The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE HAUNTED DOLL - ROGUE AND SYSTEM 6 (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..14..19..24..29..34..38~39~40 [Next]
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5265 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Now THAT'S commitment. Can't wait for mine!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Packin and Crackin, an art in itself. Smile

Decomposing DVD Cases
Jack Straw
View Profile
Special user
Wichita
871 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Next time you say you're working around the clock I won't doubt you!
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4205 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Haunted Doll arrived today.
A very nice little Blair Witchy Doll and very comfortable in hand.
I enjoyed the discussions on the DVD and that creepy singing child intro!
Rogue and System 6 present this classic very well indeed.
Jack Straw
View Profile
Special user
Wichita
871 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
I got mine today also, and I have to say that both "The Haunted Doll" and System 6 are excellent!

A few days ago I was a little nervous because I thought that we were going to get something of a runaround about this being shipped later than the promised delivery date.

System 6 went far beyond the call of duty, and I give them my highest accolades for getting the job done. They didn't need to pay for Priority Shipping, but they did. Nothing but praise from me for the folks at System 6!

System 6 goes on my list of magic companies that I would not hesitate to deal with. That's been a hard list to get on lately. Congratulations!

Now for The Haunted Doll itself. I love it! The doll looks real nice and operates just fine, and this will take nowhere near the recommended week of practice to get it down good. I've done it 30 or 40 times already, and it really is amazing! My hand needs a rest, though. It definitely can take a little toll on your hand.

It works just as advertised, and I believe that every claim that was made in advertising this product was true.

I'll be using this during the next week and for a long time to come.

Thanks, Rogue and System 6!
Devontemagic
View Profile
New user
New York
94 Posts

Profile of Devontemagic
Oh Jack, we are so glad that our hard work, paid off. We THANK YOU greatly for all your kind words, they reward us with the greatest feeling ever = Customer Satisfaction and knowing that we as a team, have delivered a great product to you, in a (timely manner). There is no greater feeling for System 6, than knowing that we have successfully created Affinity with our audience (You Guys). We want you ALL to know that we honor it, we are humbled by it, and will continue to build on it by promising to ALWAYS stay a transparent and be clear to our audience's about our Intentions, Motives and overall operations. We WILL become the MOST TRUSTED name in MAGIC one day Smile

Love, Hugs, Applesauce

- Devonte
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Smile Smile Smile

Since they showed on the scene, I've been posting how classy these System 6 folks!
Jack Straw
View Profile
Special user
Wichita
871 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
I'm glad to commend those that deserve commendation, Devonte, but I'll also condemn those that deserve condemnation.

Let me be VERY clear here- System 6 deserves high praise for meeting their deadlines and for producing an effect that is well worth it, in my opinion!
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
700 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Just got this as well and have to echo Jack's praise on the speedy shipping, and transparency of communications/managing expectations of System 6. Awesome.

The actual DVD is nicely produced, and yes, that creepy child signing in the intro definitely sets the tone off right! The instructions are brief, informative, but has a nice laid back conversational style to it that is a breath of fresh air amid other DVD's that get too long winded and serious in tone.

Rogue does a great job of covering all aspects of presentation, method, technique, etc. He has years of experience with this and it shows. Not to mention a lot of passion for this effect.

I also have to say that "Six" is terrific too, whom alongside Rogue, in the explanations, asks all the right questions...Indeed, right when I thought of a question while watching, he would ask it. That's A+ in terms of anticipating your audience/customers needs.

The doll itself is extremely well made and very clever...with attributes about it that helps cancel out any suspected methods. Very well thought out, and Rogue goes on to suggest ways to make it fly even more under the radar. All in all, the doll exceeds expectations.

Thank you very much to Rogue and the System 6 team for putting out a great product, with great service, and great communications.

Get this!
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1774 Posts

Profile of SIX
Wow, this is all wonderful to hear. I cant tell you the amount of stress I personally have been under. Aside from Devonte and I working as fast as possible to get the dolls out the door, we have been managing our Believe Playing Cards, printing t-shirts, card clips and working on new artist before the end of the year. Aside from that I have been working on a TV project, and did I mention I went back to school, Midterms week! Yet, you guys make it all worth it!

I cant tell you how much reading all the positive responses means and continues to motivate me/us to push through and keep working hard!

Love, hugs and applesauce, (The new System 6 Mantra!)

Six
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3726 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I received the doll/dvd here in New York two days ago. The craftsmanship is superb and the gimmick is extremely well hidden and undetectable. The DVD explanation with Rogue and "Six" is very thorough. The conversation between "Six" and Rogue is casual and extremely informative. There is no street performance on the DVD. This is a great improvement over the typical straw version. I will be getting anoterh one. Highly recommended.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3824 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Agreed on all points.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1471 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Busy working on a haunted house for a elementary school fund raiser I do for the every year for Sat nite, but I got home exhausted from pre setup today & found a nice surprise package from the most AWESOME System 6 !! Pooped & heading to bed for an early rise, but I HAD to jump on here & say THANK YOU - YOU guys ROCK !!!!!!
I watched the DVD quickly just to check things out & already am playing with it, again most appreciated the hard work & extra hoop jumping to get these to us !

Perfect timing as I plan on using it at the little half time show I will do at haunt break - this is going to be an extra bonus for tomorrows show !

Cannot say thank you enough for keeping us up to date & pushing hard every day & nite & finding a way to get these n the mail at extra shipping cost to you.
Worth every penny guys, just had to drop in & say Thanx Smile

Will post more of a review next few days after the weekend mayhem.......once again guys, THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Reading all this got me to break out my Wickerman for tomorrow's strolling event. I have this on my radar. Will be nice to compare the two later

PS: Six, I could not get the Vimeo video to work. May be on my end though.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I love the look of these little characters, so I ordered 2.
Looking forward to mine arriving in Holland.
Hopefully they get here in time for Halloween.

Steve
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3586 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I received mine today. VERY nice! The doll is tremendous! When I read it was handmade from wood, I was preparing myself for a possible dissapointment. I thought it might look like some sort of arts and crafts project from Home Depot on kids Saturday.
When I opened it up, it looks like something that is a hundred years old. very nicely made. the DVD was very good as well. sort of straight to the point, but I really enjoyed the technical focus on how to use the doll. very nice tips and instruction.
I think that if anyone has ANY interest in the haunted or voodoo doll idea, they really should add this to their stuff.
kj
kevishu
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of kevishu
Got mine yesterday, too. Really impressed with the quality of the gimmick. Doesn't look cheap, nor does it look cheaply manufactured. Very solidly constructed! Also, the gimmick is hidden/disguised much better than cheaper versions. Very pleased!

Thanks again for the efforts to get these shipped quickly! Much appreciated!
oly92
View Profile
New user
Paris (FRANCE)
83 Posts

Profile of oly92
I'm also looking to receive mine in France.

Olivier
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1730 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
I just ordered mine, can't wait to get it !
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11988 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Reading all this caused me to take Wickerman out of his coffin tonight before my annual gig. I broke it out and travled with him to my strolling grounds. Well, the gimmick broke at the worst possible moment! I was bummed. I certainly hope the gimmick (pretty sure it is or my Café brothers would have said it was not) is made better in the Doll. I had a beautiful set up and my presentation after so many presentations in the past is set in stone. All I needed was Mr Wicker to perform at his best and he let me down. I had to go into emergency messures and use fire and suggestion but I should not have to work that hard for 3 hrs hoofing. Don't know what to do with him now. Afterall he is made of straw and needs a heart and a gimmick. Or is it courage? I forget that 1939 movie. Basically not even a decent burial, trash heap he goes.

Decomposing Broken Gimmick Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE HAUNTED DOLL - ROGUE AND SYSTEM 6 (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..14..19..24..29..34..38~39~40 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL