The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » C0DEX V3NEFICIUM (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23~24~25 [Next]
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Anyone who has any material to contribute, it is now or never. I will be working on this over the next week or so. Please pm me or Bobby.
Taveren001
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
174 Posts

Profile of Taveren001
Wow, looks like I really missed the ship on purchasing this beauty. I will have to keep viewing Bobby's site to check on his next possible release. (This is what I get for letting real life work interfere with my passion!)
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Definitely I suggest you (and all) regularly check in with Bobby and his site,....as a little ravenesque birdie tells me it will not be too long before something wonderful will arise in Phoenix...!
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
Daisydog
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of Daisydog
I really like my little Codex book. I would definitely buy another one, if a new one comes out.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Quote:
On Jul 12, 2014, bobbyhasbun wrote:
Brynmore is helping me compile/edit the PDF. Thanks again for the interest guys. There won't be a lot of material in the PDF but it will all be top quality. To all of you who purchased it second-hand, send me a PM with your email address. Thanks!

Awesome, pm sent, looking forward to it Smile
ZoOpDoG
View Profile
Veteran user
All the cool people have
311 Posts

Profile of ZoOpDoG
Wow, was I ever just embarrassed. After pitching codex as a rare out of print book a customer held up his phone to show me that not only was I not telling the truth but that the website says 25 copys are being printed. My copy is now going up for sale in the for sale section as it will never be used by me again. Very dissapointed. This is not the position I expected to be in when using a sold out limited edition item. It called into question everything I had done and said up to that point. That being the point they walked out. Unbelieveable. I would recommend this for a collector only.
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2014, ZoOpDoG wrote:
Wow, was I ever just embarrassed. After pitching codex as a rare out of print book a customer held up his phone to show me that not only was I not telling the truth but that the website says 25 copys are being printed. My copy is now going up for sale in the for sale section as it will never be used by me again. Very dissapointed. This is not the position I expected to be in when using a sold out limited edition item. It called into question everything I had done and said up to that point. That being the point they walked out. Unbelieveable. I would recommend this for a collector only.

I'm not exactly sure what the issue here is... You run a magic shop, correct? Someone called you on the fact that it's not sold out? It is sold out. That message is old. I tried to have my website person change it but he never did. I'll get on him tonight about it and have it changed by tonight. He took the PayPal button down and when you click on "click here to reserve a copy" it says "CODEX V HAS SOLD OUT" in big letters. I suppose the message below it should be removed though. When you google the name of the book you can't find it at all, so I'm assuming that the customer you were showing this to did magic as well. Have them send me an email or something, I'll explain it. Either way, I'll have the website state the fact that they've sold out more clearly. I'm sorry this was such a huge inconvenience for you. If you'd like a refund, just let me
know. I never thought this was being purchased to be resold in a retail magic shop. Had I known that, I would have been more serious about the website. I thought everyone that purchased these things was for personal use. Stupid of me to assume, I suppose. Either way, I'm very sorry for the inconvenience and if there's anything at all I can do to make this better, let me know. Thanks Smile
ZoOpDoG
View Profile
Veteran user
All the cool people have
311 Posts

Profile of ZoOpDoG
My shop is more occult shop than magic shop. These were not customers here to buy magic. Customers who buy magic at a shop are typically 14 and under and not in the market for these items. It comes up immediatly when you google the name of the book as does magic Café.
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
Someone posted it as trick of the year. I sent many PMs to have it removed and it never was. As far as google, I just checked and you're right. I had been checking by putting quotes around the phrase. I don't understand why, so I'll just delete everything about the book from the website. So you were trying to sell the book to a non-magician? I was probably just confused by the term "customer" but
I understand now, I think. Either way, I'll make it a point to have the Café remove that person's post again and the website will be erased of the book by tonight. Thanks again and let me know if there's anything else I can do.
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
Update: I've re-reported the posts about the book on the Café that mention the full title. The website is currently having any remnant of the book removed.
ZoOpDoG
View Profile
Veteran user
All the cool people have
311 Posts

Profile of ZoOpDoG
I was not selling the book. I was performing the book. Customer meaning someone who came into my shop and asked for fortune telling. I am just going back to stratight up tarot. I can't have stuff like that happen.
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
Ok. Well, the site is fixed (may take a few minutes to catch up) and the posts are reported. All I can do now is apologize.
morgaine_le_fey
View Profile
Veteran user
Montreal, Canada
391 Posts

Profile of morgaine_le_fey
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2014, ZoOpDoG wrote:
I was not selling the book. I was performing the book. Customer meaning someone who came into my shop and asked for fortune telling. I am just going back to stratight up tarot. I can't have stuff like that happen.

I sympathise with you Zoop: this would be my nightmare in the flesh!
Especially these days when everyone is online all the time, they have permanent access to background even as we try to establish rapport.
So yeah, while we're busy trying to suspend it, they have their disbelief checked and confirmed!

Better wait a couple of months before reintroducing the codex.
And even then try to mask the title and all pages naming it.

Courage

xxx Morgaine Smile
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
I'm doing everything I can to make this right.

The site is fixed and 1 of 2 of the Café posts is already down. The other post will be down ASAP. Thanks for understanding, guys.
morgaine_le_fey
View Profile
Veteran user
Montreal, Canada
391 Posts

Profile of morgaine_le_fey
Oh Bobby, please don't take offence at my comment Smile: as a palmreader, this book is OPEN all the time during my readings, so I've never had ANY issues.
But when it does happen (be it like what happened to Zoop or when something else fails) the ground beneath your feet just vanishes...

Thanks for all your efforts to make the codex as waterproof as possible.Smile

xxx Morgaine
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2014, morgaine_le_fey wrote:
Oh Bobby, please don't take offence at my comment Smile: as a palmreader, this book is OPEN all the time during my readings, so I've never had ANY issues.
But when it does happen (be it like what happened to Zoop or when something else fails) the ground beneath your feet just vanishes...

Thanks for all your efforts to make the codex as waterproof as possible.Smile

xxx Morgaine

None taken! And you're welcome Smile I'll have it all cleared up very shortly. Almost done!
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Thanks, Bobby !
You have provided Great Customer Service, every step of the way on release of Code* V .
And, still your are doing the same ! Smile

Looking forward to your next release, whatever that shall be !

~G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
ZoOpDoG
View Profile
Veteran user
All the cool people have
311 Posts

Profile of ZoOpDoG
Bobby is and always has been very helpful. I appreciate the things he does.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
I've had the opportunity to examine both the heavily and lightly aged versions of the Codex.

I think they are both equally good. The only reason one might prefer one over the other would be the backstory they are choosing to use. For example, the lightly aged version could be from the estate sale of a local wiccan. The heavily aged version could have been found amongst the belongings of a mysterious hermit in the woods.

For reasons I and others have stated on the Café, I don't think the book can be credibly passed off as being from the 19th century. I don't see this as a problem, though. As I've said before, I don't think an object has to necessarily be old in order to be magical.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Impressive service Bobby. It's always nice to see a passionate creator stand by her or his creation.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » C0DEX V3NEFICIUM (19 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23~24~25 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL