We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cog - Real mind reading? (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9~10~11 [Next]
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1226 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Will this work in irish?

Kieran
Ben Seward
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Ben Seward
@magicman if you have genuinely learnt the effect and all of the ideas in the book then its very very unusual to have a spectator that it wont work on. If it doesn't its normally due to performer error, or the spectator being to drunk and not listening.
Gorecki
View Profile
Loyal user
My servante is currently filled with
267 Posts

Profile of Gorecki
Alright, I just placed my order.
(What's the expected delivery date? I couldn't find the info on the site.)

I'll enjoy it anyway, but is it possible to repeat the effect with the same spectator, or will he "catch on" upon subsequent performances?
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1226 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Thanks for the reply Ben!

Kieran
Ben Seward
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Ben Seward
@kieran any time mate Smile
@gorecki its very easy to use a small time delay in-between when you get the information and the reveal it. if that's done correctly then yes theres no reason why it cant be repeated as many times as you like.
northernwarrior
View Profile
Regular user
Croatia
101 Posts

Profile of northernwarrior
This book is awesome, and so are the methods in it. Methods will require some practice, but it's very worthwhile because this allows for very clean mind read without anything written down or forced, and methods in here are not limited only to playing cards reveals. Once you get them down you can use them for pretty much anything. Thanks for this awesome book Ben. Looking forward to seeing more from you.

all the best,
Marko
Gorecki
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of Gorecki
Thanks for the answers, Ben.
But you missed one of my questions, so I'll repeat here. Smile

What is the expected delivery date for the book?
(Can't find the info on your site.)
Ben Seward
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Ben Seward
Sorry I missed your question @Gorecki the Standard postal time to america is normally 5 days to a week singapore is as much a 2 weeks everywhere else should be faster. I'm incredibly busy for the next few weeks, ill try to post orders as often as I can but I don't think I will have a chance until next monday or tuesday. Im really sorry to keep people waiting but that's the price I have to pay for running all of this by myself while ive got so much on.
Art Vanderlay
View Profile
Special user
All I Read Was Corinda And Now I Have
642 Posts

Profile of Art Vanderlay
My order is in, looking forward to seeing this book.

Do I get a free bag on Monster Munch with it for being suave & British? Smile

Cheers
Art
THE MAN WHO CONTROLS THE ELEMENTS!
Harry the magic man
View Profile
Loyal user
Spokane, Washington
270 Posts

Profile of Harry the magic man
This sounds awesome.
Between the conception
And the creation
Between the emotion
And the response
Falls the Shadow
Life is very long- T.S. Eliot "The Hollow Men"
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1312 Posts

Profile of bond19
Is this more of an intimate close-up piece or could it be used during, say a wedding whilst performing and mingling. I know its essential to have different effects for different situations. Just want to know which this is most suited to??
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4945 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2013-10-01 11:50, bond19 wrote:
Is this more of an intimate close-up piece or could it be used during, say a wedding whilst performing and mingling. I know its essential to have different effects for different situations. Just want to know which this is most suited to??

I think could be used in any situation- close up, parlor or stage!

RNK
Gorecki
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of Gorecki
@Ben Oh, ok: I thought the book hadn't been printed yet. Hence my question about delivery delays. If it's just the actual shipping, I have a rough idea of how long it should take. Smile
Thanks!
Ben Seward
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Ben Seward
@bond19 just to confirm what @RNK has said: Im yet to come across a situation COG cant be used effectively in. As I think I said above the only real limiting factors are performer error, drunk spectators, or spectators that cant hear whats being said. So if you work clubs or very loud weddings/events then it will be a bit harder to perform but if you understand everything in the book and had the practice then it should still play extremely well.

@Gorecki once you've received the email saying that COG has been dispatched it should be within the time frames in my previous post.
Alwow
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
548 Posts

Profile of Alwow
I'm curious to what the thoughts are of this in comparison to Rus Andrews's Spoken which wasn't that well received? I love the "Think a Card" plot and am on the fence already in making the leap given the additional international expense. I'm curious if the "work" referred to by several is regarding... hmm external work (like AKA and Spoken) or internal (like Isabella Star) by the performer?

Also Ben, if I do make the leap on Friday will I have missed the boat already? (Payday is Friday for me)
"Everything I show you is the truth... And the truth is the loveliest of lies"
Ben Seward
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Ben Seward
@alwow as I'm unfamiliar with Rus Andrews's Spoken I can't comment (perhaps someone who has purchased the book can help you out?), but if I understand you question correctly, the work which people are referring to is simply practicing the techniques in the book, they have a knack to them that takes some time to achieve (like any card or coin sleight). Of the two I would say it is more towards Isabella star (internal performer work) than Spoken, but as I said I have not read Spoken so I'm unsure. if that doesn't really answer your question then I think I am miss understanding what you are asking.
I don't think you will have missed the boat by waiting until friday.
Hope that answered your questions
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1627 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Ok so after hitting the buy now button on my PayPal I wait a few days. On Tuesday a small package drops through the door and I'm thinking surely this can't be it.

I tear open the package to find a small but very attractive looking book. Putting temptation to one side I drop it by my bedside for later viewing.

Having had an inkling as to the core method of this I was keen to read how this would be employed within the context of the routine.

I'm happy to report that the saying is true "great things do come in small packages". This book is well laid out and nicely written.

Ben does a great job at explaining the methodology which makes this work and each part fits together well.

Although I have used techniques like this in the past I'm very keen to adopt Bens thinking and will report back on how this plays.

I also like that Ben goes in depth on how to handle things should you fail to pull this off. This sets the reader at ease and will allow you to try the techniques risk free whilst you are learn the ropes.

What I like most about this is the versatility of the techniques at play. Although a coin routine is suggested there are countless applications for the tool you learn and I believe that is where the true value is.

I already have some applications in mind for use with some of my own principles too.

I'm happy with my purchase and am pleased to say I recommend it! Smile

Oh and Ben the discovery of my name at the back of the book was a very pleasant surprise too!
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
davec737
View Profile
New user
Manchester UK
6 Posts

Profile of davec737
I received my copy of Cog a couple of days ago and am very impressed. It will take practice before being fully comfortable with it but once proficient in the method, the think a card plot is just a small part of what could be accomplished. Thanks Ben!
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
I have continued working on this and my hit rate has climbed and my misses are still impressive (i.e. 4 of clubs and I predict 4 of spades, etc) For me the key is spectator control---and with each performance, I have improved it.
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
912 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
I placed my order and I am excited about what Ben has to offer about this plot.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cog - Real mind reading? (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL