We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » C0DEX V3NEFICIUM (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..23~24~25 [Next]
TwentyOne
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of TwentyOne
Mike, in my opinion, telling spectator that you are going to extract his birthday, will completely ruin the performance. It will turn the effect into some sort of ''is this your card?" routine. The method of revealing birthday date, that is described in guide, is very natural (in fact, there are more than one).
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Thank you for the helpful response, TwentyOne!

Regards,
Mike
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2013-11-12 01:24, Godzilla wrote:
How are performances going with this ?

Anyone,going with the 7 keys?

Anyone ?
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
I'll take this as a good sign...people,are not rushing out and just doing!
Spending time to routine! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Any more reviews or experiences with this?

Regards,
Mike
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Dr. Van Van Mojo
Anyone who ordered from the second batch receiving updates? According to my last email update he should have received the books and aged them by now but I haven't gotten any further news. Bobby? Eagerly awaiting.
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
Quote:
On 2013-11-17 01:36, Dr. Van Van Mojo wrote:
Anyone who ordered from the second batch receiving updates? According to my last email update he should have received the books and aged them by now but I haven't gotten any further news. Bobby? Eagerly awaiting.
Email me with your Paypal address for specific details regarding your order. Everyone should have received an update last week and another update is going out to everyone tomorrow Smile Thanks, Dr!
TimonK
View Profile
Veteran user
Amsterdam
364 Posts

Profile of TimonK
I'm sold - This sounds really good and after only a short while of email correspondence I can already see Boby being a very great guy putting a lot of effort and honesty into customer service. Compliments to you, Sir. Thanks!
"But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see each other once or twice?"
- Richard Bach, 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull'

www.timonkrause.com
Tim Dowd
View Profile
Special user
...Making the Magic Happen!
942 Posts

Profile of Tim Dowd
OK I promised myself not to jump on every bandwagon on here but this sounded too good to pass up... after an anxious wait for mail from America to reach good ol' Germany my CV arrived and tried it out on myself... WOW it was spot on... some of the other birthdays around my date were not really hitting any spots but that just go to show how we influence our own perceptions...

I had a small issue with the translation of the instructions to a German audience but even when I got it wrong they turned to their own birthday and were blown away... talk about self worker... you could even leave it on your table for passers by in a psychic fair to thumb through before paying for a more in depth reading... great fun... the routines that come with it are just the tip of the iceberg...

Bobby asked for a review but it has really all been said except for another satisfied customer...

Tim
Timothy Dowd
...Making the Magic Happen!
http://www.timothydowd.com
http://vimeo.com/channels/mymagic
These are my points of view; I accept no responsibility for your interpretation of what I just said...
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Thanks,for the feedback,Tim! Smile
Brynmore13
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
485 Posts

Profile of Brynmore13
I ended up doing a spontaneous presentation of the C0dex for a magician friends mother in law last night.
The performance was just to get her to touch each relevant page and try to feel a connection, which she experienced as heat when she touched the pages. After the dirty work was done, we had her look her birthday and read the entry. She was amazed by how accurately it described her character and situation. Then my friend said that I had a special connection with the book as its owner. I then told her that the impressions I had received were that she was born late in summer, almost early autumn (I'm in the southern hemisphere, so it's backwards to you folks in the north). Then told her I thought she was born in February, which she was of course. Then I told her I thought it was early in Feb, but wasn't sure but had her hold the book and concentrate on the date. I then told her I thought it was the first week of Feb, around the 5th or 6th. Actually it was the 7th, I'd miscounted as I thought my mate was going to do the reveal initially. Anyhow the near miss if anything made it all the stronger. 

It was very impromptu, and I haven't done much with the Codex as I've had other materials I've been rehearsing prior to Halloween. So it is a testament to this effect, that it was so powerful even with a haphazard presentation done on the spur of the moment.

My friend, who was a professional magician for many years, said he had never seen such a strong reaction. I'm pretty sure he'll be buying a copy very soon.
All is perceived through the gate of the mind.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Could Voodini's 'Happy Birthday',work as a tie in with Codex V ?
RandyScott
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of RandyScott
From what I've read on another thread, Voodini's latest release uses playing cards (just what I read...don't have it) to obtain the birthdate.
If that is the case, why "muddy the waters?"

Stick to Codex. It sets the mood. The book is Spooky.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Not,trying to "muddy the waters!" Smile
Paul's thread,seems to have vanished in Spooky! So,could not read description!
I'm waiting for the last Codex(and all PDF's),and was not sure Happy Birthday,was done with cards!
RandyScott
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of RandyScott
In the "Latest and Greatest" thread, Paul indicated he believed his Happy Birthday was too similar to Peter Turner's Isabella's Star so he pulled it down from his website.
(That thread also noted playing cards were used in the routine.). I have Turner's Isabella's Star 2 and playing cards are used in one alternative handling (they are not necessary).

I will also say...the Codex is my preferred way to obtain the Star Sign / Birthday. I prefer Codex to Isabella's Star 2 (that statement alone would likely prompt death threats in the "Penny" forum).

I prefer the Codex because it is a beautiful piece (physical and performance). I see Isabella's Star 2 to be more of a mentalism effect. With the Codex, it can be used in a very "light manner" to obtain the birthday and/or star sign (to be used later however you prefer - like a mentalism effect) or...with a little performance, a little atmosphere, a very powerful, emotional bizarre performance.
Isper
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of Isper
Thank you for comparing the Codex and Isabella 2. I was wondering how they might be similar and different. I could not use the original Isabella because of language dependency. Isabella 2 solved that problem and the routine is great. Personally really like the idea and possibilities of the Codex, but language dependency makes it difficult to justify getting it.
Magicusa
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Magicusa
Just got mine in the mail today and it looks incredible! I can't wait to try it out on someone!
konjurer
View Profile
Veteran user
Iowa
400 Posts

Profile of konjurer
So I purchased my copy in what I guessing is batch 4, the last batch. Any word on when that batch is going into production?
===========================================
Clever stuff goes here!
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
Quote:
On 2013-11-24 21:16, konjurer wrote:
So I purchased my copy in what I guessing is batch 4, the last batch. Any word on when that batch is going into production?
Check your pms!
docdazzal
View Profile
Veteran user
San Tan Valley, AZ
344 Posts

Profile of docdazzal
Hello Everybody...!

I ordered a large Codex Cloth from Ray...to go along with my Codex. And I gotta tell you...it is absolutely fantastic. I am more than pleased with it. It will add a lot to the overall atomphere of my presentations...especially if I want to incorporate a pendulum. The large cloth has a crushed velvet back which really hilights the aged looking panel. I'm really glad I made this purchase...the cloth totally complements the Codex...even when the Codex is just sitting on the cloth.

Thank You Ray...Outstanding J-O-B...!

Continued Success to Us All,
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan
Psychic & Paranormal Entertainment
www.drdanandco.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » C0DEX V3NEFICIUM (19 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..23~24~25 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL