The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » C0DEX V3NEFICIUM (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19..23~24~25 [Next]
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
To everyone else- Thanks for all the feedback! I need some time to make the final decision so
Please be patient Smile I had a customer demand a refund on both his copies if I re-release it so I need to deal with that as well as a few other decisions before finally deciding. But thanks again for all your support and I'll let you
all know my final decision!
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Bobby,

If you have to refund a copy or two of the first edition, I'm sure someone will snap them up. I'm ok with a second edition, loving some of Ray's ideas above (and hopefully Ray has pm'ed his idea to you for inclusion in the manual). I say release some more, if we end up with a couple of hundred copies worldwide, that's cool. We can still still claim that these were a limited underground publication, all absolutely true.

Now to everyone else, how about putting our thinking caps on and seeing if we can get the ten new handlings / presentational ideas Bobby is after before rereleasing the manual.

Brynmore
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
Quote:
On 2013-12-23 03:29, Brynmore14 wrote:
Bobby,

If you have to refund a copy or two of the first edition, I'm sure someone will snap them up. I'm ok with a second edition, loving some of Ray's ideas above (and hopefully Ray has pm'ed his idea to you for inclusion in the manual). I say release some more, if we end up with a couple of hundred copies worldwide, that's cool. We can still still claim that these were a limited underground publication, all absolutely true.

Now to everyone else, how about putting our thinking caps on and seeing if we can get the ten new handlings / presentational ideas Bobby is after before rereleasing the manual.

Brynmore
more ideas for the PDF would be great Smile And as far as the refund, that's just one factor. I'll think long and hard but I'm sure you'll be happy with my final decision Smile
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
Those are great ideas Ray. Bobby has been nothing but a pleasure to work with and my second book appears ready for delivery before xmas Smile
Should the other book ever show up....I have told Bobby I will drop ship it, at my expense, to anyone Bobby wishes.

Offer it both aged and non aged Rick. A leather cover would be AWESOME!
horus1
View Profile
Special user
645 Posts

Profile of horus1
As I stated above, I think a second release is great for Bobby.... And the parameters of this sound cool .
BUT over all I do like the limited nature of items like this. (I just picked up the final Spiritus Magnus from Outlaw.)

I wouldn't be happy if Prof BC suddenly decided to release 100 more volumes of the original 3 Dopps books.
He handles it well by adding different volumes in the future, which satisfies everyone.
It sucks if a person misses out on the original run... But that's the way it goes.

BTW - PM me if you have a copy of GH*ST for sale...... Smile
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
Quote:
On 2013-12-23 08:47, horus1 wrote:
As I stated above, I think a second release is great for Bobby.... And the parameters of this sound cool .
BUT over all I do like the limited nature of items like this. (I just picked up the final Spiritus Magnus from Outlaw.)

I wouldn't be happy if Prof BC suddenly decided to release 100 more volumes of the original 3 Dopps books.
He handles it well by adding different volumes in the future, which satisfies everyone.
It sucks if a person misses out on the original run... But that's the way it goes.

BTW - PM me if you have a copy of GH*ST for sale...... Smile
Exactly! That's the final decision I need to make. It's a tough one...
shadowspirit
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of shadowspirit
Still waiting for mine and no communications either!

Worried now!
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
[/quote] Exactly! That's the final decision I need to make. It's a tough one...
[/quote]

And that's the beauty of letting Rick combine it into another dairy. Add some extra pages and effects. Rename it and issue a 100 copies of what is a new product.
AttnPls
View Profile
Special user
554 Posts

Profile of AttnPls
In fairness, Bobby only said "limited quanities". I think the 100 units was essentially thrust upon him because we are used to Prof BC's works being sold in 100 unit lots.

I would like to see Bobby be well rewarded for his efforts. I do not believe that he is obligated to 100 units. This will certainly NEVER be a mass release for the general magic community -- at least I HOPE not! Offing this item for a few months in this forum certainly limits the distribution of books to serious members of this community only. That is indeed a very limited release whether the actual number is 100 or 150, and precisely what Bobby promised.

Bobby's partnership with Rick sounds like a wonderful step forward. Thank you both for your efforts.
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
Quote:
On 2013-12-23 09:38, shadowspirit wrote:
Still waiting for mine and no communications either!

Worried now!

Check your spam folder and your PMs Smile
shadowspirit
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of shadowspirit
Just received a pm!
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
If you just add the small things that I have mention to the 2nd printing, it makes this a new and up to date version from the orginal book. And that should be enough to allow for more books. Companies do this all the time, why not allow Bobby to do the same.

Ray
docdazzal
View Profile
Veteran user
San Tan Valley, AZ
360 Posts

Profile of docdazzal
I think a second edition would be great...the second edition would be just different enough to set it apart from the first edition...but still have the integrity and the effect impact of the first edition.

Go for it Bobby...! Please put me on the list for purchase of the second edition...as for those who are crying foul and wanting a refund, its too bad that they feel that way. They are not being cheated in any way, shape, or form. But also remember...they now have the secret of the workings...that is what they paid for. The prop with which to "perform" the secret isn't the real value here.

Continued Success,
Dan
Dr. Dan
Magical Mentalism & Revealing Readings With Dr. Dan
www.drdanandco.com
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of MagiChrisMitch
Was fortunate enough to reserve a copy of Codex in October, but shipping of it was part of the last snafu. I too became concerned knowing that this was a sellout and prayed another copy was available to resend. Bobby did his best to rectify the situation and I received a tracking # this weekend for the replacement. As he mentioned, many copies were trashed during the "learning curve" of the aging process. Also, I suspect quite a few books were used to replace the orders lost during the snare of the shipping snafu. In retrospect, there are many less books that actually made it into the hands of us. I do not object to another limited version of this being made available. If anyone is a fan of Magic Wagon, you understand how frustrating it is to miss out on one of their very limited releases. I would like to see a new material used for the hardback cover, not sure what exactly, but just something to set it apart from the original. Maybe leather, or something like the special edition of Lillian. I'm sure Moonskin @ AM could put together a superb looking book using the ornate leatherwork she's known for. This would make the book something completely different than a binded copy. Maybe make the size even larger so a hand could actually fit on the codex page (since I'm without my copy, not sure what the actual size is, but guessing it's similar to the other BK's we are familiar with.) My final thoughts also are in agreement that another version should NOT have "second edition" anywhere on it. Cost should be high so the curious would refrain and price would also cover any premium limited edition redesign/materials. Using tracking with delivery confirmation signature on all orders would be wise too. Bobby, it's clear you have good intentions to think this out carefully, and I respect that - but you are not going to please everyone (however you decide.) Again, I say release a special edition.

CHRIS
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
It is my point of view that since bobby is having to replace a lot of lost books that he has to pay for out of his own pocket that he should be able to pint another run to pay for that unforeseen expense. he deserves to make a profit as is anyone doing this. if he loses money on this work why on earth would he want to create more? in this spirit I will support him as he has proven not only to offer fair prices but awesome customer service. Bobby has earned much respect here now.
AttnPls
View Profile
Special user
554 Posts

Profile of AttnPls
Agreed. Bobby's attention to customer service has been truly admirable. He deserves to be supported and encouraged to keep up the excellent work.
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
For the next release will be nice a moleskine kind of diary with an inner pocket with an old envelope in it maybe not aged this time kind of personal diary with drawing etc... Just a thought Smile
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1780 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Bobby, I support you in whatever route you choose. I get to open my C0dex in the morning...

Merry Christmas,

David
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
NYC
752 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
I would LOVE a shot at a second edition (however, PLEASE leave "Second Edition" OFF the front cover. Please please?)

The only thing I would add is that I really did fall in love with the overall look of the first printing. The cloth bound just really lends itself to a beautiful aging process (much like GH*ST)

My suggestion would be to change the overall color scheme but keep the build the same. It would be much easier, I suspect, since this is what Bobby has already had practice producing and aging. Less trial and error, ya know?

Either way, I hope to have the opportunity my good man!

Merry Christmas to all!
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
phillipsart
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
310 Posts

Profile of phillipsart
I would love a copy of the book.

If you could give as some lead time, ETA. And price, I can make sure I have the money available as soon it's available.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » C0DEX V3NEFICIUM (19 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15~16~17~18~19..23~24~25 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL