We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Report on Global Warming » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (153 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..19..35..51..67..82~83~84~85~86..114..141..168..195..222..224~225~226 [Next]
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
Come on Slim, we can all trust NASA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYRCqy_2-_8
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17687 Posts

Profile of Slim King
My niece works for NASA. She took the core samples on the poles each year for several years. After I saw the way they twisted her reports I knew they were just in it for the money, power or however they profit from this ..(Job security?)
http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/20......ltdowns/

She gives the exact year (1889) that this has happened before almost 150 years ago and THEY put up a headline that says UNPRECEDENTED!!!!

Here is what she reported....

"Ice cores from Summit show that melting events of this type occur about once every 150 years on average. With the last one happening in 1889, this event is right on time," says Lora Koenig, a Goddard glaciologist and a member of the research team analyzing the satellite data. "But if we continue to observe melting events like this in upcoming years, it will be worrisome."

Here is there NASA article .. The word UNPRECEDENTED is bogus, misleading and untrue.
http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/feature......elt.html

There have been 7 such events in the past that we have recorded.

I love my Niece and she is very talented, brilliant and dedicated.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
Trusting our authorities is what science is all about! What on earth is the matter with you Slim, didn’t you go to school?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27166 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The authority of empirical evidence elicited from sceptical interest about notions which may prove useful.

Then again some test equipment at work is clearly labeled fluke.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Jan 1, 2016, Slim King wrote:
My niece works for NASA. She took the core samples on the poles each year for several years. After I saw the way they twisted her reports I knew they were just in it for the money, power or however they profit from this ..(Job security?)
http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/20......ltdowns/

She gives the exact year (1889) that this has happened before almost 150 years ago and THEY put up a headline that says UNPRECEDENTED!!!!

Here is what she reported....

"Ice cores from Summit show that melting events of this type occur about once every 150 years on average. With the last one happening in 1889, this event is right on time," says Lora Koenig, a Goddard glaciologist and a member of the research team analyzing the satellite data. "But if we continue to observe melting events like this in upcoming years, it will be worrisome."

Here is there NASA article .. The word UNPRECEDENTED is bogus, misleading and untrue.
http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/feature......elt.html

There have been 7 such events in the past that we have recorded.

I love my Niece and she is very talented, brilliant and dedicated.

Recycling again, Slim. We've dealt with this before. What she writes and what you claim it means are pretty much opposite.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20662 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Petty much?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3549 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

The Earth's climate has changed throughout history. Just in the last 650,000 years there have been seven cycles of glacial advance and retreat, with the abrupt end of the last ice age about 7,000 years ago marking the beginning of the modern climate era — and of human civilization. Most of these climate changes are attributed to very small variations in Earth’s orbit that change the amount of solar energy our planet receives.

The current warming trend is of particular significance because most of it is very likely human-induced and proceeding at a rate that is unprecedented in the past 1,300 years.1

Earth-orbiting satellites and other technological advances have enabled scientists to see the big picture, collecting many different types of information about our planet and its climate on a global scale. This body of data, collected over many years, reveals the signals of a changing climate.

The heat-trapping nature of carbon dioxide and other gases was demonstrated in the mid-19th century. Their ability to affect the transfer of infrared energy through the atmosphere is the scientific basis of many instruments flown by NASA. There is no question that increased levels of greenhouse gases must cause the Earth to warm in response.

Ice cores drawn from Greenland, Antarctica, and tropical mountain glaciers show that the Earth’s climate responds to changes in greenhouse gas levels. They also show that in the past, large changes in climate have happened very quickly, geologically-speaking: in tens of years, not in millions or even thousands.

Shrinking ice sheets
The Greenland and Antarctic ice sheets have decreased in mass. Data from NASA's Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment show Greenland lost 150 to 250 cubic kilometers (36 to 60 cubic miles) of ice per year between 2002 and 2006, while Antarctica lost about 152 cubic kilometers (36 cubic miles) of ice between 2002 and 2005.

Declining Arctic sea ice
Both the extent and thickness of Arctic sea ice has declined rapidly over the last several decades.

Glacial retreat
Glaciers are retreating almost everywhere around the world — including in the Alps, Himalayas, Andes, Rockies, Alaska and Africa.

Extreme events
The number of record high temperature events in the United States has been increasing, while the number of record low temperature events has been decreasing, since 1950. The U.S. has also witnessed increasing numbers of intense rainfall events.

Ocean acidification
Since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution, the acidity of surface ocean waters has increased by about 30 percent. This increase is the result of humans emitting more carbon dioxide into the atmosphere and hence more being absorbed into the oceans. The amount of carbon dioxide absorbed by the upper layer of the oceans is increasing by about 2 billion tons per year.

Decreased snow cover
Satellite observations reveal that the amount of spring snow cover in the Northern Hemisphere has decreased over the past five decades and that the snow is melting earlier.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1224 Posts

Profile of imgic
I haven't followed this thread, but don't think this has been posted here...Arnold Schwarzenegger's open letter on climate change..

https://www.facebook.com/notes/arnold-sc......?fref=nf
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
Directly and deliberately manipulating Earth's climate system, collectively referred to as "geoengineering," is very likely human-induced, mostly secretly by humans in the US Military Industrial Complex, which includes NASA in the past. In the future geoengineering experiments will be conducted in a more open, and transparent fashion, as it is step it up. Since the Paris meeting the US Military Industrial Complex are no longer exempt from measurement and we will be getting Geoengineering Governance, which is a beautiful bit of 1984 Royal Society new speak. NASA satellite observing systems will play a key role in improving scientific understanding and risk assessments for geoengineering. Don’t worry, NASA are on the case.

Tommy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27166 Posts

Quote:
On Jan 1, 2016, imgic wrote:
I haven't followed this thread, but don't think this has been posted here...Arnold Schwarzenegger's open letter on climate change..

Lovely reference to gas in sealed rooms, Arnold. "You cannot turn off the engine. You do not get a gas mask."

Others may ponder how a dramatic gas chamber reference got onto Arnold's public posting... and who's condoned it so far.

Manufacturing and transporting energy, similarly disposing of/recycling the fuel cells/collectors...

so why just imagine toxic fumes when you can see where technology goes to progress:
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/g......pictures

happy new year, cough, cough...
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17687 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Jan 1, 2016, imgic wrote:

Here's the problem. In the 70's when I graduated from High School as avid readers of Mother Earth News we were all pretty much convinced that there would be solar panels on the roof of every home by the mid eighties and most people would be energy independent by the time we had families. We'd all have a solar still to make Ethenol for the car, motorcycle and lawnmower while America became energy independent ...
BUT GUESS WHAT????? No such deal...... The government screwed us .... and NOW, they are feeding you youngsters the same line of BS. Same old song and dance as far as I'm concerned. They just want more tax money!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27166 Posts

@Slim, look at the manufacturing and recycling costs of solar cells. Not sure our cars are happy running on ethanol either... something about drying out seals and hoses last I heard.

When was the last time you saw somone fined for using a gasoline powered leaf blower for noise/envionmental pollution?

Which of Arnold's films show example sustainable societies we might wish to emulate? Conan the Barbarian perhaps?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
Carbon forms the key component for all known life on Earth. Too much life on Earth eh.

Tommy
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17687 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2016, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
@Slim, look at the manufacturing and recycling costs of solar cells. Not sure our cars are happy running on ethanol either... something about drying out seals and hoses last I heard.

When was the last time you saw somone fined for using a gasoline powered leaf blower for noise/envionmental pollution?

Which of Arnold's films show example sustainable societies we might wish to emulate? Conan the Barbarian perhaps?

Yes ... I agree solar cells would have cost a lot ... BUT.. the $800 billion dollar stimulus package could have put them on every home in the USA. Cars designed to run on ethanol do so quite efficiently..

A poor lady here in Florida tried to go off line ... They threatened to arrest her.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
Ethanol crops replace food crops. Call me a carbon chauvinist but why are you so set on killing life on Earth?

Tommy
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17687 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Firstly, if you think hiring more people to grow more corn will cause people to starve to death you have been deceived.

Secondly ..There is enough food to feed everyone... That's never been the problem. It's GETTING THE FOOD TO THE STARVING PEOPLE that has been the issue. Sometimes the powers that be WANT people to be starving ...working for starvation wages.

AND ... Growing more corn REDUCES CO2 levels!!!!!!!!! Isn't that your goal?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20662 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It is absolutely incredible the shear number of things you are an expert at.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17687 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2016, Dannydoyle wrote:
It is absolutely incredible the shear number of things you are an expert at.

Your Troll attacks are getting boring.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20662 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
So is your modeling behavior by using other peoples words. Nice try though. I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

First you picked up straw man and use it incorrectly. Now you constantly call other people trolls to distract from your own trolling.

Wonder what you will learn next?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27166 Posts

Wait a sec, there might be a trick presentation here: a version of wildcard where other participants become trolls. Not ready for /b/ but could work with audiences who get online.

Okay back to trying to find out who's on second.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Report on Global Warming » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (153 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..19..35..51..67..82~83~84~85~86..114..141..168..195..222..224~225~226 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL