We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Best book by Kaufman (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

danielchua
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
119 Posts

Profile of danielchua
He has published and authored many books. which is the best? It's a matter of opinion. Just share them.....
martin56
View Profile
New user
Italy
20 Posts

Profile of martin56
The Collected Almanac
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4395 Posts

Profile of Paul
I don't have the book version of the above, just the magazine, but I would think it has to be in the running for best. Another to consider is "Card Craft".

Close behind perhaps "Kaufman's Coin Magic", "Strong Magic", "Effortless Card Magic", "Complete Works of Derek Dingle".

Tough choice.

Paul.
mattpuglisi
View Profile
Veteran user
Queens, NY
321 Posts

Profile of mattpuglisi
I'll second "The Collected Almanac"'s place at Number One.

I would say that all of his other books are tied for Number Three (since to say that they are all Number Two would be offensive and false).
Lack of invention is the mother of necessity - Robert Nozick

Instagram: @matthewthomas00
jazzman
View Profile
New user
manchester, UK
68 Posts

Profile of jazzman
Collected Almanac, Secrets of Bro John Hamman and Complete Works of Derek Dingle are too close to call. They are all essential.
therntier
View Profile
Special user
681 Posts

Profile of therntier
Quote:
On 2003-12-16 16:33, mattpuglisi wrote:
I'll second "The Collected Almanac"'s place at Number One.

I would say that all of his other books are tied for Number Three (since to say that they are all Number Two would be offensive and false).

Matt, you've always spoke so highly of The Collected Works of Dingle, I had assume this would be at the top of your list. It makes me wonder what it is that can be found in the Almanac that allows it to eclipse Dingles.

Trevor
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
I really enjoyed the "Five Times Five" series put out by Kaufman... Too bad there were only two.

S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3261 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Quote:
On 2003-12-16 17:15, jazzman wrote:
Collected Almanac, Secrets of Bro John Hamman and Complete Works of Derek Dingle are too close to call. They are all essential.

I'll second that, with Secrets of Brother John Hamman first, Complete Works of Derek Dingle second, and Collected Almanac on third place.

Peo
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
danielchua
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
119 Posts

Profile of danielchua
Is it due to the fact that Hamman's has more card effects?
Quote:
On 2003-12-16 18:44, Peo Olsson wrote:
Quote:

I'll second that, with Secrets of Brother John Hamman first, Complete Works of Derek Dingle second, and Collected Almanac on third place.

Peo
Ben721
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ben721
Collected Almanac for great routines, amount of routiens, and value of cost. That would be my favorite book over all and the one I like to read the most.
Check out my new effect "As Good As It Gets" a gimmickles pencil or pen through bill effect. It closely mimmicks the slow motion phase of "Misled." About "As Good AS It Gets" for no gimmicks and everything being borrowed.
http://www.magic-notes.com/th
Ed Oschmann
View Profile
Special user
Lake Worth FL
901 Posts

Profile of Ed Oschmann
The Collected Almanac for sure. I thought that Steel and Silver was a beautifully done book.
Ed
danielchua
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
119 Posts

Profile of danielchua
Read its briefing that it contains on 50% of card staff..maybe that's why is not on many people's top position......
Gerben
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
36 Posts

Profile of Gerben
I think I'll go for Strong Magic
Though all other books I own by him (all three Smile ) are good
huangja
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of huangja
Quote:

I second this list.
danielchua
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
119 Posts

Profile of danielchua
Any threads that shows a comparision on Hamman and Dingle?
andre combrinck
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
953 Posts

Profile of andre combrinck
I like David Roth's Expert Coin Magic,Smoke and Mirrors and the 2 Now you see it... books aren't bad.
Andre
ajcombri@telkomsa.net
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
Just checked out Kaufman through the free library on-line catalog...

"Complete works of Derek Dingle", reserved for my pick up.

I love the free library!! Give to yours till it hurts!
stevenamills
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of stevenamills
Quote:
On 2003-12-16 06:54, danielchua wrote:
He has published and authored many books. which is the best? It's a matter of opinion. Just share them.....

I'm a huge fan and have most everything he's done. I, also, agree the "Collected Almanac" is at the top.

I will say, reluctantly that his passion and energy has decreased over the years and it tends to show. As a GENERAL rule, the earlier the better.

Later.....
Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Best book by Kaufman (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL