The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Tutankhamon Sarcophagus (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Makus
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of Makus
I've seen in a shop a beautiful Tutankhamon sarcophagus in resin (type of hard plastic) material: inside it was a well realized resin mummy.
The "toy" was fine and I thought about it: "What kind of magic can I do with this thing?"

I decided to buy the toy, and I decided to use it for something very simple: an old "magic principle", which is NOT the "magician's choice".

I describe only the routine and one possible ending: the method is really so obvious.

I take from a wallet and put over the silk five different cards; I speak about psychology and show a statistic, which describes which cards are normally selected, and I say that the possible selection depends also from the sex and the age of the spectator and so on...

But (I add)... everything changes if there is something "supernatural" in between: and I show, for the first time, the Tutankhamon Sarcophagus, whose influence is unkown in its details, but real!

The spectators choose then freely a card, and one possible ending is that I show that the sarcophagus contains only a dead body, the mummy, but the spirit of the Pharaon still lives... I take a small skull and let one of the spectators move the skull over the cards: when the skull reaches the selected card, it begins to laugh and to light up! (I've bought actually this cheap and funny skull-prop without any precise purpose...)

I suppose this routine is more suitable for children, but I find the tale of the spirit of the dead Pharaon inside the skull is not bad: the Pharaon forces the choice of the spectators!

If you have any other suggestion about how I can utilize my "Sarchophagus", I'll be glad to read it! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Tutankhamon Sarcophagus (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL