The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Those little pink cups... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mr Amazing
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of Mr Amazing
Please replace one of those pink cup icons (one meaning "unread messages" and the other meaning "thread with more than X messges". I'm uncertain of X). They are next to impossible to tell apart, and causes a lot of uncertainty to wether there is new information in the thread.

It's shouldn't be too difficult to just use another icon, right? Anything would be better than the current. Perhaps even no icon at all for when there are no new messages?

...and while we're at it; it would be great if the little "GO"-link would lead to the first unread message instead of the very last message in the threads.

Ok, thanks for a great site!

/Matias
Mr Amazing
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of Mr Amazing
Oooups - 3 seconds after posting this I noted that Kaliix pointed out the same thing about the icons. Sorry for that. Well, I guess it just shows many of us would appreciate it Smile

All the best,

/Matias
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
We will see what we can do. Until then, have a donut Smile
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
Here are the new icons, and what they represent:

Forums and topics with new (unread) posts in them will have the red coffee mug (this icon is the same as it was):

Forums and topics with no new (unread) posts in them will have the white coffee mug:

Forums and topics that are locked, AND have new (unread) posts in them will have the red coffee cup with a lock on it:

Forums and topics that are locked, AND have NO new (unread) posts in them will have the white coffee cup with a lock on it:

The "sticky" topic icon remains the same, sticky topics will stay at the top of the topic list:

I got rid of the "hot topic" icons. They indicated that there were more than 15 posts in a given topic, and that information is readily available from the "Replies" column next to the topic title.

Mary
Mr Amazing
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of Mr Amazing
Mary - a Smile to you! Thanks! And I'm sure many will appreciate it.

Ichazod... no kiss for you, but instead a sip of Smile to celebrate the new feature!

/Matias
Dave Le Fevre
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1651 Posts

Profile of Dave Le Fevre
My thanks too to Mary et al.

Your work on our behalf is genuinely appreciated.

Dave
The Ozzy Osbourne of the 34x27
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
I noticed the new icons immediately today. This is a much simpler format. Nice change.

Dan
Click to visit:
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
C'mon Matias, just a little Smile I won't tell anyone Smile

A big thank you to Mary for taking care of this for us Smile Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Those little pink cups... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL