The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE HAUNTED DOLL - ROGUE AND SYSTEM 6 (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23~24..28..31..34..37..38~39~40 [Next]
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Devonte,

I think the sharpie post is an error. However, I think the examinability post wasn't completely out of place. There were a few people who said that they "wouldn't allow inspection," some because they felt no need, and I think there was someone who said it's slightly possible that the solution would be found. I've been following the conversation and think I'm paraphrasing it properly.

However, I don't recall the solution to the following problem, maybe someone can help. My dvd is the worst authored dvd I've ever encountered. The menus don't work in a ps3, a pc after trying three different pieces of software, or a Mac.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
My DVD works perfect in a MAC and the living room DVD player.
djefvulen
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of djefvulen
My DVD works, but it uses "titles" instead of "chapters", so it's pretty confusing to navigate.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
All I have is a portable DVD player, and the DVD is a nightmare to navigate.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
My DVD is also a nightmare to navigate on the various stand alone players I've tried it on. Well, maybe more than a nightmare because it isn't just difficult, it's impossible to play many of the chapters.
Have only tried it on one PC and it worked fine on that.
But I agree, worst DVD I've ever encountered from a magic supplier.

re: the sharpie post, I thought he was saying he has a sharpie version of HD (like the old pencil trick) but it was not written very clearly.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
So the consensus seems to be: Wonderful effect, horribly bad DVD.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Mine works fine in my gateway pc.
Todd
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Quote:
On 2013-11-22 11:28, Xcath1 wrote:
Cool effect, I have it but still don't have my sweet spot.
I saw one for sale on the boards and wanted to point out that I think buying or selling them used may not be a great idea as I believe it may be a possible source of infection.

OMG. Isn't that what sterile alcohol is for? Plus, if you're using this to the point of drawing blood, you're using it waaaaaaaaaay wrong.
C'mon guys. This effect has been around for decades in a much more aggressive form, and has appeared for sale here on the Café - in its older versions - many times. This new version is as non-evasive as they come.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Ah man,......all I got was a rock.............

My dvd worked fine in my Mac laptop & a dvd player in my bedroom.Also plays in my PS2, these most likely will not work in a PS3....

Funny thing, I've had several guys & a couple gals (for they're boyfriend or husband) want one of these but not as magic prop,....but rather as just a necklace. They've said it looks so cool & unusual, different type of necklace they wanted to know were I got it & if I can get one for them.......lol

Devonte, you might want to make non gimmicked for those of us that want to swap out for a thorough exmanination & for peeps that just want a cool looking necklace....! Then I can ask them "hey does yours do weird stuff like mine ?!"
johne
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of johne
Just buy two and remove the gimmick on one. ;-)
axcreations1
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of axcreations1
The DVD worked fine in my laptop...no complaints.
axcreations1
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of axcreations1
Also, any idea yet on when you might be offering another version with the box or pouch? I need to buy a replacement & am waiting to see what you guys are cooking up before doing so. Thanks!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I agree that the chance of infection is way nill with this effect. If you draw blood, you are doing something totally wrong!!

I barely catch the first layer of the dermis. That is plenty sufficient.

And if one still has some fear of infection, as was mentioned, an alcohol swab will do the trick.
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Quote:
On 2013-11-22 21:49, Wizard of Oz wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-11-22 11:28, Xcath1 wrote:
Cool effect, I have it but still don't have my sweet spot.
I saw one for sale on the boards and wanted to point out that I think buying or selling them used may not be a great idea as I believe it may be a possible source of infection.

OMG. Isn't that what sterile alcohol is for? Plus, if you're using this to the point of drawing blood, you're using it waaaaaaaaaay wrong.
C'mon guys. This effect has been around for decades in a much more aggressive form, and has appeared for sale here on the Café - in its older versions - many times. This new version is as non-evasive as they come.

non-evasive? I think that means confrontational. You mean something different. Non-invasive?
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Looks like a slight malapropism may have snuck in...
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I am so enjoying this doll.I have got
where I can set it and perform with
only the right hand.
Todd
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Dr. Van Van Mojo
Quote:
On 2013-11-21 00:41, Godzilla wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-11-21 00:10, Dr. Van Van Mojo wrote:
Making a Blair Witch doll for one's own use might be ok, but I'd say making them for the purpose of selling without licensing or permission would be infringing on trademark or copyright.

I thought that too,but did see the shape on a symbol chart.
Maybe it is something,they may have borrowed?
Five ends,and the upside down part of pentagram behind,the little v shape.
And,I wasn't wanting them made for everyone! Smile
I was asking for one my self,getting lazy,Dr Van Van Mojo! lol
Not being Snarky,if it come across like that!

Hmm, you may be right, hadn't thought about that, it might not even be theirs. Didn't take it as being snarky at all. Been thinking about making one myself, if I do I'll whip up an extra one for you. It'll be next year though, lots going on and surgery coming up in a few days too.
ko_brian
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of ko_brian
For the ones that have it, was the gimmick really upgraded in this version? Thanks
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
[quote]On 2013-11-23 02:02, Dr. Van Van Mojo wrote:
Quote:
lots going on and surgery coming up in a few days too.

My wishes this goes very well for you,without great discomforts,and a speedy recovery!
Best,
Gary
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Dr. Van Van Mojo
Quote:
On 2013-11-23 02:26, ko_brian wrote:
For the ones that have it, was the gimmick really upgraded in this version? Thanks
I think that's been answered more than once here and in the other threads but yes, I would consider it an upgrade over previously available versions. It is smaller, less conspicuous and easier on the performer.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE HAUNTED DOLL - ROGUE AND SYSTEM 6 (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23~24..28..31..34..37..38~39~40 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL