The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Is it really possible to entertain a family audience? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

Profile of The Great Zucchini
Public shows I charge more
pbj100
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of pbj100
Ha I new that was comming
The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

Well its true. Most people would charge more for public shows, where hundreds show up. the great zucchini.com
The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

U have 95 fans on Facebook. I have 1400.
writer25
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of writer25
I suppose I am a sensitive soul but this argument is getting too personal and hurtful for my tender sensibilities. By all means criticise the act which is fair game but talking about the gambling, the drink and the skin disorder (which I can't see anyway) is getting a little below the belt I think.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Quote:
On 2013-09-30 16:58, The Great Zucchini wrote:
You underestimate our field if you really think you can do 575 shows a year and be horrible.

...and, with that one statement, GZ, you have shown us all the real amateur you are. Those who know what I mean, will know. Yes, it's possible to be a professional entertainer, but still to be an amateur.

Thank you, Zuke, you've totally endorsed every word I've written. Time for you to take your life seriously. Whatever "zone" you're in, you need a serious reality check. I think you might be on a downward spiral. I have people who can help you. Trust me, you need help, and even though you think I'm attacking you, I'm not - but understanding yourself would be a good thing.

I feel a little sad, because on the one hand, we have this guy who claims to be the best thing since sliced bread, for kids' entertainers. And yet, his video clips show him to be unable to do the job effectively. He can just about manage to keep kids engaged for 6 minutes, though really, it's a major struggle, as the props run out, and he just plays some music.

It's almost beyond belief. Where is the skill? What talent? What connection with the kids - which has to "be seen to be believed"....no evidence of this whatsoever.

No, Zuke is, quite, clearly, a fraud. I know it. How long, before other magicians, and the general public, realise it too?

Is GZ the biggest joke in kids' entertainment? Well, chappie, you set yourself up, so you have to prove yourself, or prepare for a major downfall. You're a gambler, and you've gambled that your bu**sh*t will take you far. And, it has. But do you really believe it will get you to the top of the game? I can honestly say, that you might just pull it off. If you do, I will be standing there applauding.

Zuke, you're a great b*ll*hi**er, but you're not such a great performer.

But, you're OK, I like you. You remind me of many of my friends. Happy days!

Doug
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-09-30 18:00, The Great Zucchini wrote:
U have 95 fans on Facebook. I have 1400.

... So you need FB to generate business? I couldn't care less about it. The more you say, the less you convince me.
The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

Lol. Wow, you have so much to learn. I have never booked one show from Facebook. I don't use it for that. Everyone knows me. I use it to let people know about public shows. I use it to converse and 'humanize myself. You need my help
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-09-30 18:04, writer25 wrote:
I suppose I am a sensitive soul but this argument is getting too personal and hurtful for my tender sensibilities. By all means criticise the act which is fair game but talking about the gambling, the drink and the skin disorder (which I can't see anyway) is getting a little below the belt I think.

I have merely pointed out that GZ appears to have advanced rosacea, and if it's not down to alcoholism, he needs to address it. Of course, if he's a heavy drinker, and stays up all night posting badly-written, drunken rants, then it's probably something he has to live with.

On the other hand, if it was just a case of sitting in the sun too long that day, he should re-film the clip (which was dire, anyway).

It's not about "below the belt" or otherwise....my comments are quite serious, and absolutely make sense. Do you think that modern parents would consider a chronic alcoholic an appropriate choice for their kids' entertainer? Of course, I'm not saying that GZ is a chronic alcoholic, but he DEFINITELY looks like one. And, I'm saying, sort it out. The filthy, unwashed clothes, I think, folks will just about accept, but a hung-over look, Chinese eyes, red nose, slurred speech - the guy looks like a drunken tramp who just walked in off the streets. To me. I am more than willing to accept that some of you might think he's the genius he claims to be.#

Come on, where is the enlightenment? Show me the true genius that is the Great Zucchini! Or, is it all just a facade?
The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

You keep asking about proof-many entertainers have come on saying that they've been to my shows, and everyone vouched performance. Ironically enough, you haven't had one person, not 1, vouch for you. Charlie, Noland, Gary, Al, Ray XU, have posted about me. Where is your proof? Mine is more than one national story. Give me one story in national paper. I'm in countless mommy blogs on net-my proof is in the skies. Where is your proof. Your jealous and green with envy.
The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

Oh well. I didn't say the genius part. A national magazine did and obviously I've branded my look and everything else. I'm in a very elite part of the country, in the biggest houses, you can imagine. Potty, like I said, others have called me genius and most geniuses have a dark side-gambling being mine. Ha. I guess that's why Hollywood called. Google Ryan Reynolds Fx
Tell me what you read. Hint, its about me
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-09-30 18:09, The Great Zucchini wrote:
Lol. Wow, you have so much to learn. I have never booked one show from Facebook. I don't use it for that. Everyone knows me. I use it to let people know about public shows. I use it to converse and 'humanize myself. You need my help

So, why did you quote your FB figures? Like it makes any difference. If FB was part of my business strategy, I'd have over 100,000 "likes". But it doesn't matter, because I'm already struggling to cope with all the enquiries I already get.

It's funny that throughout all this discussion, GZ cannot provide a scrap of evidence to support his claims. You do make me laugh, GZ. But, not in a good way. Sorry about that.

You seriously need to think about your skills, but you won't. I can tell you now, that's a death sentence to your business. But also, I know that you're really trying to pick up every little tip and trick you can from the members here, because you haven't got a bloody clue what you're doing. Why else would you be here?

It's not like you share anything at all, you just brag about how fantastic you are. I am happy to admit that I've learned a great deal from others at the MC. Are you really unable to humble yourself, accept that you're very inexperienced, and have an enormous amount to learn?

You are like a child, unable to accept that they don't know it all.
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1667 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
This really is all jolly exciting!!! Smile JR
The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

I'm actually very humble to people that know me. You've come after and I went back at ya. People have come to town to meet me. OK, Google these words, Washington's #1 children's entertainer. Tell me if I come up. The proof is what others have said after watching me. I'm going to be honest with you. I've had fun with this today, but no one believes you got 150 emails today. I don't take you seriously. I'm way more of a name than you are and it baffles you. You try to get personal with me, but I take a fun pride in the fact that parents have invited me to gamble with them
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1354 Posts

Profile of danfreed
If you guys want to learn from comic geniuses, why not also study the greats, like Laurel & Hardy or ______fill in the blank. Whoever YOU think has brilliant comic skills. Why not discuss performers who we think are amazing and why - people who are famous so we all mostly familiar with them. Trashing each other in such a direct way is not in the spirit of this forum, who is it helping? The discussion is entertaining though, but similar to watching a train wreck.
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1354 Posts

Profile of danfreed
If you guys want to learn from comic geniuses, why not also study the greats, like Laurel & Hardy or ______fill in the blank. Whoever YOU think has brilliant comic skills. Why not discuss performers who we think are amazing and why - people who are famous so we all mostly familiar with them. Trashing each other in such a direct way is not in the spirit of this forum, who is it helping? The discussion is entertaining though, but similar to watching a train wreck.
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1354 Posts

Profile of danfreed
writer25
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of writer25
Eric. You really must study Roger's methods of reacting to criticism. He never gets agitated-he just laughs at the critic and doesn't take the blindest bit of notice. And he never takes offence at the critic either. He puts a white light of love around them and they give up immediately. He continues to do everything wrong and it doesn't make the blindest bit of difference. I have heard countless magicians tell me that Roger is an atrocious performer (usually British magicians for some reason) but that doesn't stop him entertaining kids who love him regardless. And he has been doing this consistently for decades. He must be doing something right even if it isn't the Bongo Hat! The secret is to develop a thick skin and Roger is a master of this. It would be well worth studying him.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-09-30 18:38, The Great Zucchini wrote:
I'm actually very humble to people that know me. You've come after and I went back at ya. People have come to town to meet me. OK, Google these words, Washington's #1 children's entertainer. Tell me if I come up. The proof is what others have said after watching me. I'm going to be honest with you. I've had fun with this today, but no one believes you got 150 emails today. I don't take you seriously. I'm way more of a name than you are and it baffles you. You try to get personal with me, but I take a fun pride in the fact that parents have invited me to gamble with them

That requires no response whatsoever, right? GZ, I'm simply looking at your video clips, and they aren't good. But even though the clips I've seen are dire, I'm eager to see the definitive clip, which shows you actually interacting with the kids in a professional manner.

You might like to disparage me, but you don't get the reactions, or interact with kids like I do. You claim to be "humble", but I don't see it. You have such a long way to go, but you're fixated on your own perceived genius.

Enough already, tell me why you ran through all those props in the way you did. Is there any kind of rationale to your performance? It certainly appears to be a string of unconnected, poorly-thought-out attempts at routines. Explain to me the logic of that performance...because I consider it to be absolutely the most basic, rank amateur performance, I've ever seen.

Again, I would be most happy of you can convince me that you speak the truth. That should be simple, right?

;)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Is it really possible to entertain a family audience? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL