We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Report on Global Warming » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (153 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..25..47..69..91..109~110~111~112~113..136..158..180..202..224~225~226 [Next]
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5522 Posts

Profile of RNK
Uh-Oh! The sun is losing it's spots! Reported end result of this- mini ice age coming!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sun-losing-sp......726.html

We better cut down those emissions so WE don't cause the sun to lose more spots, lol.....

All to funny..
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17687 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Jun 30, 2016, Pop Haydn wrote:
"Scientists have had enough of Congress' climate denial. On Tuesday, a whopping 31 major scientific groups — representing tens of thousands of researchers — delivered a joint letter to Capitol Hill to present a unified front on the seriousness of human-caused global warming and the need to address it.

"The 3-page letter, which is a more forceful version of a 2009 letter to which 19 scientific societies signed on, comes as the House Science Committee continues to investigate peer reviewed studies of climate change."
"Observations throughout the world make it clear that climate change is occurring, and rigorous scientific research concludes that the greenhouse gases emitted by human activities are the primary driver," the letter states. "This conclusion is based on multiple independent lines of evidence and the vast body of peer-reviewed science."

Some of the largest groups that signed the letter include the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), whose CEO, Rush Holt, is a former congressman from New Jersey and a physicist by training, as well as the American Geophysical Union (AGU) and American Chemical Society.

"Climate change is real and happening now, and the United States urgently needs to reduce greenhouse gas emissions," Holt said in a statement.

"We must not delay, ignore the evidence, or be fearful of the challenge. America has provided global leadership to successfully confront many environmental problems, from acid rain to the ozone hole, and we can do it again. We owe no less to future generations."

~ http://mashable.com/2016/06/29/science-g......ZEW74Eqh

So I guess you are backing off the 97% figure finally Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
As a result of Global Warming the UK will get colder and wetter say the climate hysterics. Smile

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-36704400

Such is death.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27166 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
One flash of insight, or just an old fart hypothesis

http://www.antipope.org/charlie/blog-sta......e-g.html

Read the part about prior extinction climate change...

Global burp?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
We'll all go together when we go to Jonestown and take the Global Kool-Aid.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27166 Posts

Watch out for the anaerobic path.

A burp, a silver bloom...see fosil record.

It's almost never Somebody should' but it could be an opportunity to do something sensible and possibly for the better.

At least 97 percent of what's in the (fossil) record is extinct...aka wrong.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5044 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Jul 8, 2016, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Watch out for the anaerobic path.

A burp, a silver bloom...see fosil record.

It's almost never Somebody should' but it could be an opportunity to do something sensible and possibly for the better.

At least 97 percent of what's in the (fossil) record is extinct...aka wrong.

When things get to that discontinuous break point, it's anybody's guess. Unforeseen consequences multiply at an exponential rate. Who would've thunk mammals with sticks and stones after that meteorite hit? Evolution ain't no crystal stair.

As an aside, the author's optimism that human beings would never produce biological weapons that could wipe out its own species has been contradicted by the major world political powers for over a half century now. The terrorists is us.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27166 Posts

Hey, I'm just pointing to where others are much further along than:

Yeah I spent my life driving cars, burning coal, pouring toxins into the river and using force to bring others into that lifestyle but now I'm all about telling you to spend time and money to fix these obvious and imposed problems...

Root cause is? corrective action is?
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5044 Posts

Profile of landmark
Until one starts talking about other ways of organizing political and economic life apart from the present world capitalist system, it's a useless discussion IMO.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Too Political
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
"We could have saved the world, but we were too *** cheap."
- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27166 Posts

If only there were a relationship between hot air and politics ... as regards thermodynamics.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5044 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
Too Political

The solution to most world problems, including climate change, involves, among other things, the distribution of resources--not just conservation or generation of such--and that falls squarely into the realm of the political. It's unavoidable.

But extended discussion of politics is forbidden here, hence 74 pages of hot air.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2016, landmark wrote:
Quote:
Too Political

The solution to most world problems, including climate change, involves, among other things, the distribution of resources--not just conservation or generation of such--and that falls squarely into the realm of the political. It's unavoidable.

But extended discussion of politics is forbidden here, hence 74 pages of hot air.

I think that is his new catch phrase Landmark...
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
"Using the weather as a weapon to subjugate the globe sounds like the modus operandi of a James Bond villain, but a senior climate scientist has expressed concern over the US intelligence services’ apparent interest in geoengineering.

Geoengineering seeks to combat climate change by removing carbon dioxide from the atmosphere or by increasing the reflectivity of the earth – with clouds or even space dust – to reduce the sun’s warmth.

It is criticised by many environmental activists, including Naomi Klein, for suggesting that a simple techno-fix for global warming is just around the corner but geoengineering may have a more sinister side.

Alan Robock, who studied the potential impact of a nuclear winter in the 1980s, raised alarm over CIA’s part-funding of a National Academy of Sciences report on different approaches to combating climate change, and the fact that the CIA hasn’t explained its interest in geoengineering.

Weaponising the weather is nothing new." etc

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/shor......ineering

Tommy
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2016, Salguod Nairb wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Too Political

Absolutely Correct!
Unlike you guys, I received a warning about being banned from the Café` if I talk Politics. Others can but I can't. Seems I don't have a clue as to what is or is not Political.
Global Warming, Gun Control, terrorism, Police Shootings etc...
All seem Political to me.

Any post I see as Political, I will post as such. That way, those who read my post can set me straight.
Iven
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2016, irossall wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Too Political

Absolutely Correct!
Unlike you guys, I received a warning about being banned from the Café` if I talk Politics. Others can but I can't. Seems I don't have a clue as to what is or is not Political.

Any post I see as Political, I will post as such. That way, those who read my post can set me straight.
Iven

Yeah I'm sure the way to avoid getting banned is to rattle the bars of your cage...
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5522 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
Quote:
Too Political

Exactly, GW or Climate Change always ends in political discussion because there is no 97% agreement with experts. If there was then something would have been done about it a long time ago. Climate change is not a serious issue therefore always resulting towards political discussion.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5044 Posts

Profile of landmark
I can't imagine a greater misreading of what I wrote.

Even if 100% of the experts agreed that Climate Change is a serious issue, it is still doubtful that anything would be done about it, because the solution necessarily involves political change--a political change that those in power on the world stage would not possibly allow.

Your assumption is that serious issues necessarily get seen to. Unfortunately, that is not always the case.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2016, irossall wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Too Political

Absolutely Correct!

Iven

I'd love to have received a warning before the last four times I was banned. Talking politics on the Café is like speeding on the freeway: We know it's against he rules, lots of people do it, and sometimes you get nailed. Stay way away from the line, or deal with it when you're the one who gets busted. But don't be that kid we all hated in sixth grade who kept pointing out to the teacher whenever the other kids were talking.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Report on Global Warming » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (153 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..25..47..69..91..109~110~111~112~113..136..158..180..202..224~225~226 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL