The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE HAUNTED DOLL - ROGUE AND SYSTEM 6 (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..20..24..28..32..36..38~39~40 [Next]
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1361 Posts

Profile of M Sini
I ordered mine on Thursday afternoon and had it on Saturday.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Mine arrived this morning. Looks real nice!

The mechanics of making it rise are a piece of cake. No problem, there.

But can someone please tell me where I can get the spooky music that is used on the instructional DVD?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Devontemagic
View Profile
New user
New York
94 Posts

Profile of Devontemagic
Hey Daddydoug,
Glad your little guy arrived safe and sound.

I'm responsible for all the music chosen so I'd be glad to share with you the songs I chose. The song that plays in the trailer was

Hear it on Youtube here : http://youtu.be/qMfoRqbS-Ko?t=37s

And the song that is in the Menu Loop is the beggenkng part of Michael Jackson - Little susie

Anymore questions just shoot away Smile , glad the your Haunted Doll stands up to its hype Smile
Quote:
On 2013-11-12 10:25, daffydoug wrote:
Mine arrived this morning. Looks real nice!

The mechanics of making it rise are a piece of cake. No problem, there.

But can someone please tell me where I can get the spooky music that is used on the instructional DVD?

Hey Maps, some orders were sent back from shipping, but we have not forgotten about you. Yours has already been on its way. We thank you for your patience and are here if you need us Smile

Love, Hugs and Applesauce

- Devonte
Quote:
On 2013-11-12 06:46, maps wrote:
I have been waiting for mine for the longest time.
Devontemagic
View Profile
New user
New York
94 Posts

Profile of Devontemagic
Daffydoug** lol That's embarrassing
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Devonte, WHAT'S embarrassing?

Daff

Posted: Nov 12, 2013 11:07am
Oh, btw, I have long searched for the perfect "ice-breaker". An effect that literally makes them ask YOU to perform an effect, instead of you approaching with the hokey "Wanna see a magic trick?"

Or even WORSE "I do magic...... (GROAN!!)

What this does is provide an eye catching prop that you can wear on a chain or leather loop around your neck that INSTANTLY prompts them to ask the question the precipitates your "impromtu" performance.

I just got it today, but I can clearly see the curiosity factor that this will engender.

Best buy of the year for me, I'd say!
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Is it possible to do it with "normal" - non callous hands ? And if yes, does it hurt a lot ?
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Yes. My hands are not calloused, and I was able to make it rise the first time I tried.

And the pain factor is nill. There is not so much as even a quantum of pain in my hand when doing it.
Devontemagic
View Profile
New user
New York
94 Posts

Profile of Devontemagic
Daffydoug, I think your exactly right! It's funny no one has spoken more about this. But Rogue shares some cool Bonus ideas and the Chain one is my favorite. It's the best way to endure challenges or magic. No better magic than that.

Dorian, Don't worry Dorian, you'll be able to do it Smile

PS: lol daffy doug If you didn't notice then even better, it was embarrassing on my part
djefvulen
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of djefvulen
Quote:
On 2013-11-12 10:25, daffydoug wrote:

You can also check out "Witch Hunt" by Jack Off Jill. It's spooky... Smile
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
For Dorian, there is a handling on the DVD where you simply avoid your skin alltogether and use your jeans.

Posted: Nov 12, 2013 2:38pm
BTW, I already have mine on a cord around my neck, and I plan to make the doll a PERMANENT addition to my daily attire!
mndude
View Profile
Special user
761 Posts

Profile of mndude
Quote:
On 2013-11-12 14:38, daffydoug wrote:
BTW, I already have mine on a cord around my neck, and I plan to make the doll a PERMANENT addition to my daily attire!

DaffyDoug, you'll have to buy another one for the guy to the right wearing a black shirt.
CRISTIANpestritu
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of CRISTIANpestritu
That doll looks amazing! Good work with this one
Devontemagic
View Profile
New user
New York
94 Posts

Profile of Devontemagic
DaffyDoug...PLEASE if you can, could your upload a picture to the Café. I would love to see it myself, Plus Im sure everyone else would want to as well Smile
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-11-12 14:38, daffydoug wrote:

That would be an amazing conversation piece. What a fantastic way to perform a piece of magic, without ever mentioning you're a magician!

:applause: Smile Smile
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3426 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I received this last Friday. I have been doing the Okito doll and other versions for years. To be honest am a little sad to see this now become suddenly hot and new as it was nice being one of a few using this method Smile. Overall it is a very nicely made prop and I do prefer it to the straw doll version as I believe it will hold up much better being carried in your pocket, etc. Having said that, there is nothing wrong with the straw version and at more than half the cost still a viable option.

I do appreciate Rogue's thinking on presenting this and working to achieve minimal hand movement. To me this is the real value.

Much time is spent on the DVD stressing how small the gimmick is. It is small but only a fraction smaller than on the Straw Doll version and about the same size as the gimmick on Dave Powell's "Haunted Hand" which is no longer available. The gaff on Gen Grant's rising Bic pen was about half the size and I was hoping the gaff on the Haunted Doll would be closer to that size. It is perfectly workable with its' current size but in this case smaller is better. Fukai's Okito Doll also had a smaller gaff.

I like the thinking on disguising the gaff but in fairness when you "put the work" on the ends of the straw version it is probally even more hidden.

Ultimately I like this version and Rogue's tips are valuable. I do think the size of the gaff and how well it is disguised compared to the competitor's may be a little stretched. My opinion only. With any version the key is to work with it so you can do it confidently with minimal hand movement. The great Charlie Miller used do a very entertaining routine with a pencil version.

Cheers,

John
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
First time I went out wearing it, I was in a store and the FIRST person I ran into accosted me with "That's a nice cross your wearing!" I replied, "It responds to music. They say it's haunted." and BAM, I was right into the routine. Left them with eyes wide as saucers.

Posted: Nov 12, 2013 5:44pm
Could get adventitious bookings from wearing this. Possibly. Imagine you are out going about your daily business, and someone does you like they did in my above post. Then that leads to them asking "Do you do parties?" So, ideally, they get your business card, and you end up getting booked for a show. Wow! You end up with a show and some dough, all because you were diligent in wearing your business around your neck.

Cool, huh?

Posted: Nov 12, 2013 5:45pm
So the haunted doll could be worth it's weight in gold.
djefvulen
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of djefvulen
Hope it doesn't get TOO hyped so everyone gets one as a fashion statement. At least not a gimmicked one... Smile
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Good point. The one guy today referred to it as a "cross".

Maybe it needs a semblance of a face.

Posted: Nov 12, 2013 9:57pm
I have been cerebratiing on this, and let me offer one more thought: The doll bring a stickman, as it is, would be a PERFECT lead in to ANY effect you may have in your repertoire that involves a stickman. How many do you know? Personally, I know a healthy quantum of effects that involve stickmen.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5265 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Quote:
On 2013-11-12 20:44, daffydoug wrote:
The one guy today referred to it as a "cross".

I see this as a very good thing...adds to the mystery...and, you can spin it anyway you want to.

To those folks asking if this will function if the user has un-calloused hands, well, assuming you are familiar with the workings, this version comes the closest I've ever seen to addressing that issue. The workings are tiny and thin, yet perfectly engineered to handle the job at hand.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Job at hand? Pun intentional? Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE HAUNTED DOLL - ROGUE AND SYSTEM 6 (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15..20..24..28..32..36..38~39~40 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL