The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE HAUNTED DOLL - ROGUE AND SYSTEM 6 (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..20..25..30..35..38~39~40 [Next]
Dallas Robbins
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Dallas Robbins
Here's the box I'm likely going to use along with the doll once I arrives.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/108219516@N08/

I've had it for over ten years, knowing I'd use it for an effect some day, but never finding the right use. I think I picked it up in a thrift shop, so I have no idea who made it or where more can be found. No manufacturing details on the box anywhere unfortunately. I think I might use Merlinsmagic idea and also wrap up the doll inside the box.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14040 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Looks like a BUNCH of us are chomping at the bits, and can hardly WAIT to add this to our magical armamentarium.

I'm anxiously checking my mailbox every day. It's going to seem like an eternity.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1442 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Dallas, that is a super cool box !! Ya I love thrift & Salvation Army shops, I find all kinds of old wooden boxes that I re-purpose to put certain magic effects in. I have a medium supply of different sized boxes that I find, age & hold on to & always find the perfect item to put it in for presentations.

I also grab nice (& even worn) small & med silverware wood boxes & remove the cloth and dividers inside = awesome box for larger effects !
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland! Back home and Thrilled!
1040 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Man I soooooo can't wait 4 mine! Excellent thread with great ideas. Reminds me of putting together my Whitestar effect.

I went to Haiti for the earthquake recovery efforts. Obviously this can play very well with me "finding" this while there. I do have some cool Haitian statue rock pieces that I can have out with it.

Thanks everyone. This is cool!!!!!!
djefvulen
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of djefvulen
What are the dimensons of the doll? I guess it's varies a bit, but roughly? I'm looking for an antique box to put him in Smile.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Could a hypnosis routine be used with this?

Regards,
Mike
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1442 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Quote:
On 2013-11-09 15:51, djefvulen wrote:
What are the dimensons of the doll? I guess it's varies a bit, but roughly? I'm looking for an antique box to put him in Smile.

About 2 1/2" wide x 3 1/4" tall. Best to find a box that has an interior usable area of 3" x 4" especially if you use a burlap wrap as I did......
Try checking out Walgreens type places for small wooden trinked boxes that have pics of things like SF,Golden Gate bridge,forest,flowers,etc, sand off pic & clearcoating over it, stain & WaLaa !

I just did that with a couple I found at a thrift store. Burned, scratched a few images & dents in it,stained it looks great !
Will post a pic in a bit, this one will probably be going to Daff if he likes it Smile
KyleMarlett
View Profile
Special user
583 Posts

Profile of KyleMarlett
Hey guys

I just reviewed The Haunted Doll on the latest episode of Unwrapped

Take a look
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......start=30

-Kyle
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1442 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Nice review Kyle !

FYI - I started a new thread on presentation props like my box & wrap and performance routine ideas to share in Spookie;
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=14&0

I know this thread in L & G has sprouted more of a chat about the Haunted Doll than the rules were to allow, so I thought I'd start an appropriate thread in Spookie to keep it going over there & for those with less than 50 posts that can't go downstairs yet, as we are not discussing secrets in Spookie, just props & presentations ideas for our new beloved Haunted Doll Smile

-Hey mom & dad, I'm playing with a (haunted) doll & it's kewl ! LoL
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Well, the Haunted Doll passed the wife test. We've been together for over 32 years and I perform everything for her before before I go public with it. I give her every opportunity to discover my secrets. In this case, I allowed her to handle my Haunted Doll after I performed it for her. Her first 2 comments were Invisible Thread or magnets. I again performed it for her, she then cast aside her previous solutions of either thread or magnets and admitted she had no idea how it worked. Even after a much closer examination of the doll, she was not able to discover the Doll's secret.

So, I'm the happy owner of 2 Haunted Dolls, and perhaps 3 in the near future. Looking forward to hearing how others are presenting this effect.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14040 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Anything that passes the wife test is golden, man.

Posted: Nov 10, 2013 10:33pm
Also, delighted I am to hear that your wife got owned!
cricketer15
View Profile
Loyal user
Sydney, Australia
248 Posts

Profile of cricketer15
Looks like I have to get this haha
Anything is Possible
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2368 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
The latest Saturn Product Review has Haunted Doll on it with a live performance.

Check it out here

http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/reviews.html
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-11-11 07:54, Saturn Magic wrote:
The latest Saturn Product Review has Haunted Doll on it with a live performance.

Check it out here

http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/reviews.html

WOW. Mark Traversoni working a posh gig and performing all the new effects. BRAVO!!!
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Finally got my "Twins"
They got delivered on Friday , but I was out so had to pick them up from the post office today.
They charged me 20 euros in import tax. so all-in-all it's been a long painful birth.
Just watched the DVD so I will start practicing tomorrow.

One of the twins is going to stay exactly as he came.
Still in cellophane. Silently awaiting the call.

Steve
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1720 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Quote:
On 2013-11-11 10:57, Stephen Young wrote:
Finally got my "Twins"
They got delivered on Friday , but I was out so had to pick them up from the post office today.
They charged me 20 euros in import tax. so all-in-all it's been a long painful birth.
Just watched the DVD so I will start practicing tomorrow.

One of the twins is going to stay exactly as he came.
Still in cellophane. Silently awaiting the call.

Steve

Where do you live ? Strange thing that you paid import taxe.. Maybe since you ordered 2 at the same time, the price was higher.. I slayed my family with the haunted doll, really great purchase.. Maybe one of the greatest of the year !
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14040 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
It's been a long three day weekend. Hoping my mailbox will bring me good news tomorrow.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14040 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Today is the day!!! I hope magic will happen this day!
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of maps
I have been waiting for mine for the longest time.
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14040 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
How long?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE HAUNTED DOLL - ROGUE AND SYSTEM 6 (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..20..25..30..35..38~39~40 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL