The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Pro Gravity Tango Flipper Coin, Half Dollar (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tkdario
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of tkdario
Hello everyone, it took me two days to get figure out how to get on this Magic Café and I finally did it. Here is my problem. I ordered the Pro Gravity coin from Tango. It only took about 2 days of working with it when it broke. I have watched the video that sent along with it but it does not work with the pro gravity version. It works with a regular flipper coin with binder around the out side. I did manage to get it apart, put new binder on and stick back in place. It does not come back out as it should. I have tried several times redoing it. Does anyone have any suggestions, online videos or what ever? One I have put the new rubber on it seems like the coin wants to flip the wrong way in my hand and this is before putting it back in the shell. Please help, very frustated after paying big money for it. Thanks, Tom
Dentian
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of Dentian
Hello tkdario and welcome to the café

It sounds like there are probably two reasons for this problem:
1. the band/binder is not tight around the hinge area
2. you didn't push the 'smaller' part of the flipper against the 'edge' of the coin enough.

To solve the first problem, follow the following instructions by Todd Lassen:
"If you assemble the flipper insert and don’t manage to get the band stretched a little tight in the hinge area, it will create a little gap at the join area. When installing the band, it is best to put it around the small piece first. Then, take a toothpick and guide the band HALF way around the larger part. Hold that there and take your toothpick and bring the band up from the other side. It’s a little bit of screwing around, but you will get a system."

There is also a video of this somewhere on his blog but I couldn't find that.

To solve the second problem, simply push the small piece up against the edge more (apply quite a bit of pressure) so that you are sure its snug against the 'wall' of the coin.

If you still have this problem, Private message me with a few pictures of your coin so I can try identifying the problem..

Hope this has helped!
tkdario
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of tkdario
Dentian, thank you very much for the tips. I will give them a try tomorrow. I appreciate your help on the matter. Have a nice evening.
Tom
AnthonyJD
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island , N.Y.
338 Posts

Profile of AnthonyJD
I had two pro gravity quarters by Tango . I tried to replace bands on mine to the ninth degree and they did not work as before. I did pm mr Tango and he was very helpful and in Addition to offering advice he offered to repair the 2 coins for free. Try contacting him good luck and welcome.
tkdario
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of tkdario
I sent mine down last week to Mr. tango to fix. I am paying for the shipping
konstant
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of konstant
Do you know how often is recommended to change the elastic thread in tango pro...?
I just received it , and I am practising with it. But I am a little bit scared to break the thread the first time that I will use it in public. I usually spend months practising before show in public.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5294 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
People who perform commercially using flipper coins often change them before each show! I stopped performing with flippers after the second incident of having the band break in the middle of a routine. I stick mostly with C/S coins and shells now when I use gaffs at all.

Jim
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
554 Posts

Profile of Motor City
From what I have heard, the THREAD is supposed to last for a long time as opposed to the rubber band.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5294 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2014, Motor City wrote:
From what I have heard, the THREAD is supposed to last for a long time as opposed to the rubber band.

Yes, I have heard the same, MC. However when I had my flipper mini-disasters those weren't yet on the market. And now I don’t bother with many gaffs other than the C/S coin, shells, and the occasional CSB and Sun & Moon coin.

Thanks!

Jim
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
This thread is two years old but I've got a question regarding those Tango flippers ... I'm ok the edge of getting a elastic or gravity flipper ( quarter ) but my question is not about which one to get , but is about whether they are magnetic , hope anyone who has these can answer ... Are the pro gravity and elastic Tango flipper coins magnetic ?
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5294 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I bought a Pro Gravity Flipper from Tango more than a few years ago and it wasn’t magnetic - I don’t think they offered magnetic at that time. Not sure they offer such a thing even now. If it doesn’t mention magnet in the product write-up then I would say no.

Jim
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1694 Posts

Quote:
On Mar 27, 2016, J-Mac wrote:
I bought a Pro Gravity Flipper from Tango more than a few years ago and it wasn’t magnetic - I don’t think they offered magnetic at that time. Not sure they offer such a thing even now. If it doesn’t mention magnet in the product write-up then I would say no.

Jim

Thank you for the answer . It's weird that one guy posted a review on Penguins about Gravity Flipper saying it was magnetic ... Seems that I've to work with a non magnetic version then .

I think they do have a magnetic version now , but it's just the most basic flipper without real edges .

- Albert Einstein
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
554 Posts

Profile of Motor City
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2016, Magician560 wrote:
This thread is two years old but I've got a question regarding those Tango flippers ... I'm ok the edge of getting a elastic or gravity flipper ( quarter ) but my question is not about which one to get , but is about whether they are magnetic , hope anyone who has these can answer ... Are the pro gravity and elastic Tango flipper coins magnetic ?

The "Pro Elastic" flipper coin from Tango does not have a magnet. Neither does the "Gravity" flipper.
Mr. Tango
View Profile
Elite user
Argentina
458 Posts

Profile of Mr. Tango
Hello friends

Now we replaced the rubber band for a elastic thread, so is to much easier to fix it because you don't have to unfix the small part of the coin to put the refill, you only have to pass the elastic for the hole and make a knot.
In the new system, the coin has a piece of metal inside that replaced the groove, so the coin can works with a magnet, so is not magnetic but is steel.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1694 Posts

Thank your again for the reply . In other words I take that the Pro Elastic version can be attracted to a magnet , that'll be perfectly all I need , a gravity flipper that doesn't break easily and can be opened multiple times continuously .

Mine is on the way , hope the cu* will be less visible .

- Albert Einstein
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1694 Posts

I just received my Tango Elastic Flipper . Got to say , it really exceeded my expectation . ( I purchased strongman too , and apparently this Tango Flipper acts as a great comparison from the Stongman , one with a superb quality ( flipper ) and the other with a super sad gimmick that I can't use ( before I went for an exchange ) ) ...

Anyways , I don't know if this is the right thread since its for gravity flipper , but I'll post it here anyways since the pro elastic can also be stretched to a gravity one ( which I've done so ) . Firstly , the coin itself . It's so well constructed that it even passed my test . Yes I was literally looking at the gimmick and couldn't spot a single cut line ( I was standing at a brightly lit area ) , and only when I went to a normally lot area where I'll be able to see just a slight cut , not much noticeable at all . I'm really happy with the craftsmanship .

Secondly , the quality itself . I was too clumsy when I received this and dropped the coin onto the road when I opened it ... Oh well I thought 75 bucks which just went down the drain . ( I'm afraid the shell might get dent ) , but when I picked it up and played with it , it seems that it's not even damaged in any way , I couldn't even spot any dent . It works as promised , very well . I stretched the coin and it lay down on my hand like a gravity flipper , perfect .

The coin itself is also magnetic ( doesn't contain a magnetic inside but is partially made of steel which can be attracted to a magnet ) . It's just exactly what I want .

As for the elastic , it's quite lasting , I've played with the gimmick for a day already and the elastic still is in good condition , definitely will last a long time . I'll be using this to replace my old damaged traditional flipper , hope it will last for a few months before I need a replacement of the elastic .

Overall really good quality and I really like it . Worth the price .

- Albert Einstein
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
554 Posts

Profile of Motor City
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2016, Mr. Tango wrote:
Hello friends

Now we replaced the rubber band for a elastic thread, so is to much easier to fix it because you don't have to unfix the small part of the coin to put the refill, you only have to pass the elastic for the hole and make a knot.
In the new system, the coin has a piece of metal inside that replaced the groove, so the coin can works with a magnet, so is not magnetic but is steel.

Mr. Tango,

Do you have any plans to make your Pro Elastic Flipper magnetic? I really liked your original flipper coins that were magnetic because you could use them with a shimmed shell. However, when using your new system flippers and your magnetic shell, the shell does not seat well on the flipper because the magnet in the shell is too thick.

Also, the magnetic shell doesn't work well on a regular coin for the same reason. If the magnet were thinner it would work.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Pro Gravity Tango Flipper Coin, Half Dollar (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL