We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Finger/stage manipulation Can Someone tell me about McBride's Candle? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Luke Sherratt
View Profile
Loyal user
The Isle Of Wight, England
246 Posts

Profile of Luke Sherratt
Hi, I have a few queries about McBride's Candle. first is it any good? second what effect can you achieve with this candle? I can find no reviews on it. Can someone write one for me?

Regards,

Luke Smile
We're 106 miles from Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses
Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Vxj,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
Jeff has a good explanation regarding his candle on his double video The Magic Of Jeff McBride.
The basic routine is Flame through Silk.
Vibono Mirage
Magic entertainer and Balloon artist
boltt223
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona, USA
175 Posts

Profile of boltt223
I didn't think much of it until I saw Jeff do it live. It can be a lot of fun. Smile
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
I own it and have been very happy with it.
There are many effects that can be done.
It can be produced lit or unlit and then magically light. It can be levitated as well.
It take considerable practice to use it well too.
Daniel Faith
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22923 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
If you want one, buy one fast as Zanadu made them and he passed away last year. They have a few left on Jeff McBride's web site.

I personally do not think much of the item. It uses a device that may become obsolete in time, that is common on the market today.

You can DIY if you have seen one. It is very large and does not match any candle item on the market presently and you would have to devise a special candle holder to set it in because of the size.

Sorry, but the I cannot tell you much more due to the restrictions of this site.

Since "Magic Hands" is out of business in Germany, there is not much in the way of candles on the market presently. I am surprised at the good quality of the multiplying candles from India.
Smile
Luke Sherratt
View Profile
Loyal user
The Isle Of Wight, England
246 Posts

Profile of Luke Sherratt
Do you know a good place to get good multiplying candles? I bought some at a convention and they all fell apart. They were rusty on the hinges and at the lightest touch they broke. Can you give me some names of companies that do good ones?

Regards,

Luke Smile
We're 106 miles from Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22923 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I have a set from Magic Inc., Chicago, IL. You might call them and see if they have a set setting in the drawer. These were the best made. I then got a set that were made in South America. The local magic shop got them from the California jobber/wholesaler. I cannot think of the name of the place at present.

Have you tried to re-solder the set you have? Failing this the ones from India can be gotten from http://www.magicgoods.com

They have great prices for what you get, and good mail service.

Bill Smile
Continued:

Found the name, Magic City. They only wholesale so you have to find a dealer that will order it for you.

You can search their website at:

http://www.magicity.com

If it is not on their web site, this does not mean that they don't have it. Maybe they will answer an email.

Bill Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Finger/stage manipulation Can Someone tell me about McBride's Candle? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL