We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Report on Global Warming » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (153 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..34..65..96..127..154~155~156~157~158..172..185..198..211..224~225~226 [Next]
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Dec 17, 2016, tommy wrote:
Just this morning I was in the Birmingham city centre, looking up at the largest Green Man statue in the world and wondering, for a good two minutes, what the **** is that doing here. When I starting feeling cold, I knew I had my answer. YN HARDDWCH ANHYGOEL BANNAU BRYCHEINIOG LLE MAE LEYLINELLAU CYFRINIOL YN CYDGYFARFOD YNG NGHANOL COED DERW CYMREIG HYNAFOL, MAE RHYWBETH HUDOL YN YSTWYRIAN...


Hey, I thought this was the forum where magic doesn't happen!
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3549 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Is this from a Welsh travel brochure?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5044 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Dec 17, 2016, Jonathan Townsend wrote:

"YN HARDDWCH ANHYGOEL BANNAU BRYCHEINIOG LLE MAE LEYLINELLAU CYFFREDINOL YN CYFARFOD YNG NGHANOL COED DERW CYMREIG HYNAFOL, MAE RHYWBETH HUDOL YN YSTWYRIAN"


Sure, that's easy for you to say...
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27166 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
? not me landmark - I copied and pasted from Tommy's post - then found the source quote and pasted that into my post.

btw I put a fun post over on facebook related to strange text Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
The Green Man born again pagan cult is now calling for huge tax rises on high protein food, because it produces too much energy. Actually, I would not mind being a vegetarian myself. I wonder how many believers here are vegetarian. If they are true believers then they ought to be. Are you or have you ever been a member of the meat eating society? Plead the 5th if you please.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Gorlzax
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Gorlzax
Just checking how the debate is going and I can see that nothing has changed.

I can see that the deniers just keep denying and basically repeat over and over again:

"You don't understand anything about science, so sad. But I do, because I'm so smart. Yes, you have all the scientific evidence on your side, and I cant prove ANY of it wrong, but I don't have to because I'm so smart and you are so dumm and you would believe anything the scientists and experts would say. If you keep insisting soon I will post an article from breitbart that will explain how the whole thing is a hoax - then you will see!"

Ok, in honesty I havent seen anybody sharing links from Breitbart, but otherwise its all observations from this debate.

But now happy christmas and new year to you all. Lets hope that the next year wont be hotter than the previous one, and the hottest ever on record, like it has been now for 16 years in a row. And that, my friends, is sad.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20662 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Nothing has changed means you have not either. Or is it just everyone rise who disagrees with you who ha to change?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Gorlzax
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Gorlzax
Quote:
On Dec 22, 2016, Dannydoyle wrote:
Nothing has changed means you have not either. Or is it just everyone rise who disagrees with you who ha to change?


No, it is just the ones who keep disagreeing and don't give any real counter argument.

Example of a bad argument: "You don't understand anything and I do, so that's why I'm right and you are wrong". Example of a good argument: "Huge majority of the scientific community agrees on this matter (sources and links provided if asked), so that's why there is a concrete reason to think that the situation is what it is and that's why we should act acording to it. If you have any information that sheds some new light to the matter, please share it."

And again, a bad response to this is: "you just believe anything the "man" wants you to believe, don't ya?! So sad. You clearly don't understand anything about science." And a good a response is: "Actually I disagree with you because I have this information that disagrees with what you are reffering to. You can check it out here: *link to the referred information source*"

Just because you have an opinion about something, doesn't mean it is like that.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27166 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On Dec 22, 2016, Gorlzax wrote:
...Example of a good argument: "Huge majority of the scientific community agrees on this matter (sources and links provided if asked), so that's why there is a concrete reason to think that...


If that were the case, the argument form being valid much less persuasive outside of sanitized "it's only a theory" context... Smile

Somewhere off the map is realpolitik involving billions of real people who want the benefits of industry and also have a less than enthusiastic trust of our culture. On the topic of pragmatic benefits... some say oil futures are a good thing this quarter.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Don't you love getting lectured by a guy and being told how dumb you are who has trouble converting Fahrenheit to Centigrade?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20662 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I guess we just should have agreed with him on that.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
Is the cold tap the one you use to get hot water?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Gorlzax
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Gorlzax
Quote:
On Dec 22, 2016, rockwall wrote:
Don't you love getting lectured by a guy and being told how dumb you are who has trouble converting Fahrenheit to Centigrade?


No, I didn't say anywhere that you were dum. I said the only argument you make and can make is "I'm smart, your dum". This your post proves the point nicely.
Gorlzax
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Gorlzax
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27166 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
They look like nice places to visit...if up to rowing there.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20662 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2016, Gorlzax wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 22, 2016, rockwall wrote:
Don't you love getting lectured by a guy and being told how dumb you are who has trouble converting Fahrenheit to Centigrade?


No, I didn't say anywhere that you were dum. I said the only argument you make and can make is "I'm smart, your dum". This your post proves the point nicely.


Dumb actually .

Thank you for providing my morning irony.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Gorlzax
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Gorlzax
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2016, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2016, Gorlzax wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 22, 2016, rockwall wrote:
Don't you love getting lectured by a guy and being told how dumb you are who has trouble converting Fahrenheit to Centigrade?


No, I didn't say anywhere that you were dum. I said the only argument you make and can make is "I'm smart, your dum". This your post proves the point nicely.


Dumb actually .

Thank you for providing my morning irony.


I've got just two points to make:

1. https://youtu.be/R12wIYc00UI

and

2. https://youtu.be/Jne9t8sHpUc
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
Making bad points will not persuade anybody of anything.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Report on Global Warming » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (153 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..34..65..96..127..154~155~156~157~158..172..185..198..211..224~225~226 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL