The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Versatile Monte & Beyond DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

eric6
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of eric6
Any revew about this product ?
Does it use transfert sheet or direct printing ?
Eric
Crossroads Mystic
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
498 Posts

Profile of Crossroads Mystic
Anyone pick this up yet?
...from whose bourne,

no traveler returns...

Formerly Mr.Skin

facebook.com/CrossroadsMystic
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
940 Posts

Profile of cfrye
I watched it for the first time last night. The information is very good -- Mark Allen (the presenter) shows you how to prepare a card to accept printing, how to line everything up properly, and how to restore the glossy coating to the printed card. I'm a technical writer and I found his procedure descriptions to be above average, though he does go through things a bit quickly to catch everything the first time. That's not a big deal when you're dealing with a DVD, though.

On the down side, the presentation is below average. At times Mark sounds almost computer generated.

You do need to have several bits of equipment to do everything Mark tells you to do:

o A word processing program such as Microsoft Word (this is the only real software requirement)
o A printer that can accept 110-lb card stock paper
o A scanner or digital camera (optional but recommended)
o A graphics or page layout program (optional but recommended)

You can probably use OpenOffice (which you can find at OpenOffice.org) for your word processing needs. In fact, that's probably all you need to do the basics. You can use the Paint program that comes with Windows to create your own graphics, or find a cheap graphics program out there somewhere.

The DVD only costs $17.95, so if you have a printer, some art, and the desire to create your own cards, I can recommend plunking down a $20 bill to buy it.
Randy
View Profile
Loyal user
Rochester, NY
261 Posts

Profile of Randy
Tom Frank is a friend of Mark's and he showed me some cards he had made using this process back at the Buffalo Get-Together. They look just like they were printed at the factory. Tom didn't mention that there would be a DVD available so I was pleasantly surprised to see this for sale. I haven't seen the DVD yet, so I can't tell you about the presentation but I can tell you that the cards made using the process are top quality.
The Buffalo Get-Together - A Close-Up Magic Convention
Crossroads Mystic
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
498 Posts

Profile of Crossroads Mystic
Thanks Curt & Randy. That's good info to hear.
...from whose bourne,

no traveler returns...

Formerly Mr.Skin

facebook.com/CrossroadsMystic
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2957 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Besides being able to put pictures on the back of playing cards, do you have the abilty to make gimmickes like double facers?
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Yes you can. Get double blank backs for totally custom back to back cards, and blank backers to make double facers to your specification. I suggest you use a laser printer.

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2957 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Oh sweet, I have a laser printer. I'm definately getting this.
Dream&Magic
View Profile
New user
England
16 Posts

Profile of Dream&Magic
I get my cards from http://www.customplayingcards.co.uk.

They do full-colour prints on Bicycle cards.
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2957 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
I just ordered this, I'll give a review once I try it out.
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2957 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Ok so today I tried it out. It works great. The only problem with this I found is matching the colors correctly. I had some scanner troubles from the beginning, so I started using my digital camera, which wouldn't have worked as well as a scanner. The program he suggested for color matching didn't work on my computer for some reason. But I'm still trying to match the colors for the playing cards. As far as making the picture of rabbits, etc. on the cards, it works great the playing cards work just as well as brand new out of the factory playing cards. I highly recommend it.
Marco Koch
View Profile
New user
Germany
63 Posts

Profile of Marco Koch
Does it only works with a laser printer or can I use my inkjet as well?

Thanks,
Marco.
Suave Dan
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
656 Posts

Profile of Suave Dan
You can use inkjet, but the ink may smear.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Versatile Monte & Beyond DVD (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL