The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » New Book "Kidtrix" from Paul Osborne...Must Have! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Paul Osborne Does it again with his new Kidtrix book (Props and Presentations for the childrens's performer. Kidtrix

Here is a book for every kid performer. And yes, for family entertainers as well. It is full of easy to make items and how to use items that are sitting on your shelf.

• Wristnosis: A script for your Disecto with tips
  • Giant Crayon: A modern design for Break-away Wand
  • My Pet Frog: A modern version of Hippy-Hop-Rarbits (Real Nice)
  • Ear Cleaning Machine: Head Vanish Illusion
  • Insurance: Script and new routine for the Comedy Insurance Trick
  • Magic Tables: Build your own Magic Tables. (Worth the price of the book)
  • Statospheres: Nice Script
  • Poor Man's Snake Basket: Make your own Snake Basket, with routine
  • Slingshot: How to use your Expensive Jumbo SideKick without a gun.
  • Snowmanship: Rabbit Production you can make
  • Brainscan: A Slate Trick routine
  • Skunk Hunt: A nice Production Routine you can build
  • Kid's Kup: A new approach to the chop cup
  • Cheapo Chop Cup: Cheap way to do the chop cup.
  • Mr. Lincoln's Hat: A nice educational illusion
  • Jaws! Boy you can have fun with this one. Add in Jaws Music! An Easy to Make Hand Chopper
  • Catch Up with Ketchup: Rubber Bottle trick
  • Proof Tacos: Flash Production Trick
  • Tube of Destiny: Tube with Pom-Poms
  • Train House: A nice Story telling Routine
  • Balloon Sawing: Nice Illusion with a Balloon
  • Top Ten: Tips for Performers
  • Conclusion

This belong on your shelf if you are a Kid Magician... Wait a minute. If you like Osborne Stuff then this is a must have!
Dennis Michael
Quentin
View Profile
Inner circle
1020 Posts

Profile of Quentin
I always liked Paul's books and his contributions to GENII magazine. I felt one of his illusions should have been included in the GENII 75th Anniversary issue.

Thanks for the heads-up on this Dennis.
JoshLondonMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of JoshLondonMagic
If you're not an experience builder of things how hard are the props to build? I don't have a shop and lie in an apartment with a wife and 7 month old girl hahaha

Josh
Josh
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Danny Orleans has a giant break-away crayon he teaches how to make on his DVD set. He also sells them on his website. I bought one and it's very well made.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
cliffd
View Profile
New user
Colorado
21 Posts

Profile of cliffd
Do you need to already own the props to do these, or is this about how to make them?
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-10-07 14:31, JoshLondonMagic wrote:
If you're not an experience builder of things how hard are the props to build? I don't have a shop and lie in an apartment with a wife and 7 month old girl hahaha

Josh

Quite a few are easy to make. The Shark one looks simple. Some require a jig saw to outline the design. The designs are not like most of Paul Osborne plans for big illusions.
Dennis Michael
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-10-07 21:56, cliffd wrote:
Do you need to already own the props to do these, or is this about how to make them?

If you have Stratospheres, you can use the routine supplied. I did see anything very complex but enough routines to make this book worth the purchase.

There are only a few where you can use existing props, some really easy to make items, and LOTS of ideas to think about in revising your show.
Dennis Michael
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Michael238
Thanks for the heads up
Gonzo
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Gonzo
Ordering mine today, thanks for the information.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
I think I'll wait for the reviews from others here. I have jumped on things early in the past and they now sit on my shelf (BTW, anyone wanna buy a near-complete collection of Osborne books? I have most of them and have NO intention of ever performing of building another illusion again!).

P.S. Gonzo, that is one big bunny!
cliffd
View Profile
New user
Colorado
21 Posts

Profile of cliffd
Thanks for the feedback about the book , it looks interesting. I like the idea of building my own props, but maybe it's because I haven't really tried it yet! Smile
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
For the record I am a HUGE Osborne fan but...
The JAWS shark chopper may come a bit close to our Shark Finger Chopper which we planned to make full size someday.
Just wanted that on the record as I invented and marketed it many years ago.
I will have to see his design/method to see if we have an issue.
Either way, Paul and I are easy dogs to hunt with Smile
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Does the giant crayon in "Kidtrix" from Paul Osborne consist of three parts with a string through them like Danny's?

http://www.dannyorleansmagic.com/magic-p......y_crayon
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
Does this book included the complete routines for the tricks?
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
@ Dennis, any chance you can answer some of our questions. It seems you might be the only guy to know what the book is about since you are promoting it. Just trying to find out I the book is right for me, or if it contains info already on the market.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

The crayon was designed with David Ginn and it consists of 4 parts, made from tin cans.

The book does have complete routines for kids. I don't know if they are "tried and true". Like all canned routines, it a starting point where you can build on based on your experiences.

The Jaws a is an arm chopper with the movie in mind with moveable panels similar to the older arm choppers like the Deblon duel arm chopper.

As one old magician said, there is nothing new to magic, just redesigned props from the older more antiquated props with routine twists to them.
Dennis Michael
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Thanks Dennis for taking time to address some questions. I know you didn't have to so much appreciated.
pbj100
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of pbj100
I still have one of the origanal crayons
Phil
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Just ordered

How's the shipping time?

Any reviews?

thx
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Just ordered here too.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » New Book "Kidtrix" from Paul Osborne...Must Have! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL