The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE HAUNTED DOLL - ROGUE AND SYSTEM 6 (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19~20..24..27..30..33..36..38~39~40 [Next]
Devontemagic
View Profile
New user
New York
94 Posts

Profile of Devontemagic
UPDATE: GREAT NEWS!!! System 6 will soon be offering the Custom Made Haunted Doll Box and a Custom Made Necklace that supports the Doll. It will all fit the same DARK and EERIE FEEL that our Haunted Doll has so you have congruency throughout your performance. Not to mention possible Package Deal that **may** include all of the above and a Backup Doll Smile. We will work the kinks out in the coming days, But just thought we take all the positive energy and ideas and move on it.

Alex DLF & Djefvulen : PLEASE Subscribe to our email list at System6Magic.com (Scroll down to the bottom of the HOME PAGE and you can add your email there) *We only email our subscribers when it is NEW and Intersting product. lol as we also hate SPAM Smile
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/15289244......nel=true

Not for strolling... But in case you are going parlour...
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1306 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On 2013-11-14 19:32, Devontemagic wrote:
Hey Havegrim,

I have your answer: Rogue himself says he places a very small drop of Crazy Glue on the gimmick, after he's adjusted it as he likes. The doll is made to have the gimmick me movable but should hold its place while performing as to not interrupt in the performance. So once again a YES, a small drop of Crazy glue will do the trick, Rogue says he does this every other month or so, Keep in mind Rogue performs the Haunted Doll hundreds of times along with "sharpien-ing" up the appendages.

Quote:
On 2013-11-14 19:21, havagrim wrote:
Just got my doll.. Really impressed. Did it for my wife today after playing with it for an hour to get a good hand placement etc.. Really cool and she was very impressed. Let her check the doll but she didn't find anything fishy Smile

I have a question tho. The gimmick is very loose for me.. Anyone else have this? Is it supposed to be very loose? I was considering finding a good spot I will use in a fixed hand, and just glueing it.. But not sure if its a dumb thing, as it might be hard to do it in the other hand if I do..

Hmm, tips and suggestions is welcome on how to make it less loose? Smile

And if you don't have it. Get it! Its awesome! Smile

Since you mentioned it, how do you keep the gimmick sharp?

Regarding the crazy glue, does he just put a dab on the bottom of the gimmick, then use a sharpie to color it in? Does he (or if anyone else does, feel free to chime in) put a dab of glue on the bottom before burning / charring it?
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Dr. Van Van Mojo
Devonte, thanks for the reply and the update. Sounds like you guys are working to add value for your customers.

Quote:
On 2013-11-17 13:22, daffydoug wrote:
All of these coffins and such are all very nice, but the problem for me is that you can't have it both ways.

Either I need to stick with wearing HD as a necklace, or I have to choose one of these cases. If I have it in a case, it will be in my pocket where nobody will see it or ask me about it. If I do the necklace, everyone will ask me about it, but it won't have the advantage of a spooky start right from the beginning.

I wish there was a way to do both.

Ah, but there is Doug. You could go with a small leather or burlap pouch with some sort of symbol on it, to wear as a necklace with the doll in it. Just attach a clip to the necklace and hook it through the drawstring loops. That would still give folks something unusual to ask about, and you would have the added advantage of the spooky start you want.

On another topic, I've had several people refer to the doll as a cross. Anyone else getting this? Sorry if it's been mentioned and I missed it. I still wish they could combine the various threads on the HD.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I had someone mention the Wicker Man. I haven't had anyone make reference to a cross.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14040 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Yes. I've had it referred to as a cross. They obviously miss the fact that the "cross"' has two legs, like a stickman. Maybe he needs a set of eyes on his "face".
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I wouldn't worry about what they might think it is. A cross is fine. If they said "is that Charlie Brown?" then I'd worry.
johne
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of johne
My son noticed today at the video store it looks very similar to the Blair Witch project symbol as well.
Libertus
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Libertus
Quote:
On 2013-11-17 13:22, daffydoug wrote:
All of these coffins and such are all very nice, but the problem for me is that you can't have it both ways.

Either I need to stick with wearing HD as a necklace, or I have to choose one of these cases. If I have it in a case, it will be in my pocket where nobody will see it or ask me about it. If I do the necklace, everyone will ask me about it, but it won't have the advantage of a spooky start right from the beginning.

I wish there was a way to do both.

How about putting the item in the coffin and adding a chain to the coffin and putting that on your necklace around your neck so people ask why the hell you got a coffin on your neck? Hehe.

Jokes aside, I should get mine tomo or Tues. Looking forward!
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Quote:
On 2013-11-17 01:28, axcreations1 wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-11-16 14:54, Robvs wrote:
I was referencing the 400 word narrative. The comment was meant to be taken lightly.

I'm guessing this is in response to my wine-induced, long-winded narrative about my enthusiasm for the Haunted Doll. Sorry about that. I'm a writer by nature and tend to ramble when I'm excited about something. I'll try to keep my posts more concise in the future. (but I'll admit I did a good laugh at you pointing it out). Smile

While on the subject of writing though, I might as well plug two of my books (forgive me for hustling) that while not directly related to magic, both have magic related material in them. One is a memoir of working my first job at a Christmas themed amusement park where I share the story of performing a trick with a staple gun, a dollar bill, and my forehead to try & impress a female coworker. The other is a fiction novel where the protagonist uses David Copperfield-like rose tissues to try an pick up ladies at a party (ending up getting roundhouse-kicked in the face). Both are guaranteed to make you laugh out loud multiple times or your money back! http://www.santasvillagegonewild.com & http://www.blackout-drunk.com

Sorry to hijack the thread, back to talking about the awesome HD!

It actually wasn't. And it wasn't meant to be nasty to anyone, but it was playfully directed to Daffy.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Hey,Devonte & Six!
It does remind me of the Blair Witch Project,can you guys make one to that exact shape?
Even,a little bit more Bizarre! Smile
~G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
cricketer15
View Profile
Loyal user
Sydney, Australia
248 Posts

Profile of cricketer15
Just received mine cannot find anything suspicious on the doll, will watch DVD when I get back.
Anything is Possible
cricketer15
View Profile
Loyal user
Sydney, Australia
248 Posts

Profile of cricketer15
Played around for a bit, it hurts :/
Anything is Possible
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-11-18 03:33, cricketer15 wrote:

It shouldn't hurt. I know we're all different, but two muscle passes and I have a welt on my palm. With the Haunted Doll I barely apply pressure and it just works. I've lost count how many times I've done it in the same spot and have had no issues.

Maybe less pressure will work for you as it has for me. You can always PM Six or Devonte for help.
cricketer15
View Profile
Loyal user
Sydney, Australia
248 Posts

Profile of cricketer15
Quote:
On 2013-11-18 03:50, Zombie Magic wrote:
Quote:

It shouldn't hurt. I know we're all different, but two muscle passes and I have a welt on my palm. With the Haunted Doll I barely apply pressure and it just works. I've lost count how many times I've done it in the same spot and have had no issues.

Maybe less pressure will work for you as it has for me. You can always PM Six or Devonte for help.

yeah practiced a bit more, sort of found my sweet spot, doesn't hurt as much now.
Anything is Possible
djefvulen
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of djefvulen
Quote:
On 2013-11-18 05:13, cricketer15 wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-11-18 03:50, Zombie Magic wrote:
Quote:

yeah practiced a bit more, sort of found my sweet spot, doesn't hurt as much now.

As Rumpelstiltskin says: "Magic always comes at a price" Smile
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14040 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
So true!!!!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
indomagic
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of indomagic
I am just wondering if the gimmick has locking feature so the spectator may fully examined it ???
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6918 Posts

Profile of bowers
I wouldnt' really want them to fully examine it myself.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I let them look at it before I perform it. 2 gals have declined ( It's pretty spooky looking ).

Dealers came up with "fully examinable" years ago so that hobbyists wouldn't be afraid to perform something ( and would buy it ). It's because as kids they got Svengali's and of course their friends grabbed for their cards, striking fear in their hearts about using gaffs/props.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE HAUNTED DOLL - ROGUE AND SYSTEM 6 (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19~20..24..27..30..33..36..38~39~40 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL