The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE HAUNTED DOLL - ROGUE AND SYSTEM 6 (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..13..19..25..31..37..38~39~40 [Next]
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Dr. Van Van Mojo
Haven't ordered the doll yet but will be soon, looks awesome. For those who have trouble with the method, google "liquid bandage", it may be just what you need to make it work. Maybe the guys at System 6 will give me a discount for helping sell a few dolls. Smile
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3542 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Pslaughter,

I do a bit of woodworking, so I don't have an issue with this, but perhaps you can try this:

While it's a bit less impromptu, you could put a dab of glue on your hand and let it dry. Use glue that dries non-tacky, such as regular elmer's glue.

The only other thing I can think of is you could figure out a way to build up more callous (sp?). Basketball, woodworking, gardening, playing guitar, etc.

KJ
Devontemagic
View Profile
New user
New York
94 Posts

Profile of Devontemagic
Hey Thanks Dr. Van Van Mojo!!...this is exactly what we need, ideas like yours, it may work for some, and it may not work for others. But at least we are helping each other instead of giving up and moving on to the next trick. As for the discount, we believe in respecting the artists asking price BUT, we are all about " Wowing" our customers so write to us and we'll gladly upgrade your package to a faster delivery date & add a cool little souvenir Smile

Quote:
On 2013-10-16 14:17, Dr. Van Van Mojo wrote:
Haven't ordered the doll yet but will be soon, looks awesome. For those who have trouble with the method, google "liquid bandage", it may be just what you need to make it work. Maybe the guys at System 6 will give me a discount for helping sell a few dolls. Smile
Devontemagic
View Profile
New user
New York
94 Posts

Profile of Devontemagic
Hey Pslaughter,
I'm in the same boat as you, I play handball so I have a little more callous than usual. BUT in all honesty I found that because the "gimmick" has been updated...the thinness of it allows it to make the doll rise WITHOUT having to go in too "Deep" honestly just a light touch and you should be able to make t rise.

Quote:
On 2013-10-17 01:20, 1KJ wrote:
Pslaughter,

I do a bit of woodworking, so I don't have an issue with this, but perhaps you can try this:

While it's a bit less impromptu, you could put a dab of glue on your hand and let it dry. Use glue that dries non-tacky, such as regular elmer's glue.

The only other thing I can think of is you could figure out a way to build up more callous (sp?). Basketball, woodworking, gardening, playing guitar, etc.

KJ

nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
My hands are baby butt soft and I really don't want to build up callous or tuffin them up. Not to keen on applying any substance to my palms. Will this still work for me?
Devontemagic
View Profile
New user
New York
94 Posts

Profile of Devontemagic
Hey Nonvpro...
Have you ever owned the Okito Doll or the Voodoo Doll? If you have you would understand a little more on "why" this version might work a lot better, without needing to have construction hands...this doll's "gimmick" is made so all you have to do is (SLIGHTLY) touch your hand and you're good to go. Believe me, even with your baby butt hands lol, you'll be able to do it haha

[quote]On 2013-10-17 11:25, nonvpro wrote:
My hands are baby butt soft and I really don't want to build up callous or tuffin them up. Not to keen on applying any la
JosephKerr
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
380 Posts

Profile of JosephKerr
Rogue's version of this is really great. I've begged for this for years and am very glad to see it being released. Its a self contained
little effect that always gets great reactions when I've seen it performed. The look on this doll is miles better than anything
else I've come across.
"Challenge Your Reality"
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Devontemagic,

Just a figure of speech about the baby butt soft hands. Never owned Okito Doll or Voodoo doll, so I'm not familiar with their workings. Nor am I knowledgeable with The Haunted Doll. However, based on what I've read here in this thread, I'm pretty sure I know on how it works.
Devontemagic
View Profile
New user
New York
94 Posts

Profile of Devontemagic
Haha! Yes sir...it's finally out! It's hard to explain yo people who haven't seen it in person. Hopefully all the positive reviews its been getting will prove once and for all that this is miles away from any previous versions. Your the Man with 1,000 gadgets, it's no surprise you were up on this already Smile

Quote:
On 2013-10-17 14:22, JosephKerr wrote:
Rogue's version of this is really great. I've begged for this for years and am very glad to see it being released. Its a self contained
little effect that always gets great reactions when I've seen it performed. The look on this doll is miles better than anything
else I've come across.

Devontemagic
View Profile
New user
New York
94 Posts

Profile of Devontemagic
UPDATE: We Want to thank all who Pre-Ordered...We have finished the first batch of DOLLS "YAYYY", They are being packaged inside their own DVD casing and hopefully will be ready to ship by this upcoming week. Only thing that scares us a bit is that they will be packaged in California, and we are in NY. It might still work, BUT! as a BACKUP plan, we are thinking about shipping JUST the dolls first, and giving our pre-order buyers access to the DVD online, the physical DVD would arrive shortly after. This way we have a greater chance in delivering the at least the doll before Halloween. Smile

- Devonte
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Will they be shipping from CA (with west coast orders receiving the item sooner)? Or it still needs to go to NY?

Either way, Im not opposed to the back up plan.

Thanks for the update. Can't wait!
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1453 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Awesome on the news update (& thank you), I like the backup idea, funny is the dvd's in CA were I live & will make the trek to the east coast then back here to the west coast to me....lol, but would be nice to get the doll & access online vid for now......
Jack Straw
View Profile
Special user
Wichita
870 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Quote:
On 2013-10-11 17:18, SIX wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-10-09 21:04, Jeremie Leroi wrote:

Well, I'm even more tempted now… Do you guys have a shipping date yet ?

J.

We are pushing for as soon as possible, ideally everyone should have it a week before halloween, it looks to be sooner though.

Thanks!

Quote:
On 2013-10-16 08:04, Devontemagic wrote:
Hey Bart, so "Thank God" we started the pre-orders early, this way we could get a head start on at least some of the dolls. We have a target goal of Oct 20 to finalize the handmade dolls + a day or so for packaging (into the DVD) + shipping all of our pre-orders. We are working around the clock, and will keep you updated as much as we can Smile

Quote:
On 2013-10-19 10:59, Devontemagic wrote:
UPDATE: We Want to thank all who Pre-Ordered...We have finished the first batch of DOLLS "YAYYY", They are being packaged inside their own DVD casing and hopefully will be ready to ship by this upcoming week. Only thing that scares us a bit is that they will be packaged in California, and we are in NY. It might still work, BUT! as a BACKUP plan, we are thinking about shipping JUST the dolls first, and giving our pre-order buyers access to the DVD online, the physical DVD would arrive shortly after. This way we have a greater chance in delivering the at least the doll before Halloween. Smile

- Devonte

The only reason that I pre-ordered this was to get it a week before Halloween.

Now there's only a "greater chance" of having it before Halloween?

A lot changed in just 3 days.

Working around the clock doesn't mean what it used to.
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1769 Posts

Profile of SIX
Quote:
On 2013-10-19 16:05, Jack Straw wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-10-11 17:18, SIX wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-10-09 21:04, Jeremie Leroi wrote:

Well, I'm even more tempted now… Do you guys have a shipping date yet ?

J.

We are pushing for as soon as possible, ideally everyone should have it a week before halloween, it looks to be sooner though.

Thanks!

Quote:
On 2013-10-16 08:04, Devontemagic wrote:
Hey Bart, so "Thank God" we started the pre-orders early, this way we could get a head start on at least some of the dolls. We have a target goal of Oct 20 to finalize the handmade dolls + a day or so for packaging (into the DVD) + shipping all of our pre-orders. We are working around the clock, and will keep you updated as much as we can Smile

Quote:
On 2013-10-19 10:59, Devontemagic wrote:

- Devonte

The only reason that I pre-ordered this was to get it a week before Halloween.

Now there's only a "greater chance" of having it before Halloween?

A lot changed in just 3 days.

Working around the clock doesn't mean what it used to.

Unfortunately there is no around the clock when they are hand made, people need sleep lol

The streaming video explanation would only supplement it just in case. We even went as far as to change the printing method, let me explain. The biggest time consumption is the DVD printing itself, I have no clue why, but its the case. It seems just because its October printers have an influx of orders for printing, specifically in Club Flyers, and that holds up the DVD cover art printing. We are now doing a SPECIAL run, so instead of using whats called "gang printing", we are using "digital printing" which is more expensive, not to mention the next day shipping cost of the dolls, this project has become very expensive for us. None the less we strive for excellent customer service, so we sacrifice some profit to keep to our promises and get everyone the products as quickly as possible.

All orders from System 6 will be shipping via Priority Mail which is usually 2-day. Everyone will have the dolls before Halloween for sure, at least a couple days ahead of time. THOUGH it is still VERY possible it gets there the 24-25 which is a week before Halloween! Yay! Of course this is wha we are pushing for, and the 2-days before is extreme worst case.

We wouldnt even get to that point as we would ship the dolls the week before, and offer all orders from System 6 streaming access on the site. The DVD will follow after once it is printed, and of course because it is two seperate shipments and we offer FREE U.S shipping, there will be no charge on either of the shipments.

Hope this helps to clear things up Smile

Six
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11912 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Big fan of voodoo doll and wickerman albeit, have not performed them in years. Even used Voodoo doll on TV. Interested in first reviews of THD and the system.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3685 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I've been using disc makers for years for small batch (500 usually) dvd runs and I have never had a delay of any kind. Not even close. So it always amazes me that seemingly every single pre-order in the magic world always seems to have dvd printing issues. It's almost like clock work.
Devontemagic
View Profile
New user
New York
94 Posts

Profile of Devontemagic
Hey, Emyers99

So this is our first pre-order, I'm not sure what the intentions of the previous companies were, but I assure you that our ONLY motivation to open this product up for pre-sales was, to INCREASE the possibility of a few customers receiving it before Halloween. We knew we could not make any promises but we thought it was worth allowing people to order it early. As far as the technical issues you mention, I'm afraid our process is not the same as yours. For starters the delay comes from the Companies Request to first have us finalize the *HANDMADE* Dolls, Which we estimated would be done by October 20th..(Which we accomplished on October 18th) The company requires that we mail them the Dolls, before they can Print because they’ll need to insert the dolls inside the DVD’s Before wrapping it in cellophane. They will receive the Dolls by Monday, and have the regular 3-5 days of production. So the 3-5 days that Discmakers or any other company promises is only TRUE once the DOLLS are completely finalized hence why we did not do an OFFICIAL RELEASE.

Also, it seems that you're printing a SMALL unit of DVD's which usually means that you print Duplication and NOT Replication (which is the industry standard). Discmasters themselves, have a full explanation on their site @ http://www.discmakers.com/quoter/. We unfortunately print in the thousands not hundreds. Which changes the time frame for the DVD wraps, as Six explained earlier. ALL in ALL, we want to thank everyone who did pre-order and we want you all to know that we are GENUINELY doing everything possible to have all our pre-orders fulfilled before Halloween.

LOVE, HUGS, APPLESAUCE

- Devonte

Quote:
On 2013-10-20 03:53, emyers99 wrote:
I've been using disc makers for years for small batch (500 usually) dvd runs and I have never had a delay of any kind. Not even close. So it always amazes me that seemingly every single pre-order in the magic world always seems to have dvd printing issues. It's almost like clock work.
Devontemagic
View Profile
New user
New York
94 Posts

Profile of Devontemagic
Hey Giani / Decomposed

Happy to see another fan of the voodoo doll as I was too Smile . So my girlfriend and I just finished watching your promo where you used the straw version and interestingly enough my girlfriend pointed something out from a layperson's point of view. Keep in mind she does not know how either works, but she said that it seemed as though it would be more impossible rise a solid piece of wood vs straw. This is something we did not add to the ad copy or advertising BUT does happen to be an additional upgrade, The haunted doll has, what would be considered the Losander Floating Table effect. "how can that HEAVY table possibly be floating?" That's of course an add-on to the redesign of the gimmick and durability and everything else we've mentioned Smile

Quote:
On 2013-10-20 03:22, Decomposed wrote:
Big fan of voodoo doll and wickerman albeit, have not performed them in years. Even used Voodoo doll on TV. Interested in first reviews of THD and the system.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11912 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2013-10-20 09:28, Devontemagic wrote:
Hey Giani / Decomposed

Happy to see another fan of the voodoo doll as I was too Smile . So my girlfriend and I just finished watching your promo where you used the straw version and interestingly enough my girlfriend pointed something out from a layperson's point of view. Keep in mind she does not know how either works, but she said that it seemed as though it would be more impossible rise a solid piece of wood vs straw. This is something we did not add to the ad copy or advertising BUT does happen to be an additional upgrade, The haunted doll has, what would be considered the Losander Floating Table effect. "how can that HEAVY table possibly be floating?" That's of course an add-on to the redesign of the gimmick and durability and everything else we've mentioned Smile

Quote:
On 2013-10-20 03:22, Decomposed wrote:

LOL, yes I can see her point! Funny, that was my first TV appearence and one local magician told me he could see the "string." I also have a large "Wickerman" I have used but its a bit difficult to carry for strolling. Thanks for watching. Smile

Decomposing Wood
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1453 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
I for one am looking forward & in hopes to get this before Halloween,but understand the entire process & never personally considered the pre order as anything other than you putting your best to get these to us before the 31st & a limited number produced at this time for such a short time table as hand created items in the States & not overseas cheap garbage.

I also understand that there are other company(s) involved like the DVD company + shipping to & fro that creates time frame issues.....if it comes before great, if it come after - I will enjoy doing this the rest of the year & be ready for Halloween 2014 !

Until then I'll keep my fingers crossed & maybe say a few voodoo chants to help things along....LoL Smile

Applesauce all around for everyone Smile

*Devonte - a thought, maybe the online vid to give us a head start on learning to work with this & perhaps to work out additional routines ourselves.....?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE HAUNTED DOLL - ROGUE AND SYSTEM 6 (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..13..19..25..31..37..38~39~40 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.29 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL