The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cog - Real mind reading? (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
Sasasaam
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Sasasaam
Can anyone speak to retention? This is a bit of a weird question, I know:

Is this a knack thing that once you get it you have it? Or is it something people have found you can stop being proficient at if you don't keep using it?

Aka - is it like riding a bike? Or is it "use it or lose it?"

Thanks!

(Ps I know people may not be able to answer this but personal experience is helpful. It's just I'm going to head off to college soon and one of the pieces of advice I keep getting is hold off on magic first semester of college)
Sasasaam
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Sasasaam
I should mention I already bought the book, and I'm waiting to receive it.
Pfauntschi
View Profile
Regular user
Munich/Germany
153 Posts

Profile of Pfauntschi
I think that this is one of the most interesting techniques in mentalism... the book is awesome...
Ben did an excellent job on it... but I hate the fact that it is now available for everybody! The value of this technique is also more than 40$!
I really don't know what to say now... I really hope that you, ben, will have success with it! But I think it is too good for an ellusionist product (:
Jeff Wassom
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Jeff Wassom
Great to see the performance by Pete!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2014-01-16 10:54, Jeff Wassom wrote:
Great to see the performance by Pete!

+2

I Love COG.....
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Jeff Wassom
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Jeff Wassom
Lots of scripting gems in there from Peter.

Making playing cards emotionally relevant by saying 'I don't want to reveal anything too personal, so we'll use a playing card' was brilliant. lol

Gonna go back through video with a note pad ASAP.
Joaquin
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of Joaquin
I am dissapointed that Ellusionist is going to be selling this. A bunch of kids are going to be showing how it is done in youtube.
Pfauntschi
View Profile
Regular user
Munich/Germany
153 Posts

Profile of Pfauntschi
Quote:
On 2014-01-16 15:48, Joaquin wrote:
I am dissapointed that Ellusionist is going to be selling this. A bunch of kids are going to be showing how it is done in youtube.

I second that...
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Quote:
On 2013-09-26 08:11, Ben Seward wrote:

There will only be 250 printed copies.

I guess he missed the word, 'ever'.
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1355 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Quote:
On 2014-01-14 10:51, Jeff Wassom wrote:
I would gladly place an order of a Peter Turner/Ben Seward work. There is also a pretty awesome psy force by Fraser Parker in this book. Hopefully even though this is being distributed by Ellusionist, the release will still be limited so I can keep this to my greedy self. ;o)

This is solely Ben's work. He's the man behind this great idea Smile

I just agreed to film a quick clip in this thread and made good on it.

Pete x
Jeff Wassom
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Jeff Wassom
Quote:
I have several different variations other than them in print (which I have discussed with Ben) Having used these techniques for years and having LOTS of unpublished material on this stuff (which several people including Ben have received). Who knows there might be a mix of minds in the future for a future collaboration!

Pete x

Pete was referring to this. Didn't mean the to take anything away from Ben. One of the best purchases I made this year.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Can't wait to receive mine! I really love these bold little methods! This reminds me of Springboard by Michael Murray and White Room by Ran Pink.
Imagine incorporating either one with COG :O
So they are merely thinking of a card, and basically changing their mind, so the COG method is 10000000 % invisible now!
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Or even with Getting to know you by Peter Turner!
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Quote:
On 2014-01-16 18:13, Sashac wrote:
Or even with Getting to know you by Peter Turner!

yep, good idea!
dkahane
View Profile
New user
Virginia, USA
5 Posts

Profile of dkahane
The good news: Cog is available in the USA from Ellusionist.

The bad news: Purchasers of the Ellusionist edition will *not* be admitted to the closed Facebook group.
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
1261 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Worse news. Ellusionist is sold out.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Received mine a few days back from Ben.
The book is tiny in size, trust me, you will be shocked, it's like a long pocket edition.
About 50 pages.
Writing is very good, clear and concise, no BS.
A few mistakes in there, but nothing major and you probably won't even notice them.
Method is simple and straightforward, but it's one of those things that you get good at after failure. You WILL fail.
First few pages are scary as he explains another method that is not as good, and I initially thought that was it.
The video Pete did is not exactly how it is explained in COG, it's a little bolder (suitwise and not being able to change the prediction).
I give this a solid 8.9/10, just because it's not for everyone, and I'm annoyed that E re-released this.
magiclarsen
View Profile
New user
Orlando
29 Posts

Profile of magiclarsen
Dkahane, is that info coming directly from ben?
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Having recently purchased this, I encourage everyone to PERFORM this on real people. The only way to get good at this is through practice...there is an inherent failure rate embedded into this, but you will get better with time.

Regards,
Mike
dkahane
View Profile
New user
Virginia, USA
5 Posts

Profile of dkahane
Quote:
On 2014-01-20 12:42, magiclarsen wrote:
Dkahane, is that info coming directly from ben?

Magiclarsen -

Yesl directly from Ben.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cog - Real mind reading? (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL