The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE HAUNTED DOLL - ROGUE AND SYSTEM 6 (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..21~22~23~24~25..38~39~40 [Next]
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Dr. Van Van Mojo
Quote:
On 2013-11-23 02:33, Godzilla wrote:

On 2013-11-23 02:02, Dr. Van Van Mojo wrote:
Quote:
lots going on and surgery coming up in a few days too.

My wishes this goes very well for you,without great discomforts,and a speedy recovery!
Best,
Gary

Thanks Gary. It's nothing major, but a lenghty recovery time before I can return to work. I just won't be able to use one of my hands. The best thing is I get two months off work paid while I'm healing.
Cheers,
George
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Well then,Dr.Van Van Mojo...hope it is not the hand you use most! lol

Only kidding,do hope all goes as well as possible,and enjoy the next couple months,the best you can ! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16969 Posts

Profile of joseph
Don't know if it was mentioned, but you may want to let them hold
the doll before you do the effect, instead of after. ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
djefvulen
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of djefvulen
Quote:
On 2013-11-23 15:44, joseph wrote:

Any tip for a good motivation why they should hold the doll before the effect? I have tried to come up with something good, but I can't. "Here, hold this doll. It's magic and I'm going to do magic things with it, but first I need you to check it out..." or "Here, take this doll, I need to pull up my pants!". No, but seriously, I can't come up with a good motivation, please help me. Smile
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16969 Posts

Profile of joseph
"Look what I found outside on Halloween night."
If they take it, great, and if not, proceed. Smile ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Devontemagic
View Profile
New user
New York
94 Posts

Profile of Devontemagic
My two thoughts,

1. I'm the type of performer that weather or not it fits my performance to have the gimmick examined, I need to know, that if push comes to shove, I can have my gimmick examined. What I LOVE about, the Haunted Doll, is that (IF) you needed it to be examined before OR after, you can rest assure that if they do not already know the method or like in DaffyDoug's case, your performing for an AntiMagician...The method will go right over their head and THEY WILL BE FOOLED Smile

2. Now to be a little more specific, I perform it similar to Rogue, he has over 20 years of experience so why not take a tip from the master himself. His performance of the doll does not include them having to check out the doll BEFORE, he begins. BUT He does invite them to be part of the levitating experience by having them check if there is any use of strings or magnets. This makes them feel as though they're involved in the trick and not just being a viewing spectator. At the end of his performance he asks the spectator to remove the doll from his hand (THIS IS COVERED ON THE DVD) here is where things get interesting, because he found that many people are so spooked, they don't even want to touch the doll. I believe that's when you know you've accomplished what to me should be seen as real magic. The specter actively saw and experienced an impossible effect, even after canceling out all plausible methods (like magnets or strings)

Hope this helps, All in all, my answer is YES, I've seen thousands of people examine the doll after Rogues performance thus making it examinable. In terms of weather or not it SHOULD be handed out? That answer I believe is subjective Smile

Peace, Love and Applesauce

- Devonte

Quote:
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Quote:
On 2013-11-23 15:55, djefvulen wrote:
Quote:

Any tip for a good motivation why they should hold the doll before the effect? I have tried to come up with something good, but I can't. "Here, hold this doll. It's magic and I'm going to do magic things with it, but first I need you to check it out..." or "Here, take this doll, I need to pull up my pants!". No, but seriously, I can't come up with a good motivation, please help me. Smile

These are the types of things that belong on a dvd. As stated, this one stinks. A paper insert could have explained the secret. We've established that this dvd is both poorly authored and hasn't provided much content (unless, of course, these valuable suggestions are on the inaccessible chapters of the dvd). Luckily it's a great prop.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-11-23 15:55, djefvulen wrote:

After they comment on the doll ( which is on a cord around my neck ) I take it off and hold it out for them to take. They showed interest in it, so no need to say look at this.

Sometimes, they have declined to look at it. Not once have they then asked to look at it after I've performed it.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6918 Posts

Profile of bowers
I just ordered a leather cord for mine.
And a backup doll also.
Todd
Devontemagic
View Profile
New user
New York
94 Posts

Profile of Devontemagic
Hey Robvs
We apologize for the DVD not working for you properly. I know the majority of buyers have gotten the DVD to work. I know many have commented on having trouble with navigating through the DVD and I agree we dropped the ball on that part this time (Still trying to figure out weather that was on our end, or duplication end) Either way we will most definitely resolve this issue, We will be supplying many who already bought the Haunted Doll with a streaming option. Lastly, for the majority who DID watch the DVD, which I'ver read many of them, The DVD explains many of the things that have been spoken about here BUT we're never discussed in the paper instructions. Things like (hanging it on your neck and how to create the Necklace idea, Further concealing the gimick, How to keep your hand as still as Rogue has been able to do it, how to block your angles, how to have them remove the doll from your hand, how to do it on your leg) All in all one thing is to say that the DVD was difficult to navigate vs the content was useless. But hey this is an open forum where consumers and fellow magicians alike can share their personal thoughts Smile . Glad you at least loved the gimick Smile

- Devonte

Quote:
On 2013-11-23 17:26, Robvs wrote:

These are the types of things that belong on a dvd. As stated, this one stinks. A paper insert could have explained the secret. We've established that this dvd is both poorly authored and hasn't provided much content (unless, of course, these valuable suggestions are on the inaccessible chapters of the dvd). Luckily it's a great prop.
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Quote:
All in all one thing is to say that the DVD was difficult to navigate vs the content was useless. But hey this is an open forum where consumers and fellow magicians alike can share their personal thoughts Smile . Glad you at least loved the gimick Smile

- Devonte

Devonte,

You sent me a coaster. The comment is justified. Don't make it seem like "some people will post the darnedest things" when in reality you've sent a faulty product and acknowledged this error. Mine has no accessible valuable content. Period. If you intended to send valuable content- well that's another story. Until that's been fixed, I have a frisbee. Until then, readers must take your word for it that the dvd content is valuable if you're lucky enough to "get it to work." I have yet to see a post that supports that notion.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2368 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
No problem with viewing the DVD here it worked fine, no problems with any customers either.

This is one great effect and great value for money.

If you are in the UK we have it in stock ready to ship
http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/t......m-6.html
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6918 Posts

Profile of bowers
As I have stated before on this forum.
My dvd works perfect.It's Also easy to navigate
thru also.I have had problems before with some dvd's
I have purchased in the past.And Im sure all of these
aren't workable too.I would just ask for a new dvd.
Todd
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I just put the DVD in to check it and it works perfect. Easy to navigate, etc.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1796 Posts

Profile of Daren
Anyone else have problems getting this to rise, I have tried on the hand in various locations and can only get it to rise up about 2 cm??
Devontemagic
View Profile
New user
New York
94 Posts

Profile of Devontemagic
Hey Robv,
Hey man, didn't mean to offend you buddy. I'm in no way trying to prove you wrong. If you say your DVD didn't work, then we believe you, it is also our job to resolve it for you. that being said pleas PM me and we'll send you a streaming option once it's up. better yet, weather or not you purchased it from us or one of our Magic Shop dealers, We will send you another "Working DVD". As you can see from the comments above, the majority got there DVD's to work.. I apologized for the navigation but once again, I guarantee you that the content inside the DVD (once you see it of course) will surpass any paper instructions released before. Hope this helps a bit Smile

Hey Daren,
So as you have probably read in the thread, many got it to work within the first day. but there have been some who had a bit of trial and error before they scored. The advice given by one of the members, was sort of simple but effective. He mentioned that he could not get it to work, but once he stopped being afraid and just went for it (without hurting yourself) of course, he was able to nail it. So my suggestion is find your sweet spot, usually around the dead center of the palm. There is no way to precisely tell where as everyone has their own sweet spot. Hope this helps.
Quote:
On 2013-11-24 14:31, Daren wrote:
Anyone else have problems getting this to rise, I have tried on the hand in various locations and can only get it to rise up about 2 cm??
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2013-11-24 14:31, Daren wrote:

If I may,I've been doing this effect with dolls & ink pens,for years!
Try reversing,place doll in upright position,with *alm extended,then change position of *alm.
This will help finding sweet spot,and let you know,how to do method!
Then you can reverse that,with a better understanding of how to perform!
Just my 2 cents!
If I revealed to much,please report to have removed!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6918 Posts

Profile of bowers
Now that's great customer service...
Jack Straw
View Profile
Special user
Wichita
861 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Mine stands fully erect with no problems at all.

I had absolutely no problems from the first time that I used it, and it was my first time with this sort of thing.

All I can say is- don't be afraid, it won't hurt!
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-11-24 19:12, Jack Straw wrote:
Mine stands fully erect with no problems at all.

I had absolutely no problems from the first time that I used it, and it was my first time with this sort of thing.

All I can say is- don't be afraid, it won't hurt!

Those are the same words I used on a summer night in 1976!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE HAUNTED DOLL - ROGUE AND SYSTEM 6 (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..21~22~23~24~25..38~39~40 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL