We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Report on Global Warming » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (153 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..29..55..81..107..133~134~135~136~137..155..172..189..206..223..224~225~226 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20662 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Sep 18, 2016, rockwall wrote:
"Big questions that will require a large amount of global cooperation. "

When the worlds population lists "Global Climate Change" as the last thing in a long list of things they're worried about, good luck with that.


People do seem to have more pressing concerns.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5526 Posts

Profile of RNK
Even the government does not think this is a catastrophic world ending problem. If they did "SOMETHING" would have been done by now. Obviously even the government doesn't think this is catastrophic as ALL the climate believers crazy predictions that have not come true.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
They have done something; for example they have given £billions of our hard earned money to the climate hysterics to spend on climate hysteric propaganda to scare everybody to get more money off us.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Sarkozy comes out of the closet as a climate skeptic

http://www.thelocal.fr/20160915/sarkozy-......he-elyse
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2016, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2016, Dannydoyle wrote:
I ask you what minimum evidence you need to change your position?


I can't answer for danaruns, but for me it would take a change in the expert consensus. I cannot evaluate the evidence myself, so I have no rational choice other than to believe the community of climate scientists. I have no guarantee that they are right, but it's the best evidence on offer.


In other words, Magnus would continue to believe the scientists even if all measured data proved them to be wrong. I guess some people have to believe in 'experts' over what their lyin eyes show them to be true. You would think that someone who could think for themselves would have to admit that if everything the 'experts' predicted would happen didn't happen, that that would cause them to change their position.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20662 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
A lack of correct doomsday predictions does give a hit to credibility of future doomsday predictions.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
It is truly an astounding admission.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2016, rockwall wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2016, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2016, Dannydoyle wrote:
I ask you what minimum evidence you need to change your position?


I can't answer for danaruns, but for me it would take a change in the expert consensus. I cannot evaluate the evidence myself, so I have no rational choice other than to believe the community of climate scientists. I have no guarantee that they are right, but it's the best evidence on offer.


In other words, Magnus would continue to believe the scientists even if all measured data proved them to be wrong. I guess some people have to believe in 'experts' over what their lyin eyes show them to be true. You would think that someone who could think for themselves would have to admit that if everything the 'experts' predicted would happen didn't happen, that that would cause them to change their position.


Do you think before you post?

If all the measured data proved the experts wrong, they would change their minds. That's what makes them experts: they understand the relevance of the data.

Or are you seriously suggesting that the experts are all in cahoots to deny the truth?
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
Oh yes we are all quite certain that they would have all change their minds if for example there had been a hiatus of significant global warming for the past couple decades.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
It must be wonderful to have such faith in authority. That way you never have to think for yourself.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2016, rockwall wrote:
It must be wonderful to have such faith in authority. That way you never have to think for yourself.


It must be debilitating to have such an enormous ego and nothing to back it up.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20662 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Amazing how fast it becomes name calling by the enlightened ones. Then shock and surprise when nobody wants to hear what they have to say.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Name calling is all you've got when your only argument is, "I cannot evaluate the evidence myself, so I just believe whatever I'm told".
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Rockwall, I'm replying to your asinine comment: "It must be wonderful to have such faith in authority. That way you never have to think for yourself."

The fact is that I don't understand the details of climate science. For me to admit this is not weakness, as you suggest. It's an honest appraisal of reality.

You, on the other hand, are claiming that you "think for yourself" and are somehow superior.

Tell the truth, rockwall: have you ever solved a differential equation? Do you understand the statistical models of the IPCC? Do you understand ANYTHING in the models in the IPCC report?

If, as I suspect, the answer is "no" to these questions, how in the world can you claim to understand enough to criticize me for deferring to genuine experts?

You're a bigmouth and a cheap-shot artist rockwall. You are a know-nothing. Yet you aggressively pretend that you are superior to your betters.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
Reasonable (adj.) Look up reasonable at Dictionary.com
c. 1300, "having sound judgment, sane, rational," from Old French raisonable, from Latin rationabilis, from ratio (see reason (n.)).

`What the majority of people consider to be 'reasonable' is that about which there is agreement, if not among all, at least among a substantial number of people; 'reasonable' for most people, has nothing to do with reason, but with consensus. [Erich Fromm, "The Heart of Man," 1968]

Meaning "moderate in price" is recorded from 1660s. Related: Reasonably.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5526 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2016, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Rockwall, I'm replying to your asinine comment: "It must be wonderful to have such faith in authority. That way you never have to think for yourself."

The fact is that I don't understand the details of climate science. For me to admit this is not weakness, as you suggest. It's an honest appraisal of reality.

You, on the other hand, are claiming that you "think for yourself" and are somehow superior.

Tell the truth, rockwall: have you ever solved a differential equation? Do you understand the statistical models of the IPCC? Do you understand ANYTHING in the models in the IPCC report?

If, as I suspect, the answer is "no" to these questions, how in the world can you claim to understand enough to criticize me for deferring to genuine experts?

You're a bigmouth and a cheap-shot artist rockwall. You are a know-nothing. Yet you aggressively pretend that you are superior to your betters.


And even more name calling comes out! Wow. Obviously Magnus you do not understand and do not want to see "the whole picture". None of the left does. Then ensues the name calling. To funny!
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
I guess I don't understand the whole picture. I believe that geologists are the best judges of geology. That entomologists know the most about insects. That surgeons know more about surgery than some blogger on the internet. That climate scientists are the most expert analysts of climate data.

Clearly I am wrong. I need to read more right-wing, Christian Kock-funded blogs to truly understand the world.

How could I have been so foolish as to believe that climate scientists know more about climate than rockwall and RNK.

Finished and out.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5526 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2016, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
I guess I don't understand the whole picture. I believe that geologists are the best judges of geology. That entomologists know the most about insects. That surgeons know more about surgery than some blogger on the internet. That climate scientists are the most expert analysts of climate data.

Clearly I am wrong. I need to read more right-wing, Christian Kock-funded blogs to truly understand the world.

How could I have been so foolish as to believe that climate scientists know more about climate than rockwall and RNK.

Finished and out.


Now you are finally getting it! Finished and out just like the whole scam of global warming that is fading as fast as you name call people here!
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
What Magnus fails to acknowledge is that you don't need to "solve a differential equation, understand the statistical models of the IPCC, understand the models in the IPCC report", to question the claims that have been made. You can evaluate the actual data of what has happened vs what has been predicted without doing that. That is what many SCIENTISTS have also done and is why many SCIENTISTS also question the orthodoxy. That is why I have quoted many SCIENTISTS here on this topic. I am able to compare the claims of the AGW high priests with those of OTHER scientists who disagree and see whose claims hold up more to reality. In other words, I am able to think for myself. If Magnus wants to find a big mouth and cheap shot artist, he should look in the mirror.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20662 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2016, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
I guess I don't understand the whole picture. I believe that geologists are the best judges of geology. That entomologists know the most about insects. That surgeons know more about surgery than some blogger on the internet. That climate scientists are the most expert analysts of climate data.

Clearly I am wrong. I need to read more right-wing, Christian Kock-funded blogs to truly understand the world.

How could I have been so foolish as to believe that climate scientists know more about climate than rockwall and RNK.

Finished and out.


Not the most persuasive argument I have seen.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Report on Global Warming » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (153 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..29..55..81..107..133~134~135~136~137..155..172..189..206..223..224~225~226 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL