The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Practical Mental Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cornelius
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
213 Posts

Profile of Cornelius
Hello,

I am a beginning mentalist and I am currently studying the book Practical Mental Magic by Theodore Annemann. I was looking through it and a lot of it is just mental magic. Do any of you know of the actual mentalism routines in the book? I mean, the ones that get strong responses? Just their names? Thanx a bunch ya'll!

From,
Cornelius. Smile Smile
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Try,
Mystery of the blackboard
or para optic
phillip
Mr Amazing
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of Mr Amazing
A lot of it is a matter of presentation. Most of it in PMM I would say, actually. I think that if you just stay away from the very proppy effects, you'll be fine.
mysticz
View Profile
Special user
D.C. metro area
680 Posts

Profile of mysticz
When you've put some serious time into reading, thinking, and practicing what Annemann teaches, you might want to learn "A Day in Your Life," a very practical and instructive billet routine.
Good luck.

JZ
Joe Zabel
"Psychic Sorcery"

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

-- Shakespeare's Hamlet I.v. 174-175
MichelAsselin
View Profile
Veteran user
20th century, 3rd dimension
326 Posts

Profile of MichelAsselin
I always tought that the first few effects out of PME were the first few ones; Tervil, etc. I still pretty much feel that way. I also tought the billet stuff was pretty lame until I Bob Cassidy's act. Annemann can be proud.
" , ? ; !!! "
- Marcel Marceau, Feb 30, 1945.
Bambaladam
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Bambaladam
Once you get going, Pseudo Psychometry is a strong effect.

The whole Envelope Necromancy chapter is more or less viable today. And slates can be white boards in a lot of cases.

But generally, there is nothing in there you'd be wasting your time to be reading.

So just have fun.

/Bamba
Cornelius
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
213 Posts

Profile of Cornelius
Thanx for the advice guys. I will be sure to take it. Anyway, so far I like the billet stuff. I think Annemann probably started out with the best stuff in the beginning of the book and slowly made his way down. Thanx again!

Signed,
Cornelius. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Practical Mental Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL