We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE HAUNTED DOLL - ROGUE AND SYSTEM 6 (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..15..20..25..30..35..38~39~40 [Next]
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Dr. Van Van Mojo
Got mine, love it. With the rush to get them out they forgot to pack my bonus. Smile Looks and works great. The gimmick, while not completely invisible is well hidden. Good instructional dvd. You can believe the ad and claims made here by Six and Devonte and the praise from other purchasers.

The only criticism I have is with the dvd. It jumps back to the menu after each section plays, which is kind of annoying. Also, you can't scroll through the menu to play a certain section because it doesn't highlight or indicate which menu item you are on. It's a short dvd that I probably won't view again so I would have preferred a download to bring the price down some.

Any chance of offering just the doll a little cheaper for owners of the dvd that want a backup or replacement?
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2932 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
On 2013-10-27 05:33, Dr. Van Van Mojo wrote:
Got mine, love it. With the rush to get them out they forgot to pack my bonus. Smile Looks and works great. The gimmick, while not completely invisible is well hidden. Good instructional dvd. You can believe the ad and claims made here by Six and Devonte and the praise from other purchasers.

The only criticism I have is with the dvd. It jumps back to the menu after each section plays, which is kind of annoying. Also, you can't scroll through the menu to play a certain section because it doesn't highlight or indicate which menu item you are on. It's a short dvd that I probably won't view again so I would have preferred a download to bring the price down some.

Any chance of offering just the doll a little cheaper for owners of the dvd that want a backup or replacement?

Great prop! Yes, the DVD took some time to navigate but after some fiddling I got to watch it. No big deal.
I'm very satisfied.....
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
Devontemagic
View Profile
New user
New York
94 Posts

Profile of Devontemagic
Oh Man Sorry to hear that, Perhaps it is Time...for the new and improved Doll.... hehe Smile
Quote:
On 2013-10-27 00:32, Decomposed wrote:
Reading all this caused me to take Wickerman out of his coffin tonight before my annual gig. I broke it out and travled with him to my strolling grounds. Well, the gimmick broke at the worst possible moment! I was bummed. I certainly hope the gimmick (pretty sure it is or my Café brothers would have said it was not) is made better in the Doll. I had a beautiful set up and my presentation after so many presentations in the past is set in stone. All I needed was Mr Wicker to perform at his best and he let me down. I had to go into emergency messures and use fire and suggestion but I should not have to work that hard for 3 hrs hoofing. Don't know what to do with him now. Afterall he is made of straw and needs a heart and a gimmick. Or is it courage? I forget that 1939 movie. Basically not even a decent burial, trash heap he goes.

Decomposing Broken Gimmick Smile

Hey. Van Van Private Message me the name you ordered under, and we will make sure to follow up on something special.... The Rush Delivery had a Toll on us ;/

As for the DVD Menu...This I am afraid this is 100% my fault/responsibility. Don't have much to say rather than THANK YOU for taking your time to give us Feedback on how we can go from being a Good Company to a GREAT company. I will do my best to better structure the Menu, but I am happy LOTS of people, Found the Material Useful.

Lastly, In reference to your streaming question. I think we can definitely upload a streaming option, But with the outrageous (piracy) that is affecting the magic world, protection of our streaming/downloads cost just as much as the DVD. We Are actually Launching Our STREAMING OPTION for the FIRST time in SYSTEM 6 in the following Weeks... (Little secret) We'll be doing some great FREE Downloads for the first 100 people to sign up... Smile
Quote:
On 2013-10-27 05:33, Dr. Van Van Mojo wrote:

Posted: Oct 27, 2013 1:25pm
UPDATE: FOR OUR INTERNATIONAL ORDERS

We have received a HUGE amount of international orders and for this we are Greatly Appreciative. We Happy to say that we have one of the Cheapest International Rates available online...Many of you are anxious about finally receiving the Haunted Doll, As are we. But unfortunately standard International Shipping Only guarantees Delivery in 6 to 10 business days*. We have done our best to bring the price down, as we mentioned but we cannot speed up the Delivery Date...UNLESS you guys upgrade to Faster Shipping. We want our all International Supporters to know that we value you guys just as much as our U.S supporters and that we have done our absolute best to get your Packages out, in the time we received your order. We Thank you for your patience,

Love, Hugs, and AppleSauce

- Devonte
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3746 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Just got back from our chidlren's school's Halloween party. I did The Haunted Doll a half dozen times and it got terrific reactions. It was also a very good trick to do silently or with minimum talking due to the loud music being played. Highly rcommended.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Trekdad
View Profile
Elite user
Telford, PA
445 Posts

Profile of Trekdad
Received mine, and I can't add much more than what's already been said by way of praise for this product and the efforts of you guys for getting these dolls made and the packages mailed out as promised before Halloween.

Don't tell my other haunted/okito/voodoo dolls, but this will be replacing them in performances.
Barnhardt: You have tested this theory?
Klaatu: I find it works well enough to get me from one planet to the next.
The Day the Earth Stood Still
oly92
View Profile
New user
Paris (FRANCE)
83 Posts

Profile of oly92
Thanks Devonte.
I will update you as soon I get it.

Olivier
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1486 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Got to use mine Saturday & Sat nite within a full sequence of effects surrounding a Witches theme & it was GREAT (the Haunted Doll)!! I was doing it for a few kids testing the waters & had a couple take the doll,.....I was a little nervous when they did, but they looked it over placed it in they're flat hand trying to make it stand up repeating what I said to make it stand......& nothing...LoL. I told them that it holds special powers & if they touch it, it would no longer have them.

I re chanted another verse & "re instated" the powers that be, then performing it again......the stared at it completely puzzled ! LoL
Even had one person there came up after & stated to me they did a little magic & also used I.T. as he noticed the thread around the arms of doll ( of course thinking IT ), I said what I.T. I re did it for him after very well making sure he checked & saw there was NO thread hook ups or magnets........Doll rose up, he checked it again, eyes opened very wide & said "HOLY CRAP" ! Left him silently standing there completely complex-ed !!!!

& the fun has only just started !! So happy that you guys busted butt to get this to us in time for me to use Saturday & Mind Twist !!
A truck load of Applesauce to you 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can see myself buying another as a spare, not as a replacement as this seems very well made, but because I can see using it soooo much I may wear it out if that's possible !?! I consider this one of the top four Best of 2013 effects I've invested in !!
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
WooHoo, just placed my order.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11989 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2013-10-28 19:16, Merlinsmagic wrote:
Got to use mine Saturday & Sat nite within a full sequence of effects surrounding a Witches theme & it was GREAT (the Haunted Doll)!! I was doing it for a few kids testing the waters & had a couple take the doll,.....I was a little nervous when they did, but they looked it over placed it in they're flat hand trying to make it stand up repeating what I said to make it stand......& nothing...LoL. I told them that it holds special powers & if they touch it, it would no longer have them.

I re chanted another verse & "re instated" the powers that be, then performing it again......the stared at it completely puzzled ! LoL
Even had one person there came up after & stated to me they did a little magic & also used I.T. as he noticed the thread around the arms of doll ( of course thinking IT ), I said what I.T. I re did it for him after very well making sure he checked & saw there was NO thread hook ups or magnets........Doll rose up, he checked it again, eyes opened very wide & said "HOLY CRAP" ! Left him silently standing there completely complex-ed !!!!

& the fun has only just started !! So happy that you guys busted butt to get this to us in time for me to use Saturday & Mind Twist !!
A truck load of Applesauce to you 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can see myself buying another as a spare, not as a replacement as this seems very well made, but because I can see using it soooo much I may wear it out if that's possible !?! I consider this one of the top four Best of 2013 effects I've invested in !!

Very interesting. I don't think I ever let the spec hold the straw man after the presentation. Yeah they always think I.T., especially the kiddies.
Devontemagic
View Profile
New user
New York
94 Posts

Profile of Devontemagic
UPDATE: So Some of our Pre-Orders were left without a "Full Performances Section" on there DVD's. Though Rogue does it in the trailer, and in the explanation, many of you have asked for it. So instead of making excuses, We listened to you and here is a Spooky Montage of Full Performances by Rogue out on the street Smile You'll also Note, that like Merlinsmagic said. People look at the doll and see absolutely nothing.

Click and Share Below Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyFML5rAnhQ

Love, Hugs and AppleSauce

-Devonte
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Smile Smile Smile

System 6, the GREATEST system Team since systems 3,4 and 5!!

barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1339 Posts

Profile of barts185
I did not have the prior versions, so can't compare, but will say that I -REALLY- like this one.

Practiced with it for a few days and then took it out last night and the reaction was great!

Regarding the comments above about IT - I could easily see myself thinking that IT was involved if I didn't have this. I'm VERY glad that it's not IT.

While it's obviously too early to tell, I think this will last a long, long time.
Devontemagic
View Profile
New user
New York
94 Posts

Profile of Devontemagic
HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE..We Come baring Tricky News, and Treats Smile So we have had a Hec of a week getting these dolls made to perfection. The Tricky news, is that in a Perfect World, we would have loved to have the Haunted Doll Release in early October, and had it arrive to everyone before Halloween. As you all know we did our best to get the first batch of U/S order into your hands. As for my International Folks, you guys have been priority this entire week. Now on to the Treats, We will be Officially Releasing the Haunted Doll as of November 1st (Tomorrow). Keep in Mind that this is not ONLY a great Halloween effect but a great effect in almost any event; Not to mention it's not another card trick Smile **And we Love Card Magic** We will begin shipping ALL the Pre-Orders First,followed by all future purchases in the order that we receive them. We are also Releasing a NEW DVD Called 3 Way...Which includes a compilation of Original card effects. This DVD, includes the highly anticipated Sandwich Routine by Wei Ding, which Eric Jones says "is his Absolute New Favorite Sandwich to perform"

Love. Hugs, and Applesauce

-Devonte Smile
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1731 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Didn't received any shipment notification since a week, is it normal ? Smile

can't wait Smile
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
mndude
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of mndude
I've just placed an order. I'll be giving my reviews shortly...
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11989 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I WANT ONE! How long does USA delivery take Devonte? Smile
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Unfortunately mine didn't make it to Holland in time for Halloween, but no big deal.
He'll get here when he gets here.

Oh and he's bringing his twin brother with him.
I ordered two Smile

Steve
SociallyAwkwardPenguin
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of SociallyAwkwardPenguin
Quote:
On 2013-10-27 13:13, Devontemagic wrote:

Lastly, In reference to your streaming question. I think we can definitely upload a streaming option, But with the outrageous (piracy) that is affecting the magic world, protection of our streaming/downloads cost just as much as the DVD.

The DVD content is useless without the prop though so it doesn't matter if someone pirates it.

I'd go as far as to deliberately put the DVD on piracy sites as it would increase sales of the prop.
Devontemagic
View Profile
New user
New York
94 Posts

Profile of Devontemagic
ATTENTION: International Pre Sales, We thank you for your patience as you know it took us a little longer than expected, but you will still be receiving before the actual Sale Dates. (Shhh! we may be slipped in a little something something extra for you guys Smile "Those who act fast, laugh last" - Totally made this up

Alex DLF : Don't worry Alex we've got you covered, you'll receive a notification later today Smile

Decomposed : Standard Free shipping Is about 3-5 But A little secret is (we do surprise upgrades to 2 days * when possible

Stephen Young : Hang tight for your two little guys, ...having a back up is great as we don't know if this Doll become limited edition (due to the Handmade process)

And Lastly,

SociallyAwkwardPenguin: In context what I was saying about piracy is that Many Companies, like Vanishing Inc, Murphy's, and ourselves have invested in coding each download with hidden watermarks, that allow traceable links to the purchaser. The point I wanted to make, was intended to explain why Downloads/ Streaming are not necessarily "less expensive" than DVDs. But you are right, in this case even if it did get pirated, you would still need the doll Smile . Not sure if we would go as far as posting it up on Torrent sites, I genuinely believe that it will reach its intended audience with word of mouth.

Love, Hugs and Applesauce

- Devonte
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3462 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Thanks for the update Devonte... mine didn't make it to Canada in time for Halloween but still looking forward to working with it. Have long been a fan of the Okito doll and other variations.... sounds like this will be a new favorite.

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE HAUNTED DOLL - ROGUE AND SYSTEM 6 (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..15..20..25..30..35..38~39~40 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.35 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL