The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE HAUNTED DOLL - ROGUE AND SYSTEM 6 (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..19..24..29..34..38~39~40 [Next]
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of rasp
Just read all seven pages and now I am very tempted to purchase.

Some have mentioned about a 'scream' in the advert. This got me thinking..... I have already pre-ordered 'SoundzAmazing' and this would be perfect to produce the desired scream.

Well looks like I have just talked myself into buying this whilst writing the above.......... I think 'the haunted doll' and 'soundzAmazing' are made for each other.
Jack Straw
View Profile
Special user
Wichita
861 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
[quote]
On 2013-11-05 14:09, Devontemagic wrote:
Rogue teach's a genius tip on how to make the gimmick even more invisible in the DVD.... HINT: Sharpie/ Permanent Marker/ Lighter

[quote]
I tried using a sharpie as the DVD instructs, but some ink was getting into my skin when I used it.

Now I don't try to cover any of those things up. I actually point them out to my specs. I tell them that a vicious ex-paramour sent the doll to me, and pieces of what I believed to be my hair were attached at those points. Of course, I burned them off just to be sure, but I kept the doll for amusement.
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1440 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
As asked by Devontemagic to post ideas, here's something I did with my doll (no reveals of secrets) for my presentation of Haunted Doll;

I found a cool odd little shallow playing card box from the Salvation Army store for $1. just the right size for the doll & had some old burlap sack bag. I cut out a 7" x 10" piece,used some of my dark walnut aging dye to help give it an older look. I then used a lighter & burned all around the edges (some spots heavier than others) & then used the lighter to burn a similar stick figure in the center of the burlap with the 10" vertically, just a little larger than the doll (accidentally burned a small hole were head & cross at body & arms are, but ended up adding to the over all look).
I also lightly burned my doll in a few spots at appendage ends & a little on upper leg.

I place the doll in the center on top of the burned figure in burlap folding top down,then bottom up, then left & right sides & wrapped hemp twine around it to keep it closed & placed in box.It also to help give it a nice charred smell of the dark powers.....LoL
Before I had it wrapped in the burlap & inside the box, when I put down the box & slowly opened it up, removed & slowly unwrapped doll - I had great "what is that ?" reactions that helped the mysterious Haunted Doll effect. But after I aged,burned edges & doll impression on burlap,burned doll appendages,paint touch-upped metal ends & wrapped it back up into box & re presented it,..........got more of a "Holly Cr*p, what h3ll is that !!??!!", performed it for a few people & got outstanding reactions !!!! Just the unwrapping & seeing the doll like that & the burned impression of it on the burlap really creep-ed people out !

Definitely plan on future using it with my Witches theme with my Ipswich & WA. Such a simple little thing that brings soooooo much to an effect - creep factor 10+ ! Lov'in me my doll guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics - Ok here are 6 links,the box & doll in burlap with burn mark on it (easier to post links to my Flickr account than resizing them);
http://www.flickr.com/photos/merlin64389/10734814654/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/merlin64389......ostream/

I plan on aging the inside bottom & inner lid top, thinking of putting a burn mark of doll on inside of lid or placing a cross on top of doll & burning a neg image of cross of inside lid.......& aging the burlap a little more with some dirt
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14037 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
That looks fabulous! Thanks for the photos!

I pushed the order button. This looks just too sweet to pass up.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1361 Posts

Profile of M Sini
MerlinsMagic, That. Is. Awesome!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14037 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
He is definitely on the right track. Creating the right atmosphere before the effect begins would surely enhance the effect, and my guess is that he would get better reactions overall simply from the fact that the spectator's mind is put into the proper frame ab initio.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1440 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Yes Daff that is why I made the box & wrap. I get great pre reactions from people just putting a creepy box down & then openning it up & further re enforce this. By the time I get to performing the Haunted Doll eyes are extra wide & jaws super open !

I found much greater impact from using my box to introduce/perform than when I just pulled out the doll.....for me.
Dallas Robbins
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Dallas Robbins
Merlinsmagic, I love your presentation, especially how it looks burned into the burlap.

I have a small wooden box with a Celtic/ouija design on it that I plan on storing my doll in.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1440 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Quote:
On 2013-11-08 11:34, Dallas Robbins wrote:
Merlinsmagic, I love your presentation, especially how it looks burned into the burlap.

I have a small wooden box with a Celtic/ouija design on it that I plan on storing my doll in.

Thank you, yep it just helps add to the dolls "powers" being held within. Love to see a pic of your box & design !

**I've had a few members PM me requests for a similar box (& wrapping) for they're doll & I think I've found a local source for small wooden boxes just perfect for these ! Blanks for stain/aging & even burning your own design onto top of lid, checking on them physically today Smile
Devontemagic
View Profile
New user
New York
94 Posts

Profile of Devontemagic
Thanks Merlin, Your the BEST Smile

Now all we need is for some Major reviewers to Publicly spread all the Great Things that all of you have been saying. I think Rogue's Doll definitely has what it takes to be considered top 5 MUST buys. Anyone familiar with any trust worthy reviewers?
djefvulen
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of djefvulen
I have placed an order on this, it seems wonderful! I love those "scary" tricks. I've been using the haunted key for a while, and it's beautiful once you learn how to do it right. With the haunted key I'm using a little extra to add some "eerieness" to it. I have a sample with 60 seconds of silence, and then a spooky whispering voice. So I start the sound on my phone. Put it in my pocket, not too high volume. Then I time the haunted key so it start to move slooowly just before the whispering starts. It almost creeps me out, even knowing the "secret" Smile. I guess this would add to the haunted doll too. This is the whispering sample I use: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y33Y2NzGhOE

Btw, does anyone know of an app which starts playing a sound "on demand", like a few seconds after knocking on the phone? It would simplify the timing Smile.
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1720 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
I made a video review, it's in french but overall, I do like it a loooooooot !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm3aP-xqvrg
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1440 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Just got back, the blank boxes I was checking on ended up being too big, but since I have several members asking, I will hunt out some usable boxes for us.Funny thing is I do carpentry - home repair/remodeling for my base living, I preferred to find & re-use old boxes (they're just old & cool), but with requests I may end up making them (if I don't find a low cost source 1st)......LoL

If I get or make them,the box will be different than the pic as far as designs on it. Of course if I make them I can put a design on it.....
Will update here as I find boxes / blank source or end up making.

PS - Devonte, you guys's Haunted Doll gave me the inspiration to create the box/wrap idea I did, back atcha-your the best Smile
Wardy
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
192 Posts

Profile of Wardy
I've had my two little buddies for a few days now and all I can say is: Powerful and Easy. If you're familiar with the trick you'll be doing it right away, and even if you're like me and have no clue you'll be performing the effect within 10 minutes. Presentational stories are almost limitless, whether spooky, funny, serious, whatever! I've even been experimenting with one in each hand(weird wording) and that gets very spooky. The best non-card effect that I have and will be used to death. And fast shipping to Oz! Well done Guys!!!
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2481 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
I collect voodoo dolls so have to have this. Just ordered.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
JoshLondonMagic
View Profile
Special user
677 Posts

Profile of JoshLondonMagic
Mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow!

I'm thinking of finding a small wooden box (about the size of a deck of cards) and keep the doll in there for walk around. So many possibilities and I love it isn't bulky like the straw ones!!!

Josh
axcreations1
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of axcreations1
Just purchased this. Never worked "creepy" before, but it looks awesome. I look forward to playing around with it! (also making up a box/burlap holding container - great idea!)If anyone else makes soething, please post pics. I'd love to see more to spark ideas.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14037 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
This thread is replete with so many good ideas for the effect that it almost makes my head spin.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16968 Posts

Profile of joseph
HP now has this..free shipping..just ordered one. ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14037 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Ahhhh! Another happy anticipator!!

It's party time, guys.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE HAUNTED DOLL - ROGUE AND SYSTEM 6 (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..19..24..29..34..38~39~40 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL