The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Fox Trap (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tantrik
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Tantrik
Is anybody doing this trick? It's the one where you open the springs on a fox trap and show how it works by sticking a pencil in it. The pencil is destroyed by the rapidly closing jaws of the trap. Then you repeat the same thing with your hand but are unharmed.

If you're doing it, what brand and model trap are you using?

TIA
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20508 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I am very familiar with this stunt. Hank Moorehouse sold this prop around 1980.

I do not recommend it. It uses a real steel trap that has just been chromed for stage. It is not gimmicked and depends entirely upon physics, not skill. Children and people with small hands should always avoid it because it will indeed break individual fingers. It is made for a large man's hand. You can receive very serious injuries from just cocking it.

For my money, even a bullet catch is safer and certainly a better stunt. As a stunt it is too short, anticlimactic and hard to routine.

It does not leave a very lasting impact on an audience. It doesn't impress people who know traps at all because they expect that result. People who don't know traps, still don't know traps. They don't know what they saw. I can't imagine anyone paying to see it or ever wanting to see it again. Save your money for something else that is safer and more effective.

If you are still not convenced, contact Gary Goff in Little Rock, Arkansas. He used to perform it. His prop may be for sale. Don't be surprised if he tells you that there are plenty of better stunts for the money out there. He knows. He spent his money.

Good Luck!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Fox Trap (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL