The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » C0DEX V3NEFICIUM (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..11..14..17..20..23~24~25 [Next]
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
Thanks Bobby! I couldn't resist anymore and put my order in too! And another PM when you have the time haha
Brynmore13
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
485 Posts

Profile of Brynmore13
Woot, well that is at least two going to Oz. From the east coast to the west coast baby.
All is perceived through the gate of the mind.
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
That's 3 in Australia now; you guys rock!
WitchesHat
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of WitchesHat
If anyone sucks at maths like I do and wants to get some practice in before the book arrives,

http://www.random.org/dice/?num=5

Sixes and repeated numbers are ignored, fives are also ignored for the months so in the case of the link above the dice rolls are

4, 6, 3, 6, 6. So 4 (8) plus 3 (4) = 12 (Dec).

Another roll 2, 1, 2, 5, 2. So 2 plus 1 plus 5 (16) = 19.

Does that make sense?
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1433 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Opening the package with my copy of Codex V was like meeting an old friend, as I had read and re-read the PDF several times before it arrived. I was immediately struck by the excellent aged appearance...not too much or too little, but just the right amount for believability.

Discovering a spectator's exact date of birth surreptitiously is something of a holy grail for a mentalist or a cold reader. I've used different methods from Christian Chelman's Zodiac to Chris Hare's Birthday Detector and though all are very good, Bobby Hasbun's codex V is my new personal favorite. He has taken an old method and made its workings virtually invisible as well as interesting to the spectator.

There are so many possibilities in its use. Some are dark while others involve only a simple revelation. I want to present it as an interesting old book and have them go through the process, read and comment on the fortunes presented and then put it away and only then take out the cards and begin a reading. I can do the birthdate reveal as a finale to the read long after the book has been hidden away and any garden path forgotten.

I still love my beautiful aged Zodiac Chart screen-printed on canvas, but I no longer have to fish for the date or try to read marked cards to get the date. (I've tried so many marked decks but all are difficult to read and I much prefer readings by candlelight anyway).

Do I really need my Zodiac Chart anymore? Certainly not to find the birthdate, but its use adds much charm and combined with Codex V enhances the presentation for the sitter and I can let them shuffle the cards and lay them out themselves!

But this is just my personal method and each user will have his personal reasons for loving this book's straightforward and innocent approach to achieving its end. However you choose to use it (and there are so many suggestions in the PDF) it is truly a utility item and in my work will see much use!

This is another one of those items you wish you had exclusively to yourself, but since Bobby Hasbun has decided to release it I can only say buy it while it is still available.

Andre
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Mine arrived too today.

Its wonderful!

I won't go into detail as everyone else has praised it - this one has tons of potential.... as it can be used anywhere pretty much (well maybe not underwater...maybe)
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
Andre and Dr Spektor: thank you both so much for the kind words. I'm so happy that you guys enjoy the book as much as I do!

The books are now out of stock! The first 50 have been sold. If you're interested in buying a copy, reserve yours right away at http://www.codex-arcana.com before they sell out! I'm having the next 25 made as of two days ago. They should be in my hands and ready to age in 8-12 days.
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1760 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
...preordered...
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1144 Posts

Profile of caigy
With a recommendation from Dr. Spektor, I have just ordered my copy...really looking forward to receiving it!

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
https://virya-uk.com/
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
Quote:
On 2013-10-10 11:10, bobbyhasbun wrote:
That's 3 in Australia now; you guys rock!

No worries Bobby! Cant wait till it arrives now!!
Roni
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Roni
Bobby,
Don't make anymore!!!! I want to be alone with this book! Did you send my book?
Roni
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
Quote:
On 2013-10-12 09:44, Roni wrote:
Bobby,
Don't make anymore!!!! I want to be alone with this book! Did you send my book?
Roni
Buy them all, then! Smile As far as your order status, I just pm'd you
gypsyfish
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of gypsyfish
Durn it, I wasn't going to break down and buy it, but I have. Looking forward to receiving it. (And I understand they are being prepared, so, no rush.)
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
Quote:
On 2013-10-13 01:07, gypsyfish wrote:
Durn it, I wasn't going to break down and buy it, but I have. Looking forward to receiving it. (And I understand they are being prepared, so, no rush.)
I'm glad you decided to when you did; they're going fast! I will keep you updated on the status of your order (this applies to all pre-orderers).
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1345 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Glad I got in on the first batch; should be shipping soon! This was a total impulse buy for me (read this thread once and decided I had to have it), but looks to be a real worker. Thanks Bobby, and everyone who gave early reviews!
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2622 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
I believe mine is in the hopper, or (better yet) in the mail!! Smile
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
I believe mine has not been made,yet! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
Quote:
On 2013-10-13 16:32, afinemesh wrote:
I believe mine is in the hopper, or (better yet) in the mail!! Smile
Yessir Smile
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
Quote:
On 2013-10-13 16:39, Godzilla wrote:
I believe mine has not been made,yet! Smile
As soon as yours is ordered it will be made. Godzilla has reserved the final copy for himself Smile
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2622 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
All gone, cool! Smile
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » C0DEX V3NEFICIUM (19 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..11..14..17..20..23~24~25 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL