The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » C0DEX V3NEFICIUM (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21..23~24~25 [Next]
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On 2013-12-25 20:55, RCP wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-12-25 17:44, Dr Spektor wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir_Gawain_and_the_Green_Knight

But do as thy will

Explain please?

Explain? That would ruin it!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Doc tends to beat around the bush with allegories. Unless I'm mistaken, this is the point he is trying to make:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confucianism
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
The aged Codex I ordered in October is still M.I.A. In the meantime I've received a "lightly aged" version which Bobby sent to me for comparison purposes. As it stands now, obviously I have nothing to compare it to.

Looking at the lightly aged version, however, I wonder if additional aging is even necessary or wanted. To me, the pages with the hands and fortunes bear graphics and fonts that look decidedly modern. I also don't see any old-fashioned words or phrases that would lead anyone to believe this book has anything but contemporary origins. It might be self-defeating to try to pass this book off as being from the 1870s (the 1970s maybe).

This raises the question: why does "old" necessarily mean "magical?" Why can't the Codex have just as much power if I were to say I recently obtained it from a voodoo store in New Orleans or from a band of wandering Wiccans on a lonely country road? As Dr. Spektor mentioned in an earlier post, why discuss the book's age at all? Does it not only add to the mystery to say, "I have no idea how old it is or who wrote it but I've been told it possesses some unique qualities?"
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Some very good horror and fantasy fiction has some decidely modern settings and is still very effective, so I am inclined to agree. I like the idea that I just came across this book in a very mundane setting like a flea market, or second hand book store, however I later realised the book was anything but mundane.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
As for a revised version of the Codex, I have some definite ideas but, since they get too much into the nuts and bolts of the effect, I posted them down in the Crypt:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=221&0
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Mind Gorillia, I like your ideas.

Bobby's book is just kicking and screaming to be heard!!!!!

What a cool and magical tome. The book of life and death.

With a few convincing bits and the book will take on a magical presents and appear to be the real deal.

Ray
Yann SICAMOIS
View Profile
New user
Tourves, France
79 Posts

Profile of Yann SICAMOIS
Hello,

Due to recent heavy rains, I was worried that my book might not make it safely to France but it did and I'm very pleased to have it in my hands right now.
It is beautiful and I - very certainly - will order whatever comes next.

Cheers.
Yann SICAMOIS
spindoc
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of spindoc
I am pleased to say that mine has arrived as well.
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1528 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
If more are printed as a second edition with a different cover and those that have the first one want a second one then even more people will miss out because I'm sure several of us would want the second edition too. Lol. Rick's witch book has been around for years now and he's still selling them. I have yet to see someone perform with WA yet. I say just keep making them Bobby. Smile
Michael Clifton
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of Michael Clifton
A massive thank you to Bobby.. Credit is due when you make a complaint and it is dealt with in an exemplary
way..Back in November I wasn't happy with the ageing that I received my book in...rather than 'that's how they
come' attitude, Bobby worked to age a book to my requirements of which I have now received. He has even added
foxing to some of the pages as I requested. It now looks genuinely lightly aged, and appropriate to the fonts
used in the text..Well done Sir...you are a true gent. We all need to support people like Bobby to continue
serving our community with their work!!
Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right!
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
I agree Bobby is a true gntleman! I sent him some ideas for the next print Smile
Roni
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Roni
CODEX CLOTH
Ray Noble (Magical Dimensions) put out a great thing to accompany CODEX. It is an "Aged" looking cloth with two palms one pointing one way for the Magi to put his palm upon and one pointing the other way for the Spectator to put His/Hers palm upon. Between the two there is the snake that swallows his tail and within this circle are the dates of the month and the 12 months of the year
The idea is both you and the spectator put your palms on the cloth whilst the spectator holds a Pendulum above the snake concentrating on her birthdate and let the Pendulum do his work.
After a short while the "psychic" says that he has received enough info and does the reveal. Ray made a great job of the cloth that most definitely compliments Codex but much more than that it gives the performer the time to put the book aside and work the miracle. I am sure if you PM Ray he will let you have the details.
It is a great addition to Codex. One not to be missed.
Cheers
Roni
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
As,been said before!...Bobby,has given Great customer service!
My Codex V,got caught up in Postal issues...No fault of, Bobby.
It only made it to Texas! (I think it wanted to go to,RCP or Stoltz! Smile)
Bobby,went out of his way to resolve!

Thanks !

Gary
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
I have made a rather foolish error and I hope you guys can help me rectify it.

I carelessly posted the name of the CV book in the "Trick of the Year" thread here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......tart=150

I did this with good intentions, hoping Bobby would get the recognition he deserves for his excellent product. However, I did not code the name and now it comes up on Google searches.

I can only apologise for this oversight.

Due to the weird way the Café works, I cannot edit my post. I have reported it, requesting that it be amended / deleted, but so far no action has been taken.

Please can I ask you guys to click the link above, find my post and press the "Report button" selecting "Exposure" and giving a short explanation of what is wrong with the post.

Thanks in advance for your help. Hopefully if enough people complain about my post, something will be done.

Once again, sorry for the mistake. I hope you can see my intentions were good.
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
This book is wonderful! Just had today a psychic party and the performance and feedback was great!
Thanks Booby for your work and great customer service!
Luca
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of MagiChrisMitch
Bobby,

WOW, this thread is approaching 27K views! I think it's safe to say, another 100 copies will once again sell out. My highest compliments on your book. Very well done and it's a keeper for me.

CHRIS
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
MatCult,

Reported as requested.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Ditto !
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Quote:
On 2014-01-09 15:16, Brynmore14 wrote:
MatCult,

Reported as requested.

Thanks for your help Brynmore & Godzilla. The post has now been edited by hands unseen. Hopefully Google will update in the next few days and we can go back to blissful secrecy...
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Roni,
I am glad that you like the cloth that I made for you and I really LOVE your CODEX routine that you shared with me. It adds a new element to the overall feel of using this book.

Matcult, I am glad that the name was removed from the other thread.

Best
Ray
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » C0DEX V3NEFICIUM (19 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..17~18~19~20~21..23~24~25 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL