The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » C0DEX V3NEFICIUM (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..21~22~23~24~25 [Next]
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1812 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
I've just done a google search on this and the only thread that comes up is in mentally speaking and is only a few posts long. This thread doesn't mention the full name but rather the standard abrieviation we use:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......tart=0#3

I have tried an image search and get no pictures of the C.V.

Bobby's site comes up but does not contain the name of the book in question.

You actaully seem to get far more hits on unrekated, genuine occult works.

Am I missing something? Is my experience consistent with the results others get when they search?

If so, we seem to have a good deal of plausible deniability.

In related news, the updated pdf is nearing completion.
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1763 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Bobby, if you send me a PM with the actual link to the post, I can edit it per your specifications. Just let me know.

I'm happy to do this for anyone.

David
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2014, David Eichler wrote:
Bobby, if you send me a PM with the actual link to the post, I can edit it per your specifications. Just let me know.

I'm happy to do this for anyone.

David

Thank you David! Just pm'd you. I really appreciate it.
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
912 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
I have found Bobby's customer service, follow-up and merchant integrity to be "above and beyond" in all dealings.
Can't wait to see his next creation!
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
Quote:
On Jul 31, 2014, DocBenWiz wrote:
I have found Bobby's customer service, follow-up and merchant integrity to be "above and beyond" in all dealings.
Can't wait to see his next creation!

Thank you Doc Ben! Just an update: Thanks to David Eichler, it's all taken care of. Website's clean too. Now we can all go back to our Lovecraftian ceremonies Smile
Daisydog
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Daisydog
I took my book to Malcesine in lake garda to a pals wedding. Late on at night, I unleashed it on some of the guests. It was great fun giving out readings to several guests. Earlier on in the day I overheard one of the guests complaining about his sore knee that was giving him problems. Imagine his shock, when later on I took him through the routine and then told him that the book told me that he had knee problems which with treatment would soon clear up!!
Met him last week. He told me that since the wedding his knee was much improved. Placebo effect perhaps, but maybe the book really has the power......!!!!
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
661 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
Is this going to be released again?
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1264 Posts

Profile of reese
Seems not. not for this. But Mr. B. will release something else unique soon
I'm sure.
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
661 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2014, ZoOpDoG wrote:
Wow, was I ever just embarrassed. After pitching codex as a rare out of print book a customer held up his phone to show me that not only was I not telling the truth but that the website says 25 copys are being printed. My copy is now going up for sale in the for sale section as it will never be used by me again. Very dissapointed. This is not the position I expected to be in when using a sold out limited edition item. It called into question everything I had done and said up to that point. That being the point they walked out. Unbelieveable. I would recommend this for a collector only.

Are you actually planning to sell it?
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1469 Posts

Profile of Darkness
That website is way out of date there are no more left...
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2014, Darkness wrote:
That website is way out of date there are no more left...

It's completely updated now! Quite a barren website now but removing the information about the book had to be done.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1560 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
I am thankful to have obtained a 2nd hand one as I missed the original release & very happy to have this awesome CV ! Smile
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1264 Posts

Profile of reese
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2014, Lucien Astor wrote:
Quote:
Wow, was I ever just embarrassed. After pitching codex as a rare out of print book a customer held up his phone to show me that not only was I not telling the truth but that the website says 25 copys are being printed. My copy is now going up for sale in the for sale section as it will never be used by me again. Very dissapointed. This is not the position I expected to be in when using a sold out limited edition item. It called into question everything I had done and said up to that point. That being the point they walked out. Unbelieveable. I would recommend this for a collector only.

Alas... I bought it.
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1469 Posts

Profile of Darkness
It is a book that does not come up for sale often because its that good. Bobby thanks for removing information on it. Many people believe its ok to keep special items in the public domain spotlight forever for no apparent gain. If its sold out and one of the true great effects of all time then it should be guarded by the community. I know I keep saying it but Im an elitist, ha, not really, Im just logical.
RandyScott
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of RandyScott
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2014, reese wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2014, Lucien Astor wrote:
Quote:

Alas... I bought it.

Nice catch Reese.

If I remember correctly, Bobby never had the full name of the book on his website.
He went to great lengths to guard the secrets.

Someone posted the full name of the book here on the Café (I believe it was a review of the book/effect).
Not only did they post the full name of the book, but they posted a link to Bobby's website.

Not much you can do about that. It even happened to one of Prof BC's books - Phantoms. Someone actually posted the title of the book.

It's unfortunate what happened to ZoopDog. That's possible with any bizarre effect. We need to monitor ourselves.
ZoopDog had a good run using codex....and then made a nice profit selling it to Reese.
I'm sure Reese will have a great time with this incredible effect.

I have no fear of using codex. It's a great effect.
I can't wait to see Bobby's next release.

Hey Bobby, I want to pre-order your next release - whatever it is!
Send me a PM.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5941 Posts

Profile of george1953
I have a copy of Phantoms for sale, I will be posting it in let's make a deal soon..
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1469 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Im all for buying anything Bobby puts out. That book is one of the best I have, its worth the second hand prices we are seeing and more. If its super limited and its a classic then congrats to those who own and use it. Im glad you agree we need to remind ourselves to be careful up here its easy to slip. Its also easy for those who don't own it to not be as concerned.
ZoOpDoG
View Profile
Veteran user
All the cool people have
311 Posts

Profile of ZoOpDoG
"ZoopDog had a good run using codex....and then made a nice profit selling it to Reese.
I'm sure Reese will have a great time with this incredible effect."

I did not make a profit on it. I broke even. I had custom work done on the book. I think you will be very happy with it. Tracking shows it arriving thursday. (going from coast to coast) I think Bobby is a great guy and I'm sure everyone appreciates him getting that info down. I think any item that is limited and sold out should be taken down and tracks erased if possible. I would definitely buy from BH again and I very much liked the book. Im sure it will serve its new owner well. I am in a fixed location and have repeat customers. Once something gets called out at that level - I am not able to use it anymore as I am no longer confident in my presentation around it. I never know if that person is gonna come in again or be part of another group that comes in. I could have retired it to my house but that is no place for something so many others would actively enjoy.
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1469 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2014, ZoOpDoG wrote:
I think any item that is limited and sold out should be taken down and tracks erased if possible.

Agreed!
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Not sure the answer, but there needs to be an archive too...
What if all info is erased, a 100 yrs. from now a CV (insert name) is found.

Never to be known, what item is or used for ?

Or, must we take secrets to our graves... Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » C0DEX V3NEFICIUM (19 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..21~22~23~24~25 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL