The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Holografx - A holographic Magic/FX Show? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

obeytheeye
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of obeytheeye
Hey I thought some of you might find this interesting I came across this and bought it in Toys R Us. It is an interesting technology using magic principles. Basically you download an app on your cell phone then place your phone on a small stage hidden behind part of the stage and the images reflect on a clear plastic sheet disguised. Basically you have these little holographic actors appear and you seemingly interact with them for a two part show each 10-15 minutes long. It reminds me of a high tech flea circus.

I haven't gotten the whole thing down yet but it looks surprisingly good and my kids got a kick out of it. Here's the link:

http://holografxgame.com/?gclid=CIy88-X0g7oCFQeg4Aodu3QAKg
Bietfriek
View Profile
Elite user
Tilburg, The Netherlands
455 Posts

Profile of Bietfriek
Pepper's Ghost as a toy.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
That's REALLY cool. I've always been a huge fan of peppers ghost.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1670 Posts

Profile of JamieD
I purchased one of these mis August just to have. They are truly great little things and I cant help but think, kids will LOVE them! The updates are also great!

Jamie Daws
THE DARK SERIES - DECEASED - SCREAM - HE'S NOT HERE - www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5944 Posts

Profile of george1953
Looks very interesting, looks like I have to go to toys r us
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8054 Posts

Profile of pegasus
So is it a 3D hologram?
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
Very cool!

Pegasus no it is not a true 3D hologram, but there is tech out there that does produce that effect, using a iPod/iphone etc. Using a pyramid design.
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I want this,wonder if the image could be magnified up?,also how much is the App? and could it be done using a lap top,don't see why not on the last question,all the best.
Shane
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2203 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Pre ordered mine ages ago and it turned up today. Thought it would be a fun thing to have around the house or shop Smile
ekins
View Profile
Elite user
Portland, Oregon
412 Posts

Profile of ekins
This is available from Amazon too. So far it has all 5 star reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/Goliath-Games-3613......olografx
obeytheeye
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of obeytheeye
Jamie I did not know they planned updates. That's cool.
Fire- No you can't unless you make your own bigger version for your laptop and your own FX as well. I recommend checking it out to give you ideas.

My kids love it.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On 2013-10-07 13:30, obeytheeye wrote:
Jamie I did not know they planned updates. That's cool.
Fire- No you can't unless you make your own bigger version for your laptop and your own FX as well. I recommend checking it out to give you ideas.

My kids love it.

Arh many thanks,i would like to make a ghostly image form ,from the darkness on a ouija board ,still might get it to play around with,all the best.
Shane
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I have a few more questions I see that you can film yourself and project the image,can you make your own little movie and project it? I can not seem to find any more info on this and the picture of the images are very small so can not see what the quality is?.
obeytheeye
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of obeytheeye
It's good quality. There is a head shaped frame you video yourself in and it cuts off the background. You can have a black background with a black shirt to make a floating head. You can say anything you want. (even make a prediction).
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On 2013-10-07 16:03, obeytheeye wrote:
It's good quality. There is a head shaped frame you video yourself in and it cuts off the background. You can have a black background with a black shirt to make a floating head. You can say anything you want. (even make a prediction).

Arh now ya talking ,thankyou very much just what I wanted to here,all the best.
Shane
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1444 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
I almost bought this last week BUT while in line at the register noticed the app is 800MB!

I usually don't have more then 200MB or so available on my iPhone so had to put it back. :-(
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I will run it on my old samsung Galaxy S and take off th aps that I don't use to make room for the data,all the best.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Not sure what to do with this one,as I have to buy it to get the app and not sure if it will work on my phone mentioned above,i do have an iphone 4S now so it proberly will on that,but a gamble on the samsung and that's what I want it for, not many reviews yet,would like to see it working close up,mmmm?.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Well I got it and have been playing with it ,download app a complete nightmare,will not load and a lot of giga byte,but I did clear my phone so why I do not know? the extra instruction website does not come up how it should,but it comes up and all the tricks are revealed for free,so did not have to put the password in,how odd? every bugger can see all the tricks revealed,Did read up up on it before purchase and with lack of reveiew's I went for it and what reviews I did read were very bad press on how the app was hard to download,or it did not play the vidio.However I have had a play about as mentioned and I have a nice spinning card effect and I am pretty sure I can make some vids to make this look spooky enough for halloween and even a good size image aswell,so we will see £35.00 is a lot for it and I have experimented before with the peppers ghost elusion but id have to say never thought of the mobile phone as the projector.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Holografx - A holographic Magic/FX Show? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL