We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Report on Global Warming » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (153 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..47..91..135..179..222~223~224~225~226 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20661 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2018, R.S. wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2018, Dannydoyle wrote:
I'm still curious as to what the perfect temperature is for earth?


Not sure why you keep asking this when it has already been addressed.

Anyway, there's this:

https://mashable.com/2018/02/14/what-is-......ndUlciqq


Ron


It says they don't like the question because they can't answer it. And they are looking for a stable climate. Let me know how that works out for ya.

How stupid.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Haven't we already passed multiple 'tipping points' that the scientists warned us about?

Aren't 'tipping points', points where a "change, or effect cannot be stopped"?

Ergo, those hoping to stop climate change must be science deniers!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20661 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The climate is always an issue with pollution. No doubt.

But the problem is that the alarmists are the equivalent of the cop who KNOWS someone is guilty but helps the evidence. Lies or plants something and gets caught. Oops now nobody believes a thing they say and they blame everyone else.

Yes it is a science issue corrupted by politics. All the solutions I see are political, not scientific.

Sorry Ron but this is the bed you guys made. You lost the trust of those you wish to convince, heck NEED to convince. Screaming like a 4 year old and name calling won't get it done. As a matter of fact you assure NOTHING will be done! The tactic has backfired so why continue?

How about an honest representation of facts for once? It might get results and darn sure would be refreshing.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Except no one is screaming; though some have said it so often that they believe their own lies.

The worst anyone has done is make a few hyperbolic predictions; which have been used by those who play suckers for chumps, as they loot the world.

And...science? Facts?
Please.

The flaw in that is the assumption is that deniers want to know the truth.
Most would rather think what they're told to told think, and wait for the opportunity to make some stupid troll post about how "everything LOOKS the same."
Then they're are those who WANT it to be real, since they're waiting to float away on the updraft as the world burns.

But sure, let's pretend that both sides have equally sincere motivations.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20661 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
No its better to pretend everyone but you is an idiot.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Which is another thing, not remotely true, that some use as a way of saying nothing.
Tell others what they mean, construct a straw man, argue against that, then throw a tantrum when their delusion it's challenged by reality.
Like an angry 4 year old.

Surely you don't deny the rise of the anti-intellectuals Danny?
You know, those who've been emboldened, and now openly speak about education and science with gleeful derision.
And blacks. And gays.

They start threads for the sole purpose of laughing at science; but it's understandable though, given the the wonderful comeback the rule of brute force is making.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20661 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
So during a post in which you complain about people telling others what they mean and constructing straw man arguments you then go on to do both of those exact things. Irony much?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2018, NYCTwister wrote:

The worst anyone has done is make a few hyperbolic predictions; which have been used by those who play suckers for chumps, as they loot the world.
....


The worst? Like that's not bad enough? But there seem to be plenty of suckers wanting to spread those hyperbolic predictions.



Quote:
On Jun 21, 2018, NYCTwister wrote:
...
The flaw in that is the assumption is that deniers want to know the truth.
Most would rather think what they're told to told think, and wait for the opportunity to make some stupid troll post about how "everything LOOKS the same."
Then they're are those who WANT it to be real, since they're waiting to float away on the updraft as the world burns.

But sure, let's pretend that both sides have equally sincere motivations.


[/quote]

I could easily say the same about the true believers.

The flaw in that is the assumption is that true believers want to know the truth.
Most would rather think what they're told to told think, and wait for the opportunity to make some stupid troll post about how "anyone who doesn't believe like me is a denier and probably a racist to boot!"
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Ah, the prototype for all the OWCFTG'S sticks his head out of his hole.

How are you liking the way your hero is stopping the flood you're so terrified of?

The savagery must be giving you a warm fuzzy feeling, huh.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20661 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
So you're still predicting a blue wave?

Why so hostile? All he did was use exactly the words you did to describe you. Why would that cause you to be hostile?

Seriously if you can't talk to others without name calling and being mean how do you expect to have real productive discussions?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Because it's a false equivalence.

And I'm through pretending that certain types of people have good intentions, or want to have a conversation.

You've set yourself up as a self-appointed hypocrisy monitor.
If you're so fair and balanced as you pretend to be, how come you NEVER condemn the hypocrisy of the right, or the church, or the sarcasm and insults of your brain brothers here on NVMS?

And I wasn't speaking about the election. That's politics.

Don't you know we're not allowed to talk about that. Smile
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20661 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I have spoken about it on the other side. It is just that this is the discussion in front of us. Others being hypocritical does not mitigate one's own hypocrisy now does it?

You have no idea of others intentions. You assume them and assign them when you disagree. Anyone who disagrees with you is an idiot with bad intentions. Thus you justify name calling and hypocrisy all in one fell swoop.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
173 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2018, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2018, R.S. wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2018, Dannydoyle wrote:
I'm still curious as to what the perfect temperature is for earth?


Not sure why you keep asking this when it has already been addressed.

Anyway, there's this:

https://mashable.com/2018/02/14/what-is-......ndUlciqq


Ron


It says they don't like the question because they can't answer it. And they are looking for a stable climate. Let me know how that works out for ya.

How stupid.


Sorry to hear that you think science is stupid, Danny. What do you think is a better method than science for sussing out facts about the world? Do you deny that AGW is occurring?

Anyway, it appears you didn’t really read the article because your question is directly addressed (in both the article and in the embedded video).

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
173 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2018, Dannydoyle wrote:
The climate is always an issue with pollution. No doubt.

But the problem is that the alarmists are the equivalent of the cop who KNOWS someone is guilty but helps the evidence. Lies or plants something and gets caught. Oops now nobody believes a thing they say and they blame everyone else.

Yes it is a science issue corrupted by politics. All the solutions I see are political, not scientific.

Sorry Ron but this is the bed you guys made. You lost the trust of those you wish to convince, heck NEED to convince. Screaming like a 4 year old and name calling won't get it done. As a matter of fact you assure NOTHING will be done! The tactic has backfired so why continue?

How about an honest representation of facts for once? It might get results and darn sure would be refreshing.


If you're confusing me for an "alarmist" then you haven't been paying attention.

And... when did I ever misrepresent the science behind climate change?

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20661 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
You defend every b.s. claim made. Come on be honest about it. You have a political leaning that you throw into all your scientific beliefs.

And the tactic of misquoting me won't work. I never said science was stupid. Nice try. Like I said can't we try honesty just once from you?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27166 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
You can tell it's a griefer when the topic shifts from "what can we learn from it" to "you are...".

On the one hand folks are right about the importance of our environment as commons. On the other hand we're reviewing Pascal's Wager / "end is nigh" arguments which did not accurately predict world endings in 999, 1000, 2000, motherships and instead brought us Jim Jones charismatic abuses and Waco tragedies. On the gripping hand there are real issues which are being neglected such how to welcome those seeking asylum in our country and how to look at potable water concerns.

Please don't be Crazy Eddie.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2018, Dannydoyle wrote:
I have spoken about it on the other side. It is just that this is the discussion in front of us. Others being hypocritical does not mitigate one's own hypocrisy now does it?


You'd know better than anyone.

Quote:
You have no idea of others intentions. You assume them and assign them when you disagree. Anyone who disagrees with you is an idiot with bad intentions. Thus you justify name calling and hypocrisy all in one fell swoop.


Not true...again. Just more projection.

BUT, if it WERE true I could honestly say that I've learned from the best.

AND, I have a very good knowledge of the mindsets of many of those here.
Unlike many, I remember what's been said, and the patterns that emerge. In thread after thread it's the same people, with the same privilege, spewing the same despicable nonsense, invariably with the same corrupt moral base.

Just because it hurts them to hear the truth, doesn't mean it isn't the truth....right?
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20661 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It certainly seems to upset you.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27166 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
PopSci gets a BS inoculation:
https://boingboing.net/2018/06/21/the-bi......ion.html
Think of AGW as test run for other panic triggers.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
I'm going to have to disagree with Danny on this one. If NYC thinks his juvenile taunts hurt someone, it's probably because he has a much higher opinion of himself than he deserves. I actually would encourage him to continue with the silly name calling, and childish posts. If nothing else it helps to clearly illustrate who he really is.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Report on Global Warming » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (153 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..47..91..135..179..222~223~224~225~226 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL