect like COG that requires you to take a chance, the pay off is much greater. The reason is that there is no way the spectator can explain away what you did since it all happens in the mind. They can not claim sleight of hand, confederates, electronics, etc.

Again, I highly recommend people serious about this art purchase this before it is too late.

Greg Berman
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1137 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
I'm so curious to try this out live but I don't think I'm anywhere close. I'd like to try some similar/easier effects prior and "build up" to this kind of thing (if anybody has any recommendations?).

I've been doing Isabella's Star a lot lately (for example), and although completely different, it offers moments where you need to guage the spectator's reactions. I'm getting better at it slowly.
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
832 Posts

Profile of nique
Alrighty, my order is in Ben; looking forward to reading your ideas on this.

~ Nique
"ChairLess - A Chair Prediction"

"Epique - A Mental Epic"

PM or email me for details:

niquetan@gmail.com

Reviews here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462773&forum=303&13

https://m.facebook.com/niquetanmindreader/

www.niquetan.com
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4865 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2013-09-30 12:07, brehaut wrote:
As a follow up to my original review, I was able to try this out a few times this weekend. As many have said, this will take some practice. Which each attempt, I was able to learn something about the process. I was very excited on one occasion when I knew with 100% certainty (at least in my mind I was 100% certain and it turned out to be correct) the suit of the card. I definitely can see where with practice this will be extremely powerful---especially when I do not want to use a force.

Many people talk about being bold and taking chances to the point that it is almost cliche. However, the point is that when you can master an effect like COG that requires you to take a chance, the pay off is much greater. The reason is that there is no way the spectator can explain away what you did since it all happens in the mind. They can not claim sleight of hand, confederates, electronics, etc.

Again, I highly recommend people serious about this art purchase this before it is too late.

Greg Berman

I will have to agree with Greg. This with some trial and error could be very strong. As Greg states- no one can claim that you used anything do divine the card except mind reading. As I stated- this will take working through but the reward will by far exceed what it takes you to master this. I am not a big fan of electronics, confederates etc.. when it comes to mentalism. If you feel this way- buy this. Well worth it!

RNK
Gorecki
View Profile
Loyal user
My servante is currently filled with
267 Posts

Profile of Gorecki
Any language restrictions here?
Ben Seward
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Ben Seward
@Gorecki so long as you can read and understand the book, theres no reason why all of the material cant be adapted to any language. Several people who perform in other languages have got back to me saying that they havent had any issues with language
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1225 Posts

Profile of magicman29
One question to ask before I purchase this.... When you have this mastered will it hit with every person you try it on?
Even awkward people?

Kieran
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cog - Real mind reading? (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL