The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE HAUNTED DOLL - ROGUE AND SYSTEM 6 (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..23..27..31..35..38~39~40 [Next]
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1436 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Quote:
On 2013-11-15 13:11, nonvpro wrote:
HD is everything claimed to be and more! Couldn't be happier with my purchase of HD, in fact, purchased another one and considering purchasing one more. Still working on my presentation of the HD. Earlier in this thread "smoke" was mentioned, which seems like a great idea. Has anyone worked out the "smoke" idea yet? If so, any recommendations as to what "smoke" product would work best in conjunction with HD?

Yes it is & I have continous fun exploring the more !!
I have not yet tried the smoke suggestion, but if / when I do, I woll use my good'ol Magic Smoke V2.
djefvulen
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of djefvulen
Quote:
On 2013-11-15 13:11, nonvpro wrote:
HD is everything claimed to be and more! Couldn't be happier with my purchase of HD, in fact, purchased another one and considering purchasing one more. Still working on my presentation of the HD. Earlier in this thread "smoke" was mentioned, which seems like a great idea. Has anyone worked out the "smoke" idea yet? If so, any recommendations as to what "smoke" product would work best in conjunction with HD?

I think the gimmick included with Smoke by Alan Rorrison could come in handy. Blow some smoke over the doll and it comes to life. You'll need an excuse to use the gimmick, but that would not be too hard to come up with.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Pertaining to the smoke idea. Is there a specific smoke product that would deliver smoke as if it were emanating directly from the hand holding the HD as it begins to animate?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4190 Posts

Profile of videoman
Like the necklace idea. There is a trick by Gregory Wilson called Unleashed which uses a dogtag on a necklace and you can do vanishes, penetrations, etc. I originally bought that primarily for the very reason Daff states, because I thought the necklace may prompt people to ask about it and then they bring it up rather than you having to like with Daff's necklace. That got me thinking, maybe you could combine some of the unleashed principles and add that to the HD effect. Would need to buy the extra things necessary and do some slight modifications but it may work. I have the doll on order and will play around with it and determine whether I think it will add anything or detract from the original effect. I love having new ideas to play around with though. I get as much enjoyment out of working these things out as actually performing.
djefvulen
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of djefvulen
Quote:
On 2013-11-15 13:58, nonvpro wrote:
Pertaining to the smoke idea. Is there a specific smoke product that would deliver smoke as if it were emanating directly from the hand holding the HD as it begins to animate?

I think PureSmoke would be what you're looking for, pretty expensive, and a little hard to use sleeveless.

Edit: BTW, I think those discussions should take place in this thread instead of here maybe?
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&start=0
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14014 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I would like to see a photo of the ring securing the doll. I think that would clarify things.

In the meantime, I have tied a little noose on my cord, and I have Creepy Carl in the noose, and hopefully he will be secure.

I haven't gotten out of the house since I've been sick, but I'm hoping to be up and back on my feet and test out the noose idea.

The last time I purchased a smoke product was many, many years ago when Paul Harris put out "Portable Smoke", but with all the products on the market these days, I am hopelessly mired in confusion as to which one would be the better expenditure.

Posted: Nov 15, 2013 4:33pm Reply with quote Send a Private Message View Profile of daffydoug Edit/Delete This Post Report this post to forum moderator View Posters IP (Moderators/Admins Only)
Ok. I'm back again with one more idea I'd like to record here for posterity.
Now don't get me wrong, the routine as it is, is fabulous. But I've been playing with different musical ideas. As I said, the musical piece you choose to back it up with creates the ambience you desire, whether you want it to be spooky or dramatic.

A couple pieces I've been working with are "East Of Eden", which Copperfield used in his flying illusion, and "Cousin's Love Theme", by Angelo Badalamenti. That's the one David used for his "Grandfather's Aces" routine.

These themes are wonderful and start out slow, then after a couple minutes they swell into a beautiful crescendo.
The problem is that they are too long for this effect. Not much happens except the doll stands up on your hand. It's kind of hard to match that up with a lot of dramatic build, music wise.

Then the light went on above my head. It suddenly occurred to me that the routine could be extended if one has any chops with some of Steve Fearson's hookups.

I have the DVD that Steve put out which goes into detail about i.t. work. It's called the "Master Levitation System."

My idea is this: After you've done the standard rise from your hand, and you have PROVED to them beyond a shadow of a doubt they there are no threads involved, then, you sneaky little devil, you knock their socks off by taking the "threadless" doll back, and you secretly do your attachment and go into a variation of Fearson's "Floating Cigarette", using the doll instead of a cigarette.

Now if you want to use the dramatic music that builds, you are free to go about it like the true master of magic that you are, because the floating routine gives you much more creative freedom.

Of course, once again, at the end secretly detach the i.t. , and they can once again see that the doll and routine has "no strings attached.

Finis.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
djefvulen
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of djefvulen
Quote:
On 2013-11-15 16:33, daffydoug wrote:
Then the light went on above my head. It suddenly occurred to me that the routine could be extended if one has any chops with some of Steve Fearson's hookups. 

I have the DVD that Steve put out which goes into detail about i.t. work. It's called the "Master  Levitation  System."

My idea is this: After you've done the standard rise from your hand, and you have PROVED to them beyond a shadow of a doubt they there are no threads involved, then,  you sneaky little devil, you knock their socks off by taking the "threadless" doll back, and you secretly do your attachment and go into a variation of Fearson's "Floating Cigarette",  using the doll instead of a cigarette. 

Now if you want to use  the dramatic music that builds, you are free to go about it like the true master of magic that you are, because the floating routine gives you much more creative freedom.

Of course, once again, at the end secretly detach the i.t. , and they can once again see that the doll and routine has "no strings attached.

Finis.

That sounds a lot like my idea in the other thread here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......start=30

But I was thinking of first doing the IT and then remove it. You could open the box and let the doll rise up in the air with the Fearson-hookup. Let it land in your hand, remove the thread and then let it stand up in your hand, and finally letting a spectator pick it up from your hand. Totally clean ending.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6889 Posts

Profile of bowers
I also would like to see how you secured little
man in the ring Merlin.
Todd
djefvulen
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of djefvulen
Quote:
On 2013-11-15 16:44, bowers wrote:
I also would like to see how you secured little
man in the ring Merlin.
Todd

This is how I have made it:
http://oi41.tinypic.com/2dqsxna.jpg

Alternative 1, but with black thread. Also came up with another alternative, which would look cleaner, but haven't tried that yet. I kind of like using thread, it looks more "home made" that way Smile.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6889 Posts

Profile of bowers
Quote:
On 2013-11-15 17:23, djefvulen wrote
This is how I have made it:
http://oi41.tinypic.com/2dqsxna.jpg

Alternative 1, but with black thread. Also came up with another alternative, which would look cleaner, but haven't tried that yet. I kind of like using thread, it looks more "home made" that way Smile.

Thanks so much buddy.Looks like a excellent idea..
Todd
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
We're laying it on a little thick these last few days.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14014 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Who is?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1436 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Quote:
On 2013-11-15 20:20, Robvs wrote:
We're laying it on a little thick these last few days.

????????????????? We're just being enthusiastic about a new item / effect we've purchased (& happy with money spent) & multiple members sharing performance ideas & feedback on they're purchase.........sorry if that seems a little much lately for some.....

Posted: Nov 16, 2013 2:52pm
Daff & Bowers, I took some pics & uploaded to my photo acc., will upload pics here in a few for you & others
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
I was referencing the 400 word narrative. The comment was meant to be taken lightly.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Can I ask ,does this work on the same principle as the OKITO VOODOO DOLL as this can not be examined? and this one aparently can .
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I wouldn't give it to them after performing. I don't do that with any prop, fully examinable or not. I think being in control, setting boundaries, etc. makes the magic stronger ( even if it's just a hobby ).

I do give it to them before performing it. They have no idea what I'm about to do so they are looking at it as an interesting art piece as opposed to discovering the secret.

1) They made a comment about this curious figure.

2) I let them look at it

3) They are gobsmacked by the eerie figure rising on my hand.

All this has happend without the word magic or magician ever being mentioned.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On 2013-11-16 15:30, Zombie Magic wrote:
I wouldn't give it to them after performing. I don't do that with any prop, fully examinable or not. I think being in control, setting boundaries, etc. makes the magic stronger ( even if it's just a hobby ).

I do give it to them before performing it. They have no idea what I'm about to do so they are looking at it as an interesting art piece as opposed to discovering the secret.

1) They made a comment about this curious figure.

2) I let them look at it

3) They are gobsmacked by the eerie figure rising on my hand.

All this has happend without the word magic or magician ever being mentioned.

Many thanks for the quick informative reply,it answers my qestion,again many thanks proberly stick with the one I have as it seems to only be appearance that is different with this,all the best.
Shane
djefvulen
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of djefvulen
Quote:
On 2013-11-16 15:04, Fire Starter wrote:
Can I ask ,does this work on the same principle as the OKITO VOODOO DOLL as this can not be examined? and this one aparently can .

I never had the Okito, but I think so. The difference, I think, is the "gimmick" of the Haunted Doll is more subtle and very hard to see/feel if you don't know what you're looking for.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
If anyone is looking for something Spooky to hold their Haunted Doll in I have the following if anyone is interested.

Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Anyone else's DVD glitchy?
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE HAUNTED DOLL - ROGUE AND SYSTEM 6 (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..23..27..31..35..38~39~40 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL