The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » RIP Tom Clancy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
The renowned author of Patriot Games, The Hunt for Red October, et al, has passed away today at age 66. Too young. May he rest in peace.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2013-10-02 11:26, mastermindreader wrote:
The renowned author of Patriot Games, The Hunt for Red October, et al, has passed away today at age 66. Too young. May he rest in peace.

It was yesterday, it was just announced today. Just saying. RIP.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Hunt for Red October gave me much, much pleasure. The other books less so, but I still thought much of Clancy. And yes, 66 is too young. RIP, Tom.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2013-10-02 11:35, balducci wrote:
Quote:

Thank you for the correction. I just heard it on the news this morning and they didn't give a time of death.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Vince Flynn died this year in his 40s!

Each very young.

I hate to admit that after Red October Clancy got too wordy for me. Sum of All Fears was almost like a text book when it was in hard cover!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
"Red Storm Rising" has been a book I have returned to over and over throughout the years. RIP.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Good author.

RIP Mr. Clancy. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Loved a lot of his stuff. I was hooked on him for several years. Way too young to go. RIP
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2013-10-02 11:59, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-10-02 11:35, balducci wrote:
Quote:

Thank you for the correction. I just heard it on the news this morning and they didn't give a time of death.

As @TeaPartyCat tweeted:

"Tom Clancy dead at 66. The first victim of Obamacare Death Panels. Never forget."

http://inagist.com/all/385418111065030656/

Let me note that @TeaPartyCat is associated with a satirical political site:

http://winkprogress.com/author/teapartycat/

In other words ... it's a joke. Smile
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Quote:

I really enjoyed some of the Tom Clancy movies and his book "The Hunt For Red October." May he Rest in Peace.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
satellite23
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of satellite23
Don't forget--he was a big name in video games, too. EndWar and Ghost Recon just to name a few.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » RIP Tom Clancy (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL