The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE HAUNTED DOLL - ROGUE AND SYSTEM 6 (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..29~30~31~32~33..38~39~40 [Next]
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Quote:
On 2013-12-23 17:22, phillipsart wrote:
One of my dolls has arrived, What's with the DVD? I can not select the different chapters with my remote.

Spent a good 2 hours yesterday trying to get the doll to perform, ended up watching DVD on my computer. My hands look like I attacked it with sandpaper and is painful. Still sore 12 hours later and I could not get it to rise more than a cm or two. Tried all over. I found a much easier way to perform this that don't use the traditional methods as shown here, I can get the doll now to stand right up and no pain, requires an additional prop that I had nearby.

You're not alone bud. Content is terrible anyway. Just figure it out on your own with trial and error. If you want to tear a little hole in your jeans then investigate navigating through the chapters by ripping the disc to your computer and playing the individual files with vlc player.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1454 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Just back from a family dinner.

This and Inferno were the winners
Jim Stan Magic Man
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago Area
238 Posts

Profile of Jim Stan Magic Man
My wife and son got me one of these little guys for Christmas. Very nice! The only issue is the DVD is a little screwy when trying to use the menu. It appears that it does not move when you hit the down arrow for the next chapter. But when you do and hit play it does work. None of the chapters highlight when you try to select one.

I had no trouble getting this to work. It is actually quite easy to make it rise. Sometimes it even moves close to 90 degrees. Looks much better than the voodoo doll that I have. This should be fun to use.

Jim
TomConsole
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of TomConsole
Thought I would chime is and make this my first real post (other than my introduction post). I bought HD a couple months ago and love it. Everyone assumes there is a thread, and at first sometimes I lead them into thinking that there really is. But then I take their finger and circle it all around proving there is not. A few times my spectator has grabbed the doll and examined it very closely, but amazingly nothing has ever been detected. Really drives them crazy!
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of maps
I ordered two and have been waiting for it for over two months and it's not here yet! I've emailed many times with promises of "I'll look into it" but never did.
I am very disappointed.
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14043 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Jim Stan,

You had the exact same problem I did with the DVD. I just figured it out on my own.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10498 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2013-12-27 00:27, TomConsole wrote:
Thought I would chime is and make this my first real post (other than my introduction post). I bought HD a couple months ago and love it. Everyone assumes there is a thread, and at first sometimes I lead them into thinking that there really is. But then I take their finger and circle it all around proving there is not. A few times my spectator has grabbed the doll and examined it very closely, but amazingly nothing has ever been detected. Really drives them crazy!

Thanks Tom!

Glad to see you here on the Café my friend.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14043 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Cheers!
NocturnalMagic
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of NocturnalMagic
Its a very light difference between the two, I can see it on my xbox one and not my 360. I am having some handling issues, if someone who has it and preforms it on a normal basis could PM me that would be great, don't want to discuss the method in public.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1454 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Would be great if this came with a gimmicked & ungimmicked doll.
Agreed, DVD menu is horrible
phillipsart
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
310 Posts

Profile of phillipsart
DVD menu is not only horrible, its unusable. I never ever came upon such a problem with DVD and I seen a lot of DVD's.

I have to view this on my computer.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5294 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Just received this about an hour ago and already it is working fine! Wasn’t difficult at all to get it to rise all the way to upright in my hand. Very cool!

I didn't try the DVD in a set-top DVD player; I just ripped it to my hard drive and played it with the VLC player - which is what I do with all my magic DVDs. No problem playing it. However once I select a chapter there is no direct way back to the main menu. But after each chapter plays it returns back to the main menu on its own, so that works for me.

As for working the doll itself there isn't really a lot of instruction needed; this little guy works exactly as explained and I am not having any difficulty with it. It can rise all the way each time. Love it!

Any word on additional dolls? Or the box that was mentioned earlier? I'll be ordering more as soon as they make them available.

Thanks!

Jim
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6922 Posts

Profile of bowers
After hundred's of time's using this.
My gimmick loosen and started swiveling.
I just put a drop of super glue on it.
And it's ready again for some more fun.
Todd
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14043 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I'll keep that in mind. Mine is holding up very well.
Whimsical Guy
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Whimsical Guy
Just joined and this is my first post. I've been coming here for awhile unregistered and reading reviews. Really enjoy this place.

I just received the HD today and really like it. Great item. I was one of the guys who got a bad DVD. Wouldn't play on my standalone player. Like others have said I couldn't select chapters. If I just hit play it would only play the performance part and then go back to the main menu so had to play it on the computer. But that said I really like this illusion alot.

I actually wasn't familiar with any previous tricks that used a similar gimmick before this doll but I knew what the gimmick was before ordering because of a bad performance on youtube of some guy reviewing it which made it obvious, but it's very clever and I love the look of the doll. I blackened the ends of each appendage with a sharpie just because I like the look better. I don't know if it will actually help hide the gimmick more but I think it looks better. Just a personal preference. But yeah great item.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6922 Posts

Profile of bowers
Welcome to the café Whimsical Guy.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14043 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Yes. Welcome!
marjochan
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of marjochan
Hi, just fresh from the introduction page and wanted to say how impressed I am with this version of the haunted doll. It has passed the wife and daughter test so it has to be good. I have made up a casket like box for him to go into to protect him. It has an up and over lid with magnets to secure it down with a made to measure interior. The doll and casket has had great reactions so far including a couple who ran away never to be seen again.
ThatsCool
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
This looks like a great illusion. I read in another thread on the Café that the gimmick has to be inserted under your skin and can cause you to bleed, which seems odd to me as why would anyone want open wounds in public from performing an illusion.

I'm not saying this does that of course. I just want to clarify it's not true.

Thanks Smile.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6922 Posts

Profile of bowers
It never has done any of that
to my hand's.
Todd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THE HAUNTED DOLL - ROGUE AND SYSTEM 6 (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..29~30~31~32~33..38~39~40 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL