We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Report on Global Warming » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (153 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..39..75..111..147..181~182~183~184~185..194..202..210..218..224~225~226 [Next]
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2017, Dannydoyle wrote:
What is the context for the quote?


Quoting the article that rockwall linked to.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2017, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2017, rockwall wrote:
Http://www.nationalreview.com/article/45......optimist

"“I’ve written about many controversial issues during my career,” Ridley said. “Never, have I ever experienced anything like what happens when you write about climate, which is a systematic and organized attempt to blacken your name rather than your arguments, and to try to pressure any outlet that publishes me into not publishing me any more.” "


Do you agree with Ridley about this as well?

Quote:
Ridley acknowledges that the greenhouse-gas effect is real and humans have caused most of the warming over the past 50 years


I agree that Ridley acknowledges that.

But that's not the important point of the article. The important point is that if you dare to question any of the fear mongering you will be nailed to the cross by the true believers.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
The context is indoctrination, which works thus: You cannot agree with some things and not other things on the agenda, you must agree with all things on the list. That is why the climate hysterics all agree with each other on everything. Anybody that does not conform and breaks that golden rule like Ridley did is attacked by the group. Do you follow?

You must toe the party line comrade or else. You see?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2017, rockwall wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2017, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2017, rockwall wrote:
Http://www.nationalreview.com/article/45......optimist

"“I’ve written about many controversial issues during my career,” Ridley said. “Never, have I ever experienced anything like what happens when you write about climate, which is a systematic and organized attempt to blacken your name rather than your arguments, and to try to pressure any outlet that publishes me into not publishing me any more.” "


Do you agree with Ridley about this as well?

Quote:
Ridley acknowledges that the greenhouse-gas effect is real and humans have caused most of the warming over the past 50 years


I agree that Ridley acknowledges that.

But that's not the important point of the article. The important point is that if you dare to question any of the fear mongering you will be nailed to the cross by the true believers.


So he says. Of course, Ridley is not an expert in climate science (he has a PhD in biology). He has done no research in the field. And he makes the claim that AGW is real, but it's a great thing. Perhaps it's his lack of evidence that's the problem.

Poor guy.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
My dear indoctrinated poor boy, who on Earth do you think has any evidence of the future and can we see it, please?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2017, tommy wrote:
My dear indoctrinated poor boy, who on Earth do you think has any evidence of the future and can we see it, please?


Try reading the IPCC report on the first page of this thread.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
Try claiming time travel expenses.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Ok Tommy. You are troll. We get it.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2017, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
[...

So he says. Of course, Ridley is not an expert in climate science (he has a PhD in biology). He has done no research in the field. And he makes the claim that AGW is real, but it's a great thing. Perhaps it's his lack of evidence that's the problem.

Poor guy.


So, you approve of the witch hunts.

You know, it's kind of funny. For a guy who insists that we should only listen to the experts, you seem to have a lot to say.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
Actually, the indoctrinated people do not get anything because they are indoctrinated by experts to give over their reasoning to the experts. Thus it is that they say things such as I will change my opinion when the experts change their option. They really believe the experts are there to do their thinking for them. Now they evidently believe their experts are so powerful that they can have evidence of the future, despite the fact that the future does not yet exist.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2017, rockwall wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2017, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
[...

So he says. Of course, Ridley is not an expert in climate science (he has a PhD in biology). He has done no research in the field. And he makes the claim that AGW is real, but it's a great thing. Perhaps it's his lack of evidence that's the problem.

Poor guy.


So, you approve of the witch hunts.

You know, it's kind of funny. For a guy who insists that we should only listen to the experts, you seem to have a lot to say.


We haven't established that there are any witch hunts. You pop up an article where you say you disagree with one premise of the man, but buy every inch of what else he says.

Rockwall, you're a troll and we both know it.

You haven't read a word of the IPCC report. Every time you get shown to be a fool, you lay low for a few days, and bring out another unsubstantiated blog or news item.

Honestly, you bring nothing to the discussion other than trolling.

So, unless you want to actually talk about the content of the IPCC report (i.e. read it and say something substantial about its content), you continue to be a waste of time.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2017, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Ok Tommy. You are troll. We get it.


Quote:
On Oct 1, 2017, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
...
Rockwall, you're a troll and we both know it.
...



Quote:
On Oct 23, 2013, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
...
2. I agree completely, Glen. Name-calling is on the rise here and it adds nothing to any discussion.
...
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20659 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Except when it does.

Same with attacking the person and not the statement double standard.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
If you took away "attacking the person and not the statement", climate alarmists wouldn't have anything to say. That's why their first round of attack is ALWAYS, "he's not an approved scientist, he's paid by big oil", etc. etc.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Http://www.iieta.org/sites/default/files......1_03.pdf

" By removing the ENSO signature, the authors show that the temperature trend from 2000 to 2016
clearly diverges from the general circulation model (GCM) simulations. Thus, the GCMs models used to
support the AGWT are very likely flawed. By contrast, the semi-empirical climate models proposed in 2011
and 2013 by Scafetta, which are based on a specific set of natural climatic oscillations believed to be
astronomically induced plus a significantly reduced anthropogenic contribution, agree far better with the latest
observations."

Or, in other words, the climate models used by the alarmists are wrong.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17681 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2017, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2017, rockwall wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2017, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
[...

So he says. Of course, Ridley is not an expert in climate science (he has a PhD in biology). He has done no research in the field. And he makes the claim that AGW is real, but it's a great thing. Perhaps it's his lack of evidence that's the problem.

Poor guy.


So, you approve of the witch hunts.

You know, it's kind of funny. For a guy who insists that we should only listen to the experts, you seem to have a lot to say.


We haven't established that there are any witch hunts. You pop up an article where you say you disagree with one premise of the man, but buy every inch of what else he says.

Rockwall, you're a troll and we both know it.

You haven't read a word of the IPCC report. Every time you get shown to be a fool, you lay low for a few days, and bring out another unsubstantiated blog or news item.

Honestly, you bring nothing to the discussion other than trolling.

So, unless you want to actually talk about the content of the IPCC report (i.e. read it and say something substantial about its content), you continue to be a waste of time.


You need to knock off the name calling....Every time someone disagrees with you they become a TROLL.... It's getting old .. Rockwell is NOT a TROLL!!!!!! Smile Smile Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On Oct 12, 2017, Slim King wrote:
...

You need to knock off the name calling....Every time someone disagrees with you they become a TROLL.... It's getting old .. Rockwell is NOT a TROLL!!!!!! Smile Smile Smile


And neither is Rockwall! Smile

(Thanks Slim)
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
Now that John’s super experts can get evidence from the future, then will the things we magicians do be magic anymore?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Image
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Report on Global Warming » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (153 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..39..75..111..147..181~182~183~184~185..194..202..210..218..224~225~226 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL