The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » How do you rehearse? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1014 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
I'm curious how you guys rehearse your mem-deck routines? Specifically, I'm looking for tips on how to rehearse Histed Heisted. Obviously I need to practice the fundamentals such as reciting MD order and remembering the name based on the number, but this is just practice. How do you rehearse the actual routine without multiple spectators present? I'd love to hear any suggestions you may have. Thanks!
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.youtube.com/eruditemagic
IG: @PsychicCPA
Lundonia
View Profile
Veteran user
refuses to read more than
321 Posts

Profile of Lundonia
It comes naturally when you have the stack down pat - e.g you don't need to rehearse how to figure out the selections. Of course patter etc. is another matter.

But to answer your question; you can rehearse it "backwards". Sort out the groups and place them face down in front of you and choose one card for each spectator at random. Then recite the stack as in performance and try to think ahead on which number each card will fall. It won't be the same as in performance but it will definitely help you establish the thinking.

Once in a while I rehearse the stack itself in the groups of Histed Heisted, 1-11-21-31-41-51 etc. Not sure if it helps but at least you're staying familiar with the specifics. Smile
"Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity - and i'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein
www.jensmagi.se
Nick Pudar
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of Nick Pudar
I use my StackView software. For the routine in question, I record a Session of the spectator actions, and play them back as required by the routine. It certainly beats having my family grind through the practice sessions.
Nick
Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
www.stackview.com Version 5.0 is available!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » How do you rehearse? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL