The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Psychic Found GUILTY! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jamiesalinas
View Profile
Special user
Houston
718 Posts

Profile of jamiesalinas
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/b......a/nZ8CG/

Make sure you have disclaimers... Just saying...

Jamie Salinas
Jamie Salinas
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Just don't fraudulently steal millions of dollars by having clients give it to you for "spiritual cleansing." The case had nothing to do with disclaimers or the lack of them.

BTW, there is a very lengthy thread on this case right here in Penny, titled "Here it comes!"
jamiesalinas
View Profile
Special user
Houston
718 Posts

Profile of jamiesalinas
Missed the post. Thanks Bob! This could be bad for psychic shows, seances, etc. I advertise my seances as theatrical but at the event, I play it as real as I can but I am not making millions lol

Jamie
Jamie Salinas
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
It won't hurt you in the slightest, Jamie, as most state laws contain specific exemption for theatrical presentations.

The defendant in this case wasn't prosecuted because of her claim to be psychic. She was prosecuted for fraudulently stealing peoples money, claiming it would be returned to them after it had been cleansed. It was, as should have been expected, never returned and was simply converted to the defendant's own use.

Don't do stuff like that and you should be okay.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18486 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I'm glad there's a sensible thread about it...the other one is just plain strange...
solarzar
View Profile
Regular user
Solarzar
109 Posts

Profile of solarzar
A fool and his money are soon parted.

Money cleansing has been demonstrated in a variety of ways in movies and yet people still do it, and some get away with it for a while.

I'm sorry for those defrauded but I always appreciate Dr. Bob's pragmatic response. If you aren't taking money from people through some scam you aren't likely to be shut down.

Just my thoughts, Solarzar
Solarzar
The Magic is within us!
www.Magic4Life.com
www.Solarzar.net
London
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A.
768 Posts

Profile of London
This has nothing to do with that news story but just felt it was just stupid enough to share..
"Man shoots neighbor for 'telepathically raping' his wife"
http://www.examiner.com/article/man-shoo......articles
THOUGHTfully,

LONDON
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10529 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Absconded with over 25 Million? Holy cow!

Big money...
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
Bard
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of Bard
Quote:
On 2013-09-30 15:55, mastermindreader wrote:
It won't hurt you in the slightest, Jamie, as most state laws contain specific exemption for theatrical presentations.

The defendant in this case wasn't prosecuted because of her claim to be psychic. She was prosecuted for fraudulently stealing peoples money, claiming it would be returned to them after it had been cleansed. It was, as should have been expected, never returned and was simply converted to the defendant's own use.

Don't do stuff like that and you should be okay.

We recently had a lady get caught on this same sort of thing. If I'm not mistaken Dr. Bob actually outlined the method for switching out cash somewhere along the line, a method similar to what this lady would do -- burning $50k in cash so as to cleanse the economic issues of clients. . . she ended up looking over $100k in order to make the issue go away and shut the press down but, she now has law enforcement and a certain local wizard watching her closely. . .

I really hate people like this, it ruins it for the rest of us and the majority of working "Psychics" out there, who are generally sincere and honest individuals.

BTW. . . the whole thing about disclaimers. . . you need to realize that such things scream to the public that you are a fraud and thus, you loose a huge amount of investment from the public, when it comes to belief in what you are doing; belief from the audience is a chief ingredient to mentalism and what makes it so effective, so why would you want to give people a reason to do otherwise?

Go paddle a canoe up-stream for a few hours and tell me how logical that move is. . .
Circusman
View Profile
Special user
Kent, England.
570 Posts

Profile of Circusman
Wonder if she seen that coming ?
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2443 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
What I do is entertain people.
What they believe is up to them.

My whole show is for entertainment purposes only as that is what I do.
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Psychic Found GUILTY! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL