The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Blindsight OUTDONE (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Adrian King
View Profile
New user
I "Like"
75 Posts

Profile of Adrian King
"Some of you" - that'll be me, then. I have no doubt that the prediction slip packs a punch and rounds off the routine beautifully. I just know that if I saw (or participated in) this effect without prior knowledge, I would initially be astonished. But I would run it through in my mind and realise that the prediction adds nothing to the colour match. Some lay people think over great effects that they have seen and let the magic grow to something even greater in their mind and memory. (Killer Elite did this to me for years!)
Clearly I am alone here, so I will write no more about it (apart from thanking any others whom can intellectualise my point of view) and be grateful for freedom of speech and the respect that we give one another.
Bottom line - buy this and amaze others!
westo
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
444 Posts

Profile of westo
I did this last night using my aleph wallet for the s***** of the e********. it went great. Just the four envelopes on the table at the finish. My mate who knows about magic was baffled to say the least.
I use the very small pay envelopes.
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek' and 'The Westo Dump'
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4663 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2013-10-22 01:51, Adrian King wrote:
"Some of you" - that'll be me, then. I have no doubt that the prediction slip packs a punch and rounds off the routine beautifully. I just know that if I saw (or participated in) this effect without prior knowledge, I would initially be astonished. But I would run it through in my mind and realise that the prediction adds nothing to the colour match. Some lay people think over great effects that they have seen and let the magic grow to something even greater in their mind and memory. (Killer Elite did this to me for years!)
Clearly I am alone here, so I will write no more about it (apart from thanking any others whom can intellectualise my point of view) and be grateful for freedom of speech and the respect that we give one another.
Bottom line - buy this and amaze others!

No one is disrespecting you, we are simply exercising our freedom of speech to to post our thoughts in relation to what you say. Just as you post your thoughts in relation to what we say, hence the meaning of a forum. just as I have been told and I am sure others here have been told, take a breather and try to enjoy the Café. it's meant for everybody to share their opinions.

Now if someone would have told you to blatantly shut up, then I would say you were disrespected.

RNK
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
I do appreciate everyone's feedback on this trick, it helps my effects evolve. Thanks to some comments about the prediction, I have came up with a NEW version of Blindsight outdone that has an entirely different ending with no multiple outs and will address any issues that some of you may have with the final prediction. This is a NEW ending that has never been used in blindsight and will expand the person's guessing to five envelopes. This new ending will stun everyone and will appear to be so impossible it will boggle the mind. This new version will be called "Picture Perfect" This new version will not use colored cards and will take an approach to the effect I have not done before. Thanks for your feedback as it has helped me create an even NEWER method and one I think is stronger than the other blindsights. That doesn't mean not do blindsight outdone, continue to do it. I just have a bigger surprise on the horizon. I have talked with some people at Murphy's about this new approach and they love it, but this still a few months down the road. I need to test this in REAL world conditions before it is released.

This new version will be performed by me STAGE SIZE at the East Coast Mind Jam. I will be curious to see the reactions of other mentalists when it debuts. Sorry not going to be in my lecture, just part of the stage show.
Jack Straw
View Profile
Special user
Wichita
861 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Wow!

What an announcement!

"Picture Perfect" sounds like a winner!
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3689 Posts

Profile of JanForster
I would wait for "Picture Perfect Outdone" ...
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Jan, There won't be a Picture Perfect Outdone...if something is perfect, it can't be outdone. LOL
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
3689 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Smile Smile Smile
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Adrian King
View Profile
New user
I "Like"
75 Posts

Profile of Adrian King
Quote:
No one is disrespecting you, we are simply exercising our freedom of speech to to post our thoughts in relation to what you say. Just as you post your thoughts in relation to what we say, hence the meaning of a forum. just as I have been told and I am sure others here have been told, take a breather and try to enjoy the Café. it's meant for everybody to share their opinions.

Now if someone would have told you to blatantly shut up, then I would say you were disrespected.

RNK

Thanks, RNK - you are ever so sweet. I genuinely meant that I was "grateful for freedom of speech and the respect that we give one another". It was not a slur.

Quote:
On 2013-10-22 08:19, Devin Knight wrote:
Thanks for your feedback as it has helped me create an even NEWER method and one I think is stronger than the other blindsights.

I am an inspiration ... a muse!
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
899 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Devin, I really like Poker Tells a lot and I like the core of Blindsight Outdone.
Wouldnt it be good starting to offer a addendum to your supporters instead of selling a new Blindsight (under a new name)?
Maybe I have to learn that nobody is as generous in this regard as Elliott Bresler.
It just looks strange to me advertising a new Blindsight here... now... as if you really try to milk it out...
Much movies should have remain a trilogy.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
I would offer an addendum, if it were the same thing with colored cards. This is something new and does not used color cards, it will require special picture cards that you will not have and will be expensive for me to produce. It will involve 5 cards instead of four. Not trying to milk anything. This is a new effect with a different ending and will not be called Blindsight. Just saying that the feedback led me to create a new effect. If this were just an addedumn I would update the directions, but such is not the case. Still it will be several months before this new effect is released.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2843 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
ArtIn, just look at the many versions of Four Told...one better than the one before while even the first one was labeled "closest thing to mindreading".
Funny, he?
What we learn here: obviously there is indeed a maximization of closest or perfect or outdone.
:D
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
734 Posts

Profile of roblane
Has anyone in the UK sourced suitable envelopes for this? Gonna order off Lybrary , just being lazy!
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
westo
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
444 Posts

Profile of westo
I got a load of small stamp envelopes off ebay a while ago. They fit in my wallet.
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek' and 'The Westo Dump'
roblane
View Profile
Special user
734 Posts

Profile of roblane
Quote:
On 2013-10-24 14:15, westo wrote:
I got a load of small stamp envelopes off ebay a while ago. They fit in my wallet.

That sounds worth a look, thanks Westo
roblane
View Profile
Special user
734 Posts

Profile of roblane
I loved the first 'blindsight', but this is even better! Thanks Devin.
Barnstormer
View Profile
Regular user
Batavia, Ohio
150 Posts

Profile of Barnstormer
I checked all of my local office supply stores and none had #5 envelopes, so I went to #7.

Worked great when practicing on the family but they ended up asking about the "extra" envelops on the table.

I need to work on finding a misdirection for this.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
3689 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Quote:
On 2013-10-30 12:00, Barnstormer wrote:
I checked all of my local office supply stores and none had #5 envelopes, so I went to #7.

Worked great when practicing on the family but they ended up asking about the "extra" envelops on the table.

I need to work on finding a misdirection for this.

There are extra envelopes on the table with the original Blindsight too. They just appear to be empty envelopes.
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1214 Posts

Profile of magicman29
As far as I'm aware you can use any size envelope if you wish, I don't use the envelopes that devin says to use in blinsight outdone.

Kieran
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Blindsight OUTDONE (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL