The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE HAUNTED DOLL - ROGUE AND SYSTEM 6 (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..23~24~25~26~27..38~39~40 [Next]
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7036 Posts

Profile of bowers
Quote:
On 2013-11-29 20:24, mndude wrote:
The DVD recommends using a black marker to help conceal the gimmick. For safety reasons, I am not sure if that is a good idea.

I did blacken my end's but I wish I wouldn't have.
The gimmick doesn't hold the color too well.
Which make's it stick out against the black background.
It looks better not doing anything to it.
Todd
Knobz1
View Profile
Regular user
Charlotte, NC
157 Posts

Profile of Knobz1
Quote:
On 2013-11-29 20:54, bowers wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-11-29 20:24, mndude wrote:
The DVD recommends using a black marker to help conceal the gimmick. For safety reasons, I am not sure if that is a good idea.

I did blacken my end's but I wish I wouldn't have.
The gimmick doesn't hold the color too well.
Which make's it stick out against the black background.
It looks better not doing anything to it.
Todd
Good to know because I was thinking about doing the same thing.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1491 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Quote:
On 2013-11-29 20:38, VMagical wrote:
You guys are making me broke! I just bought this! Smile

Ha, you want broke - come on over to Outlaw & Lebanon magic,that's soul selling territory......Lol Your gonna get your money's worth in reactions with your HD,worth every penny !!

I had some unplanned fun using Outlaw's Reflections & my Haunted Doll. Had 2 people use Reflections, 1 of the persons revelations was star which I drew on a piece of paper & showed,then the 2nd person I had the circle revelations & drew it around star & showed......they loved the Reflections book test, then I turned paper 180 with the drawing of the star inside the circle, now becoming a.......pentagram !

I asked if they believed in spirits & voodoo stuff, removed HD from necklace,placed on my hand & as I moved my hand towards the paper with pentagram on it HD started to rise & up full as I was over paper ! As I moved my hand away & back towards making it fall & rise Smile I then asked one of them to remove & crumple up paper & doll fell forward & over & onto table top. The other person picked it up,looked at it for a moment & then got freaked & tossed it back on table & backed up !! LoL A true "Kodak moment" !!

I really love how versatile the HD has become for me !
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I've had a lot of comments to the effect of "What is that thing? Is that like Blaire Witch or something? "

Anybody else here getting that?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
I really should scrutinize it more before asking this question, but...my vision is poor, does anyone have a tip for making sure you have it right side up when you start?
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I get Blaire Witch or Wicker Man.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7036 Posts

Profile of bowers
Quote:
On 2013-11-29 22:01, Robvs wrote:
I really should scrutinize it more before asking this question, but...my vision is poor, does anyone have a tip for making sure you have it right side up when you start?

I guess you mean having the right side facing you.
My HD has a light color on one side verse dark on
the other side.This let's me know if I'm in the right orientation
to begin.
Todd
Slartibartfaust
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
213 Posts

Profile of Slartibartfaust
Same as Zombie Blair or wicler

love it
There is much wonder in the Great White North
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Dr. Van Van Mojo
Quote:
On 2013-11-29 22:01, Robvs wrote:

Same here on the poor vision. If there isn't already a distinguishing mark of some sort, just make one. Scratch it, mark it with a sharpie, whatever. Nobody will notice, it'll look like an imperfection. It's just sticks and string after all.
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1498 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
I still can't get this to stand straight. Only about 45 degrees. I have moved it around in my palm and tried different spots. Maybe the gimmick is angled incorrectly or inserted in the wood incorrectly. Any other advice?
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
mndude
View Profile
Special user
767 Posts

Profile of mndude
Quote:
On 2013-11-30 09:21, magicbyswh wrote:
I still can't get this to stand straight. Only about 45 degrees. I have moved it around in my palm and tried different spots. Maybe the gimmick is angled incorrectly or inserted in the wood incorrectly. Any other advice?

You kind of have to use the right leg as leverage as it pushes into the padded part of your hand.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Colin Clive went nuts saying "It’s alive … it’s moving. It’s alive. It’s alive! It’s alive! It’s alive! It’s alive!"

And that was with only a little hand movement. It might be a film, but it illustrates a good pint. An inanimate object like Rogue's Haunted Doll doesn't have to stand fully erect for them to freak out. I think less is more. That's the way I do it.

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Good point, but personally, causing the haunted doll to rise fully is a temptation I find impossible to resist.
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
I like making her flip over completely (Mine is a woman).
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1491 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Maybe intrduce him to a hot female HD might get him stand straight up........Smile

Seriously though, I had to play with sweet spots, doll placement & muscle control of my hand to get mine to stand all the way up. If I'm not on spot with all 3, it wont go all the way up straight without tilting my hand back s tad.......

Practice, trial & error -
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2013-11-24 16:17, Godzilla wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-11-24 14:31, Daren wrote:
Anyone else have problems getting this to rise, I have tried on the hand in various locations and can only get it to rise up about 2 cm??

If I may,I've been doing this effect with dolls & ink pens,for years!
Try reversing,place doll in upright position,with *alm extended,then change position of *alm.
This will help finding sweet spot,and let you know,how to do method!
Then you can reverse that,with a better understanding of how to perform!
Just my 2 cents!
If I revealed to much,please report to have removed!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Quote:
On 2013-11-30 11:31, Merlinsmagic wrote:
Maybe intrduce him to a hot female HD might get him stand straight up........Smile

Seriously though, I had to play with sweet spots, doll placement & muscle control of my hand to get mine to stand all the way up. If I'm not on spot with all 3, it wont go all the way up straight without tilting my hand back s tad.......

Practice, trial & error -

Let's not forget tilting the entire arm a tad too. It's less conspicuous than the hand alone.
oldi
View Profile
New user
switzerland
92 Posts

Profile of oldi
Instead of couloring the **** with a black marker: Take some foam and glue and give the doll a pair of shoe.
The gimmik will stick through and remains invisible 100%
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Foam? As in styrofoam?
oldi
View Profile
New user
switzerland
92 Posts

Profile of oldi
Sorry, I meant sponge.Cut 2 cylindric pieces of fine sponge out and glue them onto the feets of the doll; covering the gimmick - yet allows the secret working perfectly.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE HAUNTED DOLL - ROGUE AND SYSTEM 6 (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..23~24~25~26~27..38~39~40 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL