The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » C0DEX V3NEFICIUM (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..23~24~25 [Next]
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2622 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On 2013-10-13 16:50, bobbyhasbun wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-10-13 16:32, afinemesh wrote:
I believe mine is in the hopper, or (better yet) in the mail!! Smile
Yessir Smile

Hot dam! Smile
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
I do not think they are all sold,yet!
I told Bobby,I wanted the last one...way back when! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
Quote:
On 2013-10-13 17:20, afinemesh wrote:
All gone, cool! Smile
Haha, sorry about that. I worded that wrong. He reserved the final copy but there are still plenty available. He reserved it on day 1. As long as the option to buy is still available on the site, they're not sold out.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2622 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
OK, my bad!

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1628 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
I just ordered mine, great service so far from Bobby, the books has to be made, looks like he was too successful with this routine, I did got the pdf almost instantly, what a great method.
Clever guy
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2622 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Just got finished reading the manual, very cool. . .

Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Hello guys,

First I want to say that this book is so easy to preform. Simple and straight to the point. I really love the method of how you obtain the information. This is the kind of thinking that set this book apart from book test! It really is in a class of it's own.....

Now for the reason that I am writing. ...... I am going to make a few cloths with different markings to be used with this book. I have already told Bobby about all the ideas I have, well most of them.....he is OK with what I am going to say.

I am thinking of using Osnaburg cloth with a darker cloth as a backing. I am going to make two or more different types of cloths with different markings just to see what looks really the best. But each cloth will have it's own theme and use. Each cloth is used to wrap the book and will be aged. These cloths are used after the book information is known. If I remember correctly, the book that you have or will get, was found wrapped in this cloth! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

After you know the birthday, you could open the cloth and go into another presentation that keeps in theme with the book and then later as you are giving a reading, reveal their birthday.

The first cloth that I will do will have two logos on the cloth where the sitter and performer can placed their left hands. The logos are the hand print that is on the cover of the book and PDF. So the cloth is open and on one end of the rectangle cloth is a palm print facing in one direction while at the other end is another logo (palm print) facing in the opposite direction. Now both the sitter and performer can sit facing each other and place their left hand on the logos (palm prints). This is done to help connect to the......whatever you want.....

Between the palm prints (logos) is a space. In this space will be an area for Scrying, tarot cards, candle, throwing the bones or using the pendulum.

As I said, I have a few ideas but the first cloth will have a grid like pattern with a cheat sheet for readers between the palm prints. When I say cheat sheet, I am NOT talking about a cheat sheet for the book and how it works. I am talking about readings and the little information that we know in our heads. It will help stir ideas as you are thinking what to said, in the event that you may be at a lost for words for some reason. Looking at the cloth you will see hints for readers that is used in the trade. Think of the Vitruvian Square by Scott Grossberg only this cloth will be more simple. Anyone looking at the cloth will not be able to read the markings unless they knew how. The simple markings will look like letters and words written from an age long past. Once the performer learns how the letters and words were created, he will have no problem reading the information on the cloth.

Once I am done with a few, I will give Bobby a cloth or two, maybe more so he can check them out. I hope that the (reading) cloths will enhance the book. You could have the sitter write a question on a small piece of paper and without reading it, burn it in the flame of the candle to release the question to the cosmos. Then after the burning of the question, you both place your hands on the cloth over the logos (palm prints). Then go into a reading giving the birthday and year and then answer their question!

Any way, this is what I plan to do. I just thought that I would share my idea so that you may think of ways to enhance your presentation.

Best
Ray
piyuyu
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of piyuyu
Thank you for sharing your idea, Ray. Do share with us the pictures of the clothes once you have them created.
Crossroads Mystic
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
498 Posts

Profile of Crossroads Mystic
Sounds great.
~Gavin
...from whose bourne,

no traveler returns...

Formerly Mr.Skin

facebook.com/CrossroadsMystic
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
Ray has sent me a few great ideas regarding the book. I can't wait to send you all part 2 of the PDF with everyone's contributions!
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
Every single non preorder has officially shipped! (Most already shipped, but the final ones shipped today- right on schedule!)
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
Just finished reading the first pdf today, cant wait for the 2nd contributions pdf!

has mine shipped too Bobby? Smile
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
Quote:
On 2013-10-15 02:40, Mind illusionist wrote:
Just finished reading the first pdf today, cant wait for the 2nd contributions pdf!

has mine shipped too Bobby? Smile

Yes sir! Every single order that wasn't a preorder is now either in the mail or in someone's hands!
Brynmore13
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
485 Posts

Profile of Brynmore13
The Codex has reached Oz I am happy to report.
All is perceived through the gate of the mind.
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
Bryn, gimme a PM when ya can. cheers mate!
Brynmore13
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
485 Posts

Profile of Brynmore13
Done J.
Brynmore13
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
485 Posts

Profile of Brynmore13
I'm liking this book a lot. It is beautiful, and the aging on the cover is fantastic. I am yet to try the book out on someone who is ignorant of my methods, which excludes most of my close friends and family. Based on my experience with similar forces, I think lay people would be clueless as to method.

I do have a couple of little points of contention though, although minor. The first is the use of the term sex appeal in a bokthat is meant to be from the 1870s. Most folks won't notice, but I did.

The second is a general criticism of books that use artifical aging, and that is less is more. Check out the first editions on the internet, the pages are yellowed but not often heavily stained. Also the dipping the page edges gives a distinctive look. I think painting the pages with tea and brush may yield a result closer to the images of first editions I see.

One big positive for CV is that it avoids using graphics or printing that looks computer generated. As much as I love my WA and 1psw1ch, some of the graphics look pixelated. CV does not. The printing is bold, just like a printing press.

Please accept my criticism as intended, as constructive in nature, wanting only to strengthen the realism of these wonderful props that are produced in this community.

Overall I'm loving CV and very much looking forward to test driving it.
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
Thanks for the review! I'll take it all to heart and apply it to future projects. As far as "sex appeal", most sources etymologize it at 1904/1905, while others first place it even earlier in history. Either way, I thought it was close enough to the subtle date on the cover page. Anyway, thank you very much for the review and I couldn't be happier that you're loving it!!
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
http://ehistory.osu.edu/osu/mmh/clash/ne......age1.htm Sex appeal appears to be from the 1920s

I had already pictured this book having no definite history or date - just an enigma... some claim it was based on some Latin book... some say it was Masters and Johnson era... it is a true mystery. What really is bizarre about it is that is seems to have some mystical properties... there was a rumour that the author, in developing and using this book, erased him or her self from the pages of history completely... in fact, this book may not even be from our so called reality. Let me demonstrate some of its most minor powers in how it parts the veils of time itself...

etc.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Brynmore13
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
485 Posts

Profile of Brynmore13
Very nice Doc.

And Bobby, I very much look forward to your future projects.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » C0DEX V3NEFICIUM (19 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..23~24~25 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL